football
Latest News:

Claretony shot in the foot
Golazzo (IP Logged)
01 May, 2012 07:00
All to do with a article that he wrote that had no truth in it apparently. See how long the thread stays put

Posted 01 May 2012 02:32
ClaretTony - Ill-informed critical article
The linked article is riddled with errors. The situations at Portsmouth and Southampton are world's apart!

"There's been a big change at St. Mary's in the last three years. Their last home game of the 2008/09 season against Burnley had them out with collecting buckets as they desperately tried to raise money to keep going having gone into administration.

With creditors losing out they got themselves some investment and that's led to successive promotions in 2011 and 2012 and a return to the Premier League that they left in 2005. It's so wrong, but clubs continue to get away with this and the sooner the punishment for administration is more realistic than the deduction of a few points then the sooner clubs will be prevented from rebuilding like this when people have lost out on money owed to them."

Southampton Football Club

- Southampton Football club has never legally been in administration.
- Swiss billionaire Markus Liebherr settled all the debts of the parent company and there was no need for a CVA.
- Liebherr was then free to spend his money as he wished and his investment has been turned into an equity investment and the club is debt free.

In contrast Portsmouth Football Club...

- Have legally been in administration 3 times. 1998, 2010 and 2012.
- Both Portsmouth's parent company and Portsmouth football club are currently legally in administration.
- Portsmouth have run up over £150 million worth of debt, their creditors include charities, schools, local businesses etc etc
- Portsmouth's 2010 CVA has collapsed and no creditors have received any money of the 20p in the £ they agreed to.
- The 2010 CVA will be further diluted by a new 2012 CVA, screwing the creditors even more as their 20p in the £ will shrink significantly.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2hge7uf.gif

Re: Claretony shot in the foot
Golazzo (IP Logged)
01 May, 2012 07:01

soapylily (IP Logged)
01 May, 2012 07:15
Just imagine if we had had Cork and Fox this season and perhaps even Chaplow.....

bordeauxclaret (IP Logged)
01 May, 2012 08:55
Be interesting to see if he's big enough to hold his hand up and admit he was wrong. Not something he's made a habit of over the years. (The holding hand up that is, not the being wrong, he's often wrong).

BC
Prediction League Champion 2006/7
Fantasy League Winner 2007/8

01 May, 2012 14:24
He has apologised for what he got wrong, so I apologise for insinuating he wouldn't apologise. Thread closed now.

BC

Alfie (IP Logged)
01 May, 2012 16:50
"i may have got some things wrong for which i apologise"... not" i have got some things wrong for which i apologise"... (Sm115)

http://i58.tinypic.com/2uempz6.gif

01 May, 2012 21:17
Be thankful for small mercies Alfie, that's more than you usually get.

BC

blakeconroy (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 13:16
he's a good lad that claret tony !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net