Latest news:

Huddersfield in for Austin ?
Discussion started by fred dibnah , 15 July, 2012 11:50
Huddersfield in for Austin ?
fred dibnah 15 July, 2012 11:50
From The Sun newspaper:
Quote:
BIG-SPENDING Huddersfield boss Simon Grayson has lined up Burnley hitman Charlie Austin as his sixth summer signing — with a £2million bid. Austin could replace £8m-rated Jordan Rhodes, 22, who is wanted by West Ham, Fulham and Reading after 40 goals last term. But Town have offered Rhodes a £1.2million deal to stay and help the Terriers win back-to-back promotions.

Cant see why he would want a sideways move, unless it was for a big pay rise.

Re: Huddersfield in for Austin ?
bordeauxclaret 15 July, 2012 12:13
If they make us an 'offer we can't refuse' the accountants now running the club won't refuse it, and stuff the manager and the fans. They'll just tell Eddie that strikers are like taxis, there's always another one coming along, and pocket the money.

BC
Prediction League Champion 2006/7
Fantasy League Winner 2007/8

colinwaldron 15 July, 2012 12:14
What did we pay for him?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Turfite/colsig.jpg

"Say no to the car scrappage scheme"
Ex Aintree Naps Champion
Ex Naps Champion
Ex Cheltenham Naps Champion

fred dibnah 15 July, 2012 12:56
I thought it was £1.2M, but not sure tbh.

morty77 15 July, 2012 13:17
It was something like that Fred. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if they sold him.
I see Jay Rod scored a cracker yesterday!

Cheltenham Nap Champion 07/08
Cheltenham Nap Champion 09/10
Paddock Naps Champion 2013/14
WE DARED TO DREAM!
THEY SENT US KEAN!

bordeauxclaret 15 July, 2012 13:48
Just been thinking about this, and I know we're a selling club, but if Charlie goes I'm on my last Season Ticket, I'm getting fed up with this pantomime every summer.

BC

Longsiders1882 15 July, 2012 13:53
Nothing would surprise me but I'm dubious about this one, surely it would have to be a major offer, we cannot possibly need to sell.

"A truth’s initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed. It wasn’t the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn’t flat. When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic."

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."

colinwaldron 15 July, 2012 14:19
2 million offer and we paid 1.2 million for him; don't know the ins and outs, but just 800k "profit" seems a meagre amount, given that we need to shell out again to get a replacement?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Turfite/colsig.jpg

"Say no to the car scrappage scheme"
Ex Aintree Naps Champion
Ex Naps Champion
Ex Cheltenham Naps Champion

LightcliffeClaret 15 July, 2012 16:55
Surely even our board would want serious money for Austin, like £3m plus?

Jabberwocky 15 July, 2012 17:16
Having not replaced Jay, surely even our board wouldn't be short-sighted enough to sell - even for a few million? If he stays injury-free, Charlie could be banging them in at this level.

There would be murder if he left now; Jay we could understand, but selling Charlie Austin would be plain stupid.

Golazzo 15 July, 2012 17:54
Sell Austin and this will p*ss the fans off.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2hge7uf.gif

soapylily 15 July, 2012 21:04
Unbelievable to think he might be let go! I really rate Austin.

fred dibnah 15 July, 2012 21:18
Im sure we have no intention of selling unless daft money is offered.

darwen claret 15 July, 2012 21:32
I cant see this happening i wouldnt panic yet.

vinnicombe 15 July, 2012 21:32
They want about £5m for Rhodes, we've got a young goalscorer who's done it at a higher level.

bordeauxclaret 15 July, 2012 22:10
We've just cashed in on Jay Rodriguez, this season will bring the parachute payments we've received in the last three years up to £40m and we're kacking our pants that we might be losing a player to Huddersfield.

Wtf is going on, it should be the other way round.

BC

LightcliffeClaret 15 July, 2012 22:23
I think it's just speculation that Huddersfield are sniffing and a derisory offer of £2m has been mooted.

Our board wouldn't consider it at that price I'm sure so I don't think we need to lay into them just yet.

That's Mr Kilby To You 16 July, 2012 14:07
I'm jonesing for some more dry powder!

LightcliffeClaret 16 July, 2012 14:36
Darren Bentley says it's garbage.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net