football
Latest News:

Rio Ferdinand
fulledgelad (IP Logged)
10 June, 2012 23:28
My message to you is:

Stop bleating and crying you spoilt person.

Why should you be guaranteed 100 caps?

Lest We Forget:
http://i25.tinypic.com/6rkd5g.jpg

Re: Rio Ferdinand
blakeconroy (IP Logged)
11 June, 2012 07:40
the same rio who shunned being captain of england ? it's right he never plays again. maybe if ego was replaced with pride the national team could have a real crack at competing in tournaments ?

Longsiders1882 (IP Logged)
11 June, 2012 12:29
I've read a few articles on this - not seen anywhere that he's said he should be guaranteed a hundred caps, can you please let me have a link to relevant piece, cheers.

Not sure he 'shunned' being captain either.

From what I've read, he's said he wishes he was there, he's said he won't retire whilst he's still playing and will be available should any England manager need or wish to call upon him. What more exactly should he do?

If you want to get angry about this then maybe you should look towards Terry, after all we all know he's the reason Rio isn't there (and it wouldn't surprise me if he was not part of the reason for Micah Richards exclusion from the original squad)

"A truth’s initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed. It wasn’t the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn’t flat. When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic."

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."

blakeconroy (IP Logged)
11 June, 2012 12:46
Quote:
Longsiders1882

Not sure he 'shunned' being captain either.

here is your link

[www.bbc.co.uk]

11 June, 2012 13:33
Not sure that article says he shunned it.

It does point to him saying he didn't want to be captain - and who could blame him after he was made captain then stripped of it so Terry could have it back - after he was surrounded by allegations of relationships with team mates partners, selling the captaincy etc. If anybody shunned anything it was Cappelo who shunned the player.

For what its worth I'm not sure I'd want our campaign riding on Ferdinand's recent patchy injury record or Terry's suspect hamstrings etc but I don't buy into this myth you seem bent on creating that he 'shunned' anybody, I quote from your link:

Quote:
However, in the interview , aired on BBC One on Saturday, 4 February, Ferdinand said he still wants to remain a part of the England team heading into Euro 2012.
"If I'm selected for the squad, then as usual I'll be delighted," he said.
"Playing for your country - being selected for your country - is a great achievement.
"I'll always feel privileged to be selected, so if that comes around again I'll happily meet up and give 100% as usual."

Still, be a shame to let the facts get in the way of a good rant I suppose.

"A truth’s initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed. It wasn’t the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn’t flat. When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic."

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."

blakeconroy (IP Logged)
11 June, 2012 14:21
Quote:
Longsiders1882
Not sure that article says he shunned it.
It does point to him saying he didn't want to be captain - and who could blame him after he was made captain then stripped of it so Terry could have it back - after he was surrounded by allegations of relationships with team mates partners, selling the captaincy etc. If anybody shunned anything it was Cappelo who shunned the player.

For what its worth I'm not sure I'd want our campaign riding on Ferdinand's recent patchy injury record or Terry's suspect hamstrings etc but I don't buy into this myth you seem bent on creating that he 'shunned' anybody, I quote from your link:

Quote:
However, in the interview , aired on BBC One on Saturday, 4 February, Ferdinand said he still wants to remain a part of the England team heading into Euro 2012.
"If I'm selected for the squad, then as usual I'll be delighted," he said.
"Playing for your country - being selected for your country - is a great achievement.
"I'll always feel privileged to be selected, so if that comes around again I'll happily meet up and give 100% as usual."

Still, be a shame to let the facts get in the way of a good rant I suppose.

nobody is having a rant so i am not sure where your getting that from ? watch the vid at the top of the page and he says he does not want to be england captain within the first two seconds of the interview ? your wrong so enjoy it !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2012 14:22 by blakeconroy.

11 June, 2012 14:27
To shun it he would have to be asked to be the captain - he wasn't.

Quote:
shun/SHən/
Verb:
Persistently avoid, ignore, or reject (someone or something)

I am well aware of what he said, I just interpret things with a balanced view, no agenda.

vinnicombe (IP Logged)
11 June, 2012 14:52
Didn't Ferguson say Ferdinand wouldn't be able to play 4 games in under 2 weeks?

11 June, 2012 15:23
I think he did, which is why I wouldn't want to be relying on him, especially as Terry's hamstring is suspect as well.

fulledgelad (IP Logged)
12 June, 2012 01:05
He's very upset because he had thoughts of being the first black player to gain 100 caps.

it seems very unlikely that he will now

Lest We Forget:
http://i25.tinypic.com/6rkd5g.jpg

soapylily (IP Logged)
12 June, 2012 01:27
Quote:
fulledgelad
He's very upset because he had thoughts of being the first black player to gain 100 caps.
it seems very unlikely that he will now

He needs to get a life, there is no way he would have overtaken Ashley Cole who is now on 93 caps. [www.englandfootballonline.com]

By the sound of it the back four did alright without him last night.

ClanClaret (IP Logged)
12 June, 2012 02:22
stop yee bleepin,, 30 odd . thANKS MON(Sm103)(Sm128)(Sm126)

bordeauxclaret (IP Logged)
12 June, 2012 19:49
I've read a lot of quotes from someone called 'Ferdinand Camp' these last couple of weeks. Who is he ? Why is he being quoted ? Can Rio not speak for himself ?

BC
Prediction League Champion 2006/7
Fantasy League Winner 2007/8

fred dibnah (IP Logged)
12 June, 2012 19:58
He dont speak..... he "tweets"

aggi (IP Logged)
13 June, 2012 00:52
It's the bloke who speaks when the press have decided what the story is going to be and need "evidence" for it.

http://imagegen.last.fm/longside3/recenttracks/mauwf79.gif

morty77 (IP Logged)
13 June, 2012 17:31
"Ferdinand camp"- How rather queer(Sm56)

Cheltenham Nap Champion 07/08
Cheltenham Nap Champion 09/10
Paddock Naps Champion 2013/14
WE DARED TO DREAM!
THEY SENT US KEAN!

Mauritius Claret (IP Logged)
14 June, 2012 15:09
Rio Ferdinand is no more the fiery defender .He is not even a regular in man United . In the past he committed many blunders and as a result he was rested .

Some players think that playing for England is guaranteed as if it is their rights .

i have to congratulate the English manager to have discarded him . It should be for ever .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net