football
Latest News:

Sunderland
Shanghaiclaret (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 08:06
Biggest game of the year for me. I first met my sister in law in 1978.
Her first words to me were "Why do you support a team
like Burnley".
Needless to say I long got the day that we do the double over them or consign them to the League below us.
I turned on Cotterill the day that we threw a good lead away at the Tutf and drew with them.
Come on boys this is personal for me beat the Mackams

Prediction League Champion 2007-2008

Re: Sunderland
Alfie (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 14:13
Don't hold your breath Shanghai..Another defeat on the way with Defoe scoring a couple to celebrate his England call up..My faith in the Clarets away from hone has disappeared

Dave Thomas (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 14:45
Yep this has a real banana skin feel to it. We're all thinkin this must surely be the first away win... but

It's Sunderland's last chance to keep hopes of survival alive. They'll surely play out of their skins and won't want to be the team that provides Burnley's first away win.

On the other hand it could just be the bore draw of the year, and I'll settle for that.

So_Cal_Claret (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 17:53
Got your bore draw Dave - we still need 7 more. I was a little disappointed we seemed to set up not to lose rather than to go for the win..

Alfie (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 20:15
A good point at the end of the day ..I reckon another three points would see us safe with our goal difference against the bottom teams worth another point

BC2 (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 20:18
Seven more whats SC ? You can't mean draws, that would gives us 39 pnts and there is no way any of the bottom three are going to get anywhere close to 40.

One win, one draw will be more than enough, we might be safe now even.

Dave Thomas (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 20:40
Wish I'd gone up to the bookies and put a coupla grand on that 0-0. Jeez it was so predictable... with hindsight.
Dyche will always set up not to lose... today if you're still not convinced Defour is 100% fit why have him in the bench... bizarre
Today would have been the game to use Agyei and see what he could do with his pace... time for Boyd to go by all accounts.
We may well stay up... but it will be more of the same next season... Dyche is a bloody good manager but he will never be a great one at this level.

BC3 (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 21:39
Quote:
Shanghaiclaret
I turned on Cotterill the day that we threw a good lead away at the Tutf and drew with them.

I remember that game well Shanghai, I'd driven all the way up from the south of France for Christmas and timed it perfectly to get to the game. Two things I remember very clearly, I was in the Bob Lord just behind the away dug-out, and Roy Keane spent the entire game leaning against the side of the dug-out with his arms folded, he never moved nor shouted at his players for the entire 90 minutes, and when they equalised SC had a little tantrum on the touchline, which ended up with him screwing up the notes he had in his hand and throwing them on the floor. I think I'd seem enough of Cotterill as well after that childish behaviour.

Shanghaiclaret (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 21:57
That was the days of listening to it in the radio for me.

If I recall he made a couple of substitutions to try to defend the lead and it backfired on him. I figured there and then he could never have the balls to take us up.

Prediction League Champion 2007-2008

So_Cal_Claret (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 00:24
Quote:
BC
Seven more whats SC ? You can't mean draws, that would gives us 39 pnts and there is no way any of the bottom three are going to get anywhere close to 40.

I reckon if results go against us, Hull can get to 38 and Swansea 39. At this point I am willing to assume M'Boro and Sunderland are gone, though at lot could depend on the new Manager at M'Boro.

Hope Eddie's lot start losing again....

Need 7 to be sure.

morninbob (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 10:48
Hull do have 4 winnable home games so to be on the safe side i'd say we need another 5 points.

BC3 (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 11:56
For Hull to finish in front of us they're going to have to get 9 points more than we do in the last 9 games. It's not impossible and they have improved, but it's a very tall order. They've only won 5 out of 14 home games so far, but they couldn't even beat us, so the chances of them winning 4 out of their last 5, even given their improvement, must be remote, while away from home they're as bad as us, almost.

They could do it, if Leicester can win the league and Lincoln knock us out of the Cup, then anything is possible, but I won't be losing any sleep over it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net