football
Latest News:

Swansea City
Alfie (IP Logged)
10 May, 2017 22:04
Could punish fans for selling free tickets that the players bought.. Lol

"supporters who sold tickets paid for by the first-team squad for Saturday's game at Sunderland.

Captain Leon Britton came up with the idea of the players buying out the full allocation of 3,000 for the club's crunch relegation battle at the Stadium of Light.

The allocation was quickly sold out, but club officials confirmed "a few dozen" had been put up for sale on a ticket-selling website for more than £60 each.

A Swansea spokesman said: "We are extremely disappointed that any supporter would sell a ticket paid for by the players themselves.

"Not only would we warn supporters about getting tickets from these sites, which are often not guaranteed, but any supporter found selling their ticket (for this game) runs the risk of having their season ticket and club membership revoked."

Swansea climbed out of the relegation zone on Saturday by beating Everton 1-0 at the Liberty Stadium.

They are one point above Hull in 17th place ahead of their final two games, Sunderland away and West Brom at home on the final day of the season."

Re: Swansea City
Jilted (IP Logged)
10 May, 2017 22:30
Over payed players giving back a few quid to those they have ripped off are moaning about being ripped off, faf.

Shanghaiclaret (IP Logged)
11 May, 2017 11:34
If I had my way they would be playing in the League of Wales where they belong

Prediction League Champion 2007-2008

Jilted (IP Logged)
11 May, 2017 23:02
Long live the Herefordshire cattle, they ain't as stubborn as other bulls in a China shop.

12 May, 2017 00:30
One of us is smoking something and it isn't me smileys with beer

Brian O'Neil (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 01:02
No matter how much they are paid their actions in buying tickets to give to fans demonstrate how much they value their physical presence and support , especially at away games.If our players took the same stance it would be viewed as very churlish to denigrate their actions. I personally would take a very dim view of any fan taking financial advantage in their circumstances. I don't expet anyone to share my opinion but it is the one I have.

12 May, 2017 01:16
Im with you BO'N

Jilted (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 08:51
Quote:
Brian O'Neil
No matter how much they are paid their actions in buying tickets to give to fans demonstrate how much they value their physical presence and support , especially at away games.

More like the players want to keep their Premier League wages.

I don't smoke dope, but do become one after a dozen ales.(Sm63)(Sm113)

12 May, 2017 11:18
👍

Jilted (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 21:30
You cannae buy ten fags these days, cannae smoke in enclosed public spaces and the quacks want more legislation to make us give up smoking, then the Libdems come along with this potty idea..

[www.bbc.co.uk]

12 May, 2017 23:53
I am quite happy to make cigarette smoking illegal.

soapylily (IP Logged)
13 May, 2017 03:15
Quote:
Shanghaiclaret
and burning rubber in the Gong?

Jilted (IP Logged)
13 May, 2017 08:10
Quote:
Shanghaiclaret

I've spent quite a lot of time in public houses and as a non smoker, smoke in pubs didn't bother me. Ive had relatives who smoked all their days and lived to be over 90. I feel sorry for smokers who are being harassed at every turn by the government, the government are quick enough to tax fags but moan when a smoker requires NHS treatment. Not sure if it's related to smoking or diabetes or whatever, but when I visit the local hospital there seems to be many amputees in wheelchairs, some sitting in the 'fresh air garden' (as it is called)having a fly puff, as it is illegal to smoke within the hospital grounds, I believe there should be a smoking area at the hospital, as for many, smoking is an addiction and they shouldn't be punished for something they can't stop.

Alfie (IP Logged)
13 May, 2017 10:18
Yes,all the smokers should be herded up and shot.. Alongside with all the drinkers of alcoholic beverages..

Ricky_80 (IP Logged)
13 May, 2017 13:21
Well said Alf.

13 May, 2017 13:21
My parents were landlords of a pub in Gargrave. They both smoked over 60 per day. I was raised in a cloud of cigarette smoke, It never used to bother me but it does now. Call me selfish but I am sick of other peoples' selfish habits having a negative impact on my enjoyment and well being.

