football
Latest News:

30years ago 2 APRIL The start of the Falklands
ClanClaret (IP Logged)
01 April, 2012 21:49
looking back A lot OF WATER Has Gone Under The Bridge One Way or Another R.I.P.

Re: 30years ago 2 APRIL The start of the Falklands
fulledgelad (IP Logged)
01 April, 2012 23:58
FFS...is it really 30 Years ago?

I Remember being put on stand by to go...

'Fecking argy tw@ts..they'll know about it when i get there'

..due to the enemy being a waste of space,my combat skills were not needed

Lest We Forget:
http://i25.tinypic.com/6rkd5g.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2012 00:03 by fulledgelad.

soapylily (IP Logged)
02 April, 2012 00:25
Quote:
fulledgelad
..due to the enemy being a waste of space,my combat skills were not needed
I know exactly how you feel. Three of the crews from our squadron manned the Mars trawlers that went down as deep sea minesweepers. It was just pot luck as to who was in Rosyth at the time - we were stuck in the Irish Sea - very frustrating. My best man was on board GLAMORGAN when she was needlessly hit by the shore based exocet. When we went down there in 85 we saw the first Argentinian warship to come out after the war and they still wouldn't open fire....

With proud thanksgiving, a mother for her children,
Britain mourns for her dead across the sea.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

LightcliffeClaret (IP Logged)
02 April, 2012 19:12
Anyone watch that programme recently claiming that we were very close to actually losing that war?

02 April, 2012 22:28
Seeing as now all the South American countries are united in their disapproval of Britian retaining the Falklands Islands, why is the same attiude not shown towards France and their continued pressence in French Guiana?

soapylily (IP Logged)
03 April, 2012 08:58
Quote:
That's Mr Kilby To You
Seeing as now all the South American countries are united in their disapproval of Britian retaining the Falklands Islands, why is the same attiude not shown towards France and their continued pressence in French Guiana?
Or Spain and uits islands off the Moroccan coast or France and Tahiti/New Caledonia. Its because they are surrender monkeys Mr Kilby and no one gives a stuff about them.
LC, the Falklands was only won because the Argies didn't know how to fuse their bombs dropped from low level

03 April, 2012 17:25
Quote:
That's Mr Kilby To You

Or how can the Spanish get so arsey about Gibraltar when they have two exclaves in Morocco?

Quote:
soapylily
LC, the Falklands was only won because the Argies didn't know how to fuse their bombs dropped from low level

Yeah soapy, this is one of the main factors that this programme was concentrating on.

03 April, 2012 23:14
Plus one of our so called allies, the French, were selling Exocet Missiles to Argentina that were then used to bomb the Task Force at San Carlos Bay.

04 April, 2012 20:40
Shame we didn't then declare war on them @#$%&.

bordeauxclaret (IP Logged)
05 April, 2012 13:59
Quote:
That's Mr Kilby To You
Plus one of our so called allies, the French, were selling Exocet Missiles to Argentina that were then used to bomb the Task Force at San Carlos Bay.

There was a programme on a few days ago about the Vulcan bombing raid on the Port Stanley airfield. The Vulcan crew were less than pleased when they were told the airfield was defended by an anti-aircraft missile/radar system they'd acquired off us. No idea if that's true or not, it sounded like they hadn't got much idea how to use it though. I'd always thought they were using American systems but I suppose they could have bought it off us.

BC
Prediction League Champion 2006/7
Fantasy League Winner 2007/8

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2012 14:00 by bordeauxclaret.

ClanClaret (IP Logged)
06 April, 2012 16:03
BC yeah, i watched it very BritISH, and if it was to have gone on for another week or less the Soldiers would have run out of ammo and food.(Sm100)(Sm63)

ClanClaret (IP Logged)
06 April, 2012 18:36
in less than 30 years A soldier could be TAKEN OUT with His DNA,Not a head shot(Sm100)(Sm63)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net