Latest News:
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
New Chairman?
Posted by: soapylily (IP Logged)
Date: 02 May, 2012 12:16

OK then, who'll it be, when's the board meet and (now the season is over) when will BK (God bless him) step down?

Re: New Chairman?
Posted by: bordeauxclaret (IP Logged)
Date: 02 May, 2012 12:19

I can't imagine it'll be anyone but Brendan Flood, but then I couldn't imagine the next England manager being anyone but Harry Redknapp.

BC
Prediction League Champion 2006/7
Fantasy League Winner 2007/8

Posted by: Longsiders1882 (IP Logged)
Date: 02 May, 2012 12:38

Flood or John B would be my guess

"A truth’s initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed. It wasn’t the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn’t flat. When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic."

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."

Posted by: LightcliffeClaret (IP Logged)
Date: 02 May, 2012 12:54

John B hopefully, I don't know what it is about Flood but I just have a bad feeling for some reason.

confused smiley

Posted by: padiham_thickneck (IP Logged)
Date: 02 May, 2012 13:17

One option most people have not thought about is a scenario where the Chairman is just a figure head (Clive Holt for example due to his long standing term on the board) and a more active role for Mr Hoos as a hand-on CHief Executive. Problem with John B is most of his time is spent out of the country and Brendan is busy with a court case I believe.
Persoanlly the Chief Exec/Holt scenario is the one I favour.

Posted by: Dave Thomas (IP Logged)
Date: 02 May, 2012 13:24

Think the official step-down is the night of the chairman's dinner... but not altogether sure... so if correct... the big announcement and handing over of the keys to the ground (whoops silly me we don't own it) ... drinks cabinet might be that night

it reminds me of the night i stepped down as head of the little school i was at... there was a bit of a 'do' and I finished things off by handing over some big iron keys I'd found... with labels on... one by one I handed them over with a grand flourish to various people i didn't like... this one one is for the office... this one is for the stock cupboard... this one is for the minibus... this one is the drinks cupboard... this one is for the toilet (gave that to the deputy)

Then I said this one is for locking you all in... and I buggared off and haven't been back since...

Posted by: blakeconroy (IP Logged)
Date: 02 May, 2012 14:14

not sure it matters in the way we don't have one man with a shed load of cash so he will run the ship. so i would say flood but they all chip in with the goings on of the club.

i do hope this might inject some energy into what goes on at the club it's getting very dull and predictable at the moment.
then again without real money being spent it's hard to see where the club is going. the new spending rules will be a factor for sure.

Date: 02 May, 2012 21:08

Wage bill has been £12.5m this season... and it HAS to come down... happy days ahead

Date: 02 May, 2012 22:07

They could make a few bob selling tickets for a VIP lunch on 16th May (Sm100)

Posted by: That's Mr Kilby To You (IP Logged)
Date: 02 May, 2012 22:32

The Queen and Prince Philip for the Chairman's seat at Turf Moor. You heard it here first.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2012 22:40 by That's Mr Kilby To You.

Posted by: fulledgelad (IP Logged)
Date: 03 May, 2012 06:37

Heard rumours that the new chairman will NOT be a director that is already on board.

Lest We Forget:
http://i25.tinypic.com/6rkd5g.jpg

Posted by: bordeauxclaret (IP Logged)
Date: 03 May, 2012 09:18

Is he rich FL, very rich even ?

BC
Prediction League Champion 2006/7
Fantasy League Winner 2007/8

Posted by: LightcliffeClaret (IP Logged)
Date: 03 May, 2012 21:13

Quote:
Dave Thomas
Wage bill has been £12.5m this season... and it HAS to come down... happy days ahead

Who on earth is on such big brass to bump our wage bill up this high? We struggle to even fill a bench at times!

Posted by: Jabberwocky (IP Logged)
Date: 03 May, 2012 21:18

I dread to think what Marney and Grant are on.

Date: 03 May, 2012 22:00

Grant... Marney... Jensen will be on the Laws payscale

Amougou will have been on a fair chunk... so thats a big reduction after June

Stanislas and Hines had to be tempted to head north

Treacy had to be tempted

Trippier and Mee ???

Posted by: BBC 2 (IP Logged)
Date: 03 May, 2012 22:06

Just think £10000.00 a week, works out at over half a million a year for just one player.

We dont have 24 players on ten grand a week, but what i have been told Burnley do is pay a signing on fee over the course of the term of wage.

And since Fergies spat a few years ago the manager gets as much of not more than the majority of the players,

Date: 04 May, 2012 02:52

I have no problem with the manager earning more than the players. I do believe his and the player's basic pay should be much lower and that bonuses should be related specifically to performance across the squad. Soccer is one of those areas of employment where it is easy to analyse effectiveness of individuals and results. When a player is approached if he has self-confidence in his abilities that shouldn't put him off signing.

Posted by: ManHug (IP Logged)
Date: 04 May, 2012 11:42

J-Rod will have signed a good deal last Summer

Austin chose us over Ipswich!

Wallace and Treacy will have been on good wedges at PNE and had remaining years when we purchased.

http://www.songpeople.co.uk/images/stories/george-berry.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_6e-pXyJijUs/S6fVhRO6G4I/AAAAAAAAAQw/14YgqoQB1T4/s320/800px-Boney_M_Bobby_Farrell_2006.jpg

Posted by: vinnicombe (IP Logged)
Date: 04 May, 2012 13:05

Both Howe and Tindall are rumoured to be on huge wages.

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListLog In
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net