football
Latest News:

Chelsea V Liverpool FA CUP
ClanClaret (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 12:55
wot the hell is tha FA up to playing this game so late in't tha bloody DAY. Am goin for a Liverpool WIN.(Sm126)(Sm63)

Re: Chelsea V Liverpool FA CUP
LightcliffeClaret (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 14:39
First I assumed it was 3pm, then I thought it must be 4 as it wasn't 3, then I see it's 5:15.

Bollocks to that, I'm not going to bother. Ridiculous time, other games surrounding it (Arsenal, full league programme), totally devalued.

I'd arranged to go to the slusher for drinks and something to eat early evening, and it doesn't have a TV, can't say I'm bothered.

ClanClaret (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 14:56
LCC, I haven't watched the fa cup for about 20ty- 25 years. no dow't i'll see tha goals on't news later.(Sm100)footee has lost its magic with me, once of a day most men would be Straped to there tv sets on FA cup day, but not today a lot go shoppin or wot ever.(Sm128)(Sm63)

ClanClaret (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 15:12
time of game ALL DOWN to TV,(Sm31)/-TV might run some of your Dudes life. BUT it won't RUN MY Life, LIKE HELL IT WON'T(Sm71)(Sm100)(Sm63)

05 May, 2012 16:16
How long before Phil Dowd wrecks it do we reckon?

fred dibnah (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 16:22
I wish they didnt have these bloody singers doing Abide with me, and GSTQ.
It used to make the hairs on my neck stand up when you saw/heard the whole crowd sing Abide with me.

ClanClaret (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 16:25
Phil Dowd, Phil Dowd, is he a actor on EastEnders or CORRIE(Sm100)(Sm126)(Sm63)

05 May, 2012 16:29
Scousers booing the National Anthem?

Classy.

fred dibnah (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 16:36
I wondered who it was.
Why would they do that ?

ClanClaret (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 16:56
LIVEpool ONE DOWN (Sm100)

ClanClaret (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 17:00
no wonder mi mum, could not waite to get out of liverpool 1930's mind you it was a better City then or wos it(Sm100)

ClanClaret (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 17:37
have been on't dog and born to tha one i love, her in't doors wots tha score. come -on LCC AND OVVERS(Sm100)(Sm63)

ClanClaret (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 17:57
WELL WELL WHO WUN THEN(Sm103)(Sm126)well Slow on't here(Sm126)(Sm63)

05 May, 2012 21:25
Minutes silence at Anfield on Tuesday night for the goal that never was.

bordeauxclaret (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 21:31
Kenny, stood on the halfway line had it 3 feet over. Or was he just bragging.

BC
Prediction League Champion 2006/7
Fantasy League Winner 2007/8

05 May, 2012 21:35
Quote:
fred dibnah
I wondered who it was.
Why would they do that ?

You ever seen an English flag at away games with 'Liverpool' written across it? I haven't.

Don't think they see themselves as English, more 'Scouse'.

I once heard that Scousers are just Paddies that could swim. Don't know how true that is but they don't seem to have any allegiance toward the Crown.

fred dibnah (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 21:51
Quote:
Lcc
I once heard that Scousers are just Paddies that could swim

(Sm6)

ClanClaret (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 21:53
LCC, YEAH WRONG. NOT ALL PADDIES OR WELeSH -SCOTTS. BUT PEOPLE THAT have Bin Pi$$ed Down There Backs all MY Life 60ty Odd Years.ALSO BURNLEY TOWN.(Sm100)(Sm126)(Sm63)to put it, NUTS, GOVERNMENTS THE LAST 60 YEARS HAVE SOLD US NAFF'T UP, GIVE AWAY AND SOLD OUT. PROUD TO BE BRITISH, FK OFF/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2012 22:03 by ClanClaret.

05 May, 2012 22:23
Quote:
fred dibnah
Quote:
Lcc
I once heard that Scousers are just Paddies that could swim

(Sm6)

smiling smiley

fred dibnah (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 22:26
eastlancsred on cm:

Quote:
Posted 05 May 2012 21:50 re: National anthem at wembley
Just to say the national anthem was jeered today mainly because of the way this country screwed over Liverpool and invested millions in london and even manchester , just take the building of the manchester ship canal for one. This country cares not for Merseyside hence we are scouce not english. And not once has a royal attended a Hilsborough memorial service.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2012 22:27 by fred dibnah.

05 May, 2012 22:41
Warrra cuuuuunt.

fred dibnah (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 22:47
You would think a scouser going on to another teams forum would try and redress the stereotypical views wouldnt you, not just reinforce it.
What a dick.

Brian O'Neil (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 22:53
Funnily enough it is the ship canal and the railway, funded by Manchester businessmen, that turned sleepy little Liverpool into a great port and city.Say thank you to Manchester.....................

ClanClaret (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 23:23
YEAH, ERM EWM IVE I MISS SOM UK OR BLIND, LIVEPOOL ADD Port TA SEA, ManCESTER BUIT ONE A PORT IN LAND, BOTH FEKED TA TADAY. LIVEPOOL AND LEEDS CANAL NEEDS SOME GOVT HELP--/-(Sm100)(Sm63)BY THA WAY, THA BUGGEST IN' T INGURLAND. LEEDS AND LIVERPOLL. BIGGEST LONGEST CANAL UK/-YES UK. 276 MILES(Sm103)(Sm63)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2012 23:29 by ClanClaret.

