Latest News:
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
England v Belgium
Posted by: LightcliffeClaret (IP Logged)
Date: 02 June, 2012 16:26

Anyone watching this tonight?

Aren't they reckoning this is the best Belgian side since the Scifo days?

Re: England v Belgium
Posted by: claretnbooze (IP Logged)
Date: 02 June, 2012 16:35

Just stuck it on. Some decent names in the Belgium team. Can't believe wellbeck is in the team

http://i4.tinypic.com/zwysqt.jpg

Posted by: colinwaldron (IP Logged)
Date: 02 June, 2012 16:48

I've backed Oxtail for the first goalscorer at 10/1

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Turfite/colsig.jpg

"Say no to the car scrappage scheme"
Ex Aintree Naps Champion
Ex Naps Champion
Ex Cheltenham Naps Champion

Date: 02 June, 2012 17:14

My God, they all sang the anthem!

eye popping smiley

Posted by: fred dibnah (IP Logged)
Date: 02 June, 2012 17:15

This Hazard character is meant to be a good'un. Ive never seen him play.

Posted by: Longsiders1882 (IP Logged)
Date: 02 June, 2012 17:49

We still have the same problem. The brazillians and Spanish can play this slow, slow then quick game but we don't seem to be able to step up the tempo if we are playing a slow game.

For good or ill we seem to need to play a high tempo game from start to finish.

"A truth’s initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed. It wasn’t the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn’t flat. When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic."

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."

Posted by: Longsiders1882 (IP Logged)
Date: 02 June, 2012 17:54

Or then again .....

"A truth’s initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed. It wasn’t the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn’t flat. When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic."

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."

Date: 02 June, 2012 17:54

Quote:
claretnbooze
Can't believe wellbeck is in the team
Just shows what I know eh.

Date: 02 June, 2012 21:20

Ashley Young central again, I like this.

Posted by: bordeauxclaret (IP Logged)
Date: 03 June, 2012 01:29

Another half-hour from the player who'll win us a World Cup, the player we can't do without, and once again, he made not a bit of difference. Yet still the pundits drool.

What on earth has Micah Richards done to upset Capello and Hodgson ? If he's a worse option at right-back than Jones and Johnson, the pair of them offering very little going forward and all over the place defensively, then he might as well hang his boots up and buy a pub.

BC
Prediction League Champion 2006/7
Fantasy League Winner 2007/8

Posted by: fred dibnah (IP Logged)
Date: 03 June, 2012 11:43

Not a very inspiring performance, but we won and kept a clean sheet. The one positive we take into the Euro's, is that we are defensively pretty solid, and hard to break down.
I can live with crappy performances if we win things.

I dont expect us to be anywhere near winning the tournament, but then again, i never expected Chelsea to get past the semih's in the Champions League.

Date: 03 June, 2012 12:56

Said same to mi dad. We have another six clean sheets and boring 1-0 wins I will be like a pig in @#$%&

Date: 03 June, 2012 13:30

The more I look at the squad the more I think.... meh !!!. But in the past we've gone into tournaments with a team of superstars and been abysmal, so does it matter ?

A mediocre group of players, well organised, will probably do just as well as the golden generation. They could hardly do much worse anyway.

BC

Date: 03 June, 2012 14:12

I agree, there's a few less of the spoilt, albeit very good brats about now.

We've seen a group of average players playing above themselves at the Turf 3 years ago, let's hope Woy can get this lot doing just that.

At least there won't be the Lampard-Gerrard issue.

Date: 03 June, 2012 15:33

Cahill is now out of the euros with a double fracture of the jaw.

Posted by: Mauritius Claret (IP Logged)
Date: 03 June, 2012 18:36

Honestly I felt disappointed on seeing England overall perforformance against Belgium . I EXPECTED THAT THE NEW INTERNATION eNGLISH RECRUITS would give a sterling performance . now that we hve a new coach ,it is expected that he would find players who would adopt the winning formula . unfortunately his task is becoming more difficult in view that he has a posse of injured players .

Nevertheless England is England . The available players will give the best of the,mselves against whatsover country they are playing /

Date: 03 June, 2012 23:21

Might be OK this Dave, a workmanlike squad, less prima donas.

Do it the Greece 2004 way.

This might sound ridiculous, but I can see Andy Carroll having a really good tournament here.

Date: 04 June, 2012 10:01

You never know LC, you might be right. We've been pretty p*ss poor in the last two games, but we won both of them. Let's see eh.

BC

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListLog In
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net