football
Latest News:

You've bid for Adam Clayton
Selby White (IP Logged)
16 May, 2012 21:41
You'd be lucky to get him. Apparently Leicester want him, too. First half of the season he was my Player Of the Season. Then we sold his midfield partner (our captain) to Norwich and he turned @#$%&. Apparently Warnock thinks he cant get a better sqaud for selling him. Thoughts.. .. ..

P.S We said no because he wanted just short of 15k P/W

Re: You've bid for Adam Clayton
vinnicombe (IP Logged)
16 May, 2012 21:50
Any more Leeds players you want to link us with?

fred dibnah (IP Logged)
16 May, 2012 22:19
Dont know much about him tbh, but i understand he's been one of your better players.
Well if Leicester are sniffing, and he's wanting big bucks, then i doubt we'd stand a chance.

Golazzo (IP Logged)
16 May, 2012 22:23
We don't want players that want lots of wonga, we want players that want to play football

http://i54.tinypic.com/2hge7uf.gif

Dave Thomas (IP Logged)
16 May, 2012 22:59
He won't be getting £15k a week at Burnley that's for sure...

Longsiders1882 (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 08:41
Don't know much about him to be honest but I'd echo most of the above, i.e., we've no room for wage mercenaries, no way will he be getting close to 15K with us and if Leicester are in the running then no way will we be financially competitive

"A truth’s initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed. It wasn’t the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn’t flat. When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic."

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."

bordeauxclaret (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 10:06
I wonder what the top wage they're prepared to offer will be now. Barry was talking £15k up as the max in the PL, presumably it's way below that now.

BC
Prediction League Champion 2006/7
Fantasy League Winner 2007/8

Selby White (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 16:34
He's a good player and a good lad and does want to play foorball. I think he just got too big for his boots.

Youtube his goals against West Ham and Leicester Away.

Selby White (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 17:16
Oh and by the way. It was Phil Hay from the Yorkshire Evening Post who has claimed this.

17 May, 2012 17:34
It's in the local rag over here now Selby, seems to be a genuine interest in him. I can't see him being interested in our wage structure though.

BC

Selby White (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 17:47
I like him and hope he stays. But if we can get a decent fee for him (which i dont think we will) and strengthen 2 or 3 positions so be it. But he is in his last contract and we only got just over a million for the likes of Kasper, Gradel and Howson and he aint as good as that. So you're probably looking around 500k. Which is a bargain

claretnbooze (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 17:55
Quote:
Selby White
I like him and hope he stays. But if we can get a decent fee for him (which i dont think we will) and strengthen 2 or 3 positions so be it. But he is in his last contract and we only got just over a million for the likes of Kasper, Gradel and Howson and he aint as good as that. So you're probably looking around 500k. Which is a bargain

Colin has come out and said he is looking at getting in a 3-400k midfielder and doesn't value him higher than that. Must admit surprised at that as thought he would be nearer the 7 figure mark.

http://i4.tinypic.com/zwysqt.jpg

17 May, 2012 21:03
We'll pay the asking price for him imo, it's the wages will be the sticking point. If there isn't another club out there prepared to offer him more I'll be amazed.

BC

18 May, 2012 07:39
according to alan nixon on twitter, we will be signing adam clayton and leeds getting the otherlad we have been linked too in joel ward. from the limited times i have seen clayton I would like him as a signing, certainly 300k seems like a bargain to me, he is still young, a position that we need to strengthen and played with trippier and mee at city

http://i14.tinypic.com/34isu3o.jpghttp://cdn1.applatform.com/img/?id=35349&h=514fc318f3fc51d82befe86b5cdfa509

18 May, 2012 09:33
We're not signing him next week are we ?

BC

LightcliffeClaret (IP Logged)
18 May, 2012 10:12
Would be very happy with this signing, can't see how we're going to pay them wages though.

confused smiley

18 May, 2012 10:42
As I said, don't know much about him but everybody who does seem to rate him highly. What type of player is he?

"A truth’s initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed. It wasn’t the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn’t flat. When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic."

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."

18 May, 2012 13:37
I'll hold my hand up as well, I know next to nothing about him.

BC

18 May, 2012 14:23
We have agreed a weekly wage of 15,000 with Adam Clayton, but I did not specify in what currency it would be paid in. He might get a bit of a shock when he gets his first pay slip of 15,000 Japanese Yen.

fred dibnah (IP Logged)
18 May, 2012 19:23
Looking on the Leeds MB, someone was saying Bolton had bid £600k for him, but we've then outbid them.

fred dibnah (IP Logged)
20 May, 2012 16:18
Between us and Bolton - now quoting £1.5M (Sm54)

(Last paragraph on the link : [www.mirror.co.uk] )

22 May, 2012 18:08
Coyle (Sm95)

morty77 (IP Logged)
23 May, 2012 16:17
How the @#$%& can Bolton be able too afford 1.5 million?
I think both Leeds and the press are making this up - just to raise the transfer fee!

Cheltenham Nap Champion 07/08
Cheltenham Nap Champion 09/10
Paddock Naps Champion 2013/14
WE DARED TO DREAM!
THEY SENT US KEAN!

Selby White (IP Logged)
23 May, 2012 21:58
Phil Hay and the YEP dont get on with LUFC. Actually, I think they could be banned from the ground. The source is Phil Hay.

fred dibnah (IP Logged)
11 June, 2012 18:22
Someone thinks we've got him : [www.thefootballnetwork.net]

11 June, 2012 18:37
Really hope so, looks a very useful player.

11 June, 2012 18:38
Don't know much about him if I'm honest but the City links might make it possible because I really thought we'd be a mile off on wages

05 July, 2012 22:24
Huddersfield deal close apparently sad smiley.

It appears we've turned our attentions to Stock instead.

Wages must be a stumbling block for us.

vinnicombe (IP Logged)
05 July, 2012 22:40
Speaking to a few Preston fans today about Stock, they thought he was a good player for them but had injury problems while there.
One said he remembered him running the game against us once but had to go off at half time. Can't remember it myself.

aggi (IP Logged)
05 July, 2012 22:51
Seems to be a lot on the Doncaster board who are saying Stock's pretty much a done deal. Obviously no idea who knows what on there though.

Lots of stories about him being injury prone but it seems he played most of the season after missing the first few months. (I think some players just get a reputation as injury prone, Austin played more games than Rodriguez last season but the majority would pick Austin as the injury prone one.)

Can't say I know a great deal about him though.

http://imagegen.last.fm/longside3/recenttracks/mauwf79.gif

fred dibnah (IP Logged)
05 July, 2012 23:02
Seem to remember Stock being decent on the ball, but quite lightweight.

ManHug (IP Logged)
06 July, 2012 09:50
Signed for Uddersfield

http://www.songpeople.co.uk/images/stories/george-berry.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_6e-pXyJijUs/S6fVhRO6G4I/AAAAAAAAAQw/14YgqoQB1T4/s320/800px-Boney_M_Bobby_Farrell_2006.jpg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net