ClanClaret (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 23:43
liverpool had a trade long BEforE MANCESTER ship Cannals SLAVE TA RADE, MANCESTER MADE IS NAME ON A CENT-OR OF CHEAP AM, MIC TRADE. SOUTH STATES. NOW WE CALL IT USA. COTTON (Sm100)(Sm63)

ClanClaret (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 00:04
tha Mill TOWNS like TOWNS FOLK MADE THIS COUNTRY GREAT burnley nelson colne oldem rack kdale accy blackburn bury.
we sent out best boys out to fight one war and last war. and we'er are still sending em out to fight. has a ScotT said, FOOTBALL IS A WAY OF LIFE./- /- BUT WHY WAR TO ME (Sm128)

Brian O'Neil (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 00:44
Ship canal...Leeds Liverpool canal.....railway... made Liverpool, Liverpool did not make Manchester Leeds and all the other product manufacturing areas...tail does not wag dog and Liverpool need to relearn their position in history which will allow them to fit in a little more easily.Dock strikes and the like in the past overinflated the relativity of who they are in the food chain.For a port city they are a very inward looking society.

06 May, 2012 06:30
Should have known they'd throw Hillsborough in there somewhere for their justification of booing the National Anthem.

Minutes silence for the goal that never was next time out eh?

06 May, 2012 06:39
http://i46.tinypic.com/24kwf93.jpg

06 May, 2012 09:10
That bloody Ship Canal, you can imagine them in Victorian Manchester, "What can we do to feck them scousers off ? I know, let's build a bloody big canal and call it the MANCHESTER Ship Canal. That'll p*ss 'em off"

The whole world has it in for Liverpool, it's just not fair.

Jesus wept.

BC

Zoot Sax (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 10:33
I never see any posts about Heysel from the worlds most hard done to fans.

Why is that?

06 May, 2012 11:27
It wasn't their fault.

fred dibnah (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 12:03
Apparently some of their fans claim it was a protest to the FA for the timing of the final etc.
Strange way to protest the FA by dishonouring the National Anthem.
Noticed the players singing it too - Not many English players admittedly, but the English Chelsea players were, but only Henderson from Liverpool did.

Jabberwocky (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 13:43
They make it up as they go along.

06 May, 2012 17:32
I remember a few years ago in Paris the Marseilles fans (mostly Morrocan and Algerian immigrants) were booing and whistling throughout "La Marseillaise". Sarkozy told the French FA that if it happened again he had the authority to call the match off and he would, Cup Final or not. He wasn't joking either. Been no problem since as far as I'm aware.

BC

06 May, 2012 17:53
Brilliant.

06 May, 2012 22:27
I bet a memeber of the royal family has never attended a memorial service for the Valley Parade Disaster, but I have never heard a Bradford City fan boo the national anthem.

Brian O'Neil (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 00:07
You are relying on this one post by a Liverpool fan from what I can gather to make your comments which leaves you a little off the mark....the boos were directed towards the FA not the national anthem...sorry bc and others if this does not fit the rhythm of this thread.It is a sad fact that the stereotypical scouser, now as in the past, hold sway over the majority and it would be a brave one to speak out or against.....that is the nature of scouse society.For every one that would get right up your nose I could show you ten that wouldn't.

fred dibnah (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 09:24
Brian, i refer you to my posts at 22.47, and 12.03.

Brian O'Neil (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 10:06
Noted...I was just adding to it fred....I used to do the paddy jokes in Liverpool but it got a bit dangerous to life and limb.

07 May, 2012 11:03
Quote:
Brian O'Neil
You are relying on this one post by a Liverpool fan from what I can gather to make your comments which leaves you a little off the mark....

Ah Brian, just the one post from a scouser, if only it was. On the game itself, there was Kenny on the half-way line indicating the ball was three foot over the line. There were several of them even after the game, despite the fact there wasn't a shred of evidence to indicate it was a goal, all claiming it really was over the line. OK that's par for the course for most involved in football but if they want to embellish their reputation as serial whingers I'm more than happy to oblige them.

Incidentally I only know two scousers well, both of them good friends and good people. But on a football msgboard scousers ask for all they get.

BC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2012 12:06 by bordeauxclaret.

Brian O'Neil (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 11:22
My sister in law(as scouse as you can get) thought it wasn't a goal but she was "outvoted"(Sm6)

07 May, 2012 12:15
Going back a while Brian I used to be quite friendly with one of the Colne Dynamo's coaches, when they were going up through the leagues under Graham White. Towards the end of every season White sent a few of them out on scouting missions for the following season. They knew what they were looking for and one of the plus points for a player was if he was a scouser. White's general opinion of them was on the lines of "Awkward, argumentative, nasty little so and so's, just the sort of players I want in my team".

BC

Brian O'Neil (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 23:52
Mr White was right bc....if they are again yer lookout.

ClanClaret (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 00:05
LOOKOUT HMS. SAIL ON IT(Sm60)(Sm100)(Sm63)EM THERE WAS THA DAYS(Sm128)(Sm126)(Sm63)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net