football
Latest News:

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Glasgow Rangers
fred dibnah (IP Logged)
13 February, 2012 17:47
Looks like they're filing for administration as well.

Re: Glasgow Rangers
dandeclaret (IP Logged)
13 February, 2012 17:59
They look feffed.

Alfie (IP Logged)
13 February, 2012 18:06
only one thing to say they shouldnt have cheated..

bordeauxclaret (IP Logged)
16 February, 2012 21:11
Just found out that the football creditor's rule doesn't apply in Scotland, so any football clubs or players owed money by Rangers will just have to get in line and whistle for it, like everyone else.

And that's how it should be.

BC
Prediction League Champion 2006/7
Fantasy League Winner 2007/8

Casper (IP Logged)
16 February, 2012 22:02
Have they paid in full for Lafferty?

Oh no poor Lafferty!!!!

aggi (IP Logged)
16 February, 2012 22:48
In some ways though the football creditors rule does make sense.

Imagine if Pompey had bought a player off us for £3m and still owed us the cash. Not only would pompey have an advantage over us because they were playing players who they couldn't afford, we'd also have been affected by the loss of the £3m. A doubly uneven playing field for us.

HMRC (and hence the public purse) missing out and only ending up with 10p in the pound or whatever is due to the new bankruptcy rulings that were brought in not so long ago that stopped HMRC being a preferred creditor with the intention of being able to keep more businesses going after entering administration.

http://imagegen.last.fm/longside3/recenttracks/mauwf79.gif

16 February, 2012 22:55
It makes sense if you're involved in football aggi, but is there any justification for it in the context of the real world ? Supposing, as in your example, they owed us £3m and they also owed a local building company £3m for some reconstrucion work they'd done on the ground.

Why should we get the full £3m while the building company has to settle for possibly 1p in the £ and has to put half their work force on the dole, or possibly go into admin themselves ?

BC

Longsiders1882 (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 01:00
Simple really, if it didn't exist you'd be careful who you entered into credit agreements with over players - also wouldn't the players ownership effectively revert to the original club?

Hard to be sure but the rule needs removing and clubs need to start paying for transfers in full up front. Also its removal might make players think twice when negotiating wages and indeed whether they in fact want to move!

"A truth’s initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed. It wasn’t the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn’t flat. When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic."

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."

ozchippie (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 11:07
Ha Ha, just read on the beeb that Mandaric is interested in buying the orange ones.
It just gets better!

aggi (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 13:53
You could argue that the other companies should be doing their due diligence, obtaining more favourable terms, etc as well at the moment.

Personally, I'm not overly fussed about the football creditors rule, I don't think that its existence or otherwise really influences whether clubs overspend and go into administration.

What we really need is far stricter penalties for administration, relegation by one tier in addition to league placing for instance, disqualified from the cup, