Latest News:
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Real Madrid to build theme park in Dubai
Posted by: Golazzo (IP Logged)
Date: 22 March, 2012 19:34

A friend of mine who has bought a property in Ras Al Khameih on the Marjan island has just received news that Real Madrid are to build a $1 billion dollar theme park and leisure complex

Think his property has just gone up in price, can't wait to have some free holidays there

http://i54.tinypic.com/2hge7uf.gif

Re: Real Madrid to build theme park in Dubai
Posted by: Longsiders1882 (IP Logged)
Date: 22 March, 2012 20:31

Not bad for a club around 600 million in debt

"A truth’s initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed. It wasn’t the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn’t flat. When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic."

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."

Date: 22 March, 2012 21:25

Quote:
Longsiders1882
Not bad for a club around 600 million in debt

Just how do they do it, it's in quite a few of the national papers regarding this

Date: 22 March, 2012 21:26

Posted by: fulledgelad (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2012 11:00

What i can't get my head round is why the owners of a roman catholic football club wish to build a theme park in a predominantly islamic state?

A state which i have no desire to visit

Lest We Forget:
http://i25.tinypic.com/6rkd5g.jpg

Date: 23 March, 2012 11:58

Money FL, nothing more complicated than that.

"A truth’s initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed. It wasn’t the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn’t flat. When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic."

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."

Posted by: dandeclaret (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2012 14:51

They're building a theme park, not a chruch.

Posted by: claretnbooze (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2012 16:06

All very nice but what's this about a 10000 seat stadium open with one side open t sea? Who the feck is gonna go and get the ball for a throw in?

http://i4.tinypic.com/zwysqt.jpg

Date: 23 March, 2012 16:31

Aye Dande, and all the while the German clubs are quietly fuming about how they (Germany) have effectively bailed out the Spain whilst their clubs carry amazing debt levels to the banks. All the while German clubs are so heavily regulated in terms of spending etc.

Honestly sounds like a complete white elephant to me but one assumes they feel the customer interest is there

Posted by: PlymouthClaret (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2012 17:01

This has to be backed by investment from elsewhere.

- Real Madrid can't afford to do this and it does sound more like a sponsorship deal
- Ras Al-Khaimah is one of the poorer emirates in the UAE with little revenue from natural resources

Finally, to be pedantic, Ras Al-Khaimah has nothing to do with the emirate of Dubai who rely on handouts from their bigger brother, the emirate of Abu Dhabi.

In fact Ras Al-Khaimah is separated from Dubai by 3 other emirates, so when your mate is giving it the big I am with the "I live in Dubai" line, he's talking nonsense, they don't even share the same car plates. However, parts of RAK are quite picturesque so it's not a bad place to live.

Truth is, I thought it mattered. I thought that music mattered. But does it bollocks. Not compared to how people matter.

Posted by: fulledgelad (IP Logged)
Date: 24 March, 2012 06:42

Quote:
Money FL, nothing more complicated than that.

That goes without saying...why not elswhere,like in a predominantly Christian Land ffs?

Lest We Forget:
http://i25.tinypic.com/6rkd5g.jpg

Date: 24 March, 2012 06:54

Quote:
PlymouthClaret
This has to be backed by investment from elsewhere.
- Real Madrid can't afford to do this and it does sound more like a sponsorship deal
- Ras Al-Khaimah is one of the poorer emirates in the UAE with little revenue from natural resources

Finally, to be pedantic, Ras Al-Khaimah has nothing to do with the emirate of Dubai who rely on handouts from their bigger brother, the emirate of Abu Dhabi.

In fact Ras Al-Khaimah is separated from Dubai by 3 other emirates, so when your mate is giving it the big I am with the "I live in Dubai" line, he's talking nonsense, they don't even share the same car plates. However, parts of RAK are quite picturesque so it's not a bad place to live.

Strange, at what point did I mention that he was giving it the big I am, not a bad place for second home is it. Feel free to carry on talking nonsense though

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListLog In
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net