Fortunately where I live I can go to the pub or to a restaurant without some selfish @#$%& lighting up near me. I just had nine days in Bali. The worst thing about the place was the constant smell of cigarettes.

13 May, 2017 13:23
Burning rubber in the Gong.....If they can afford it and they don't harm anyone let them play

Ricky_80 (IP Logged)
13 May, 2017 13:25
Smokers and alcoholics should all be banished to a remote island.

Alfie (IP Logged)
13 May, 2017 14:01
Quote:
Ricky_80

Australia..?

13 May, 2017 14:05
Ireland

Jilted (IP Logged)
13 May, 2017 14:12
I'd be damned if I'm going to Ireland with their moronic blasphemy laws.

Ricky_80 (IP Logged)
13 May, 2017 14:44
Quote:
Alfie
Quote:
Ricky_80

Australia..?
Any Scottish island will suffice.

Jilted (IP Logged)
13 May, 2017 18:20
Good win for the Swans and their travelling support.
Dundee struggled early in their game, lost an early goal, but from midway in the first half the Dees got stronger and stronger and it was quite an enjoyable 2nd half and we equalised from the penalty spot, ft 1-1.
What is it with you lads away form? Anyway I'll be taking you for a home win next week.

Alfie (IP Logged)
13 May, 2017 18:32
We were absolute Schite today JJ and deservedly got beat.. Thank goodness for that one and only away win that guarantees us another season in premier league and 100 million smackeroos..

I wouldn't take us to beat West Ham,that's for sure..

Jilted (IP Logged)
13 May, 2017 18:41
Just had a look at the home and away form, Burnley 8th at home, West Ham 10th away, it's their poor form at the Olympic stadium that has hampered them 15th at home.
Still think you lads will win, but you know what my predictions are like.

Ricky_80 (IP Logged)
13 May, 2017 19:34
Well done the taff's.

soapylily (IP Logged)
14 May, 2017 02:35
Unlike Newcastle I cannot see Sunderland bouncing straight back and I reckon Moyes will be sacked by Christmas.

14 May, 2017 03:44
Not sure that Moyes will last so long Soapy. I think that they are more likely to be playing in Div 1 than the Premier League in two years.

Jilted (IP Logged)
14 May, 2017 09:36
Not sure if the Baggie fans had sold their tickets to away fans.

[m.youtube.com]

When I went to see Charlton v Birmingham with the missus, took the boat down the Thames, gets the bus to the ground, goes to the shop for tickets and the lad said it was a category A game so he couldn't sell us tickets for the home end, instead he would have to put us in the family section, fair enough. So we walks down the road to the nearest boozer, doorman wants to check our tickets as the pub is for away fans only, he has a look and doesn't know if the tickets are for the home fans or away fans, so gets the manager, the manager is a half micked Irishman, he goes in you come, I can tell by your accent you're from Brum.sad smiley
Similar thing happened when I went to Fulham v Newcastle, had home end tickets, went to a boozer full of Magpies, the doorman in you go I can tell by the accent you're a Geordie.sad smiley
Some times it pays to be Scottish(Sm128)

Jilted (IP Logged)
14 May, 2017 12:50
Looking good for the Swans and Palace now, 2-0 ht at Selhurst.

Ricky_80 (IP Logged)
14 May, 2017 14:36
So Hull relegated,
Cannot see them getting back in the prem for a while.

Jilted (IP Logged)
15 May, 2017 08:46
Quote:
Jilted
Just had a look at the home and away form, Burnley 8th at home, West Ham 10th away, it's their poor form at the Olympic stadium that has hampered them 15th at home.
Still think you lads will win, but you know what my predictions are like.

Hammers home form continued 0-4.
Won't be putting money on this week, too many end of season 'who cares' matches, sometimes they can be good open, entertaining games with a few goals, or could just be a bore. Will still be doing my free online bets. Poor season at the bookies, can't remember getting a hapenny back.smiling smiley
Roll on next season so I can lose more money.smiling smiley

Jilted (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 17:02
Watford bin their manager??? What do the bosses want a fourth place finish.

Ricky_80 (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 18:00
Watford always make me think on Elton John's ring.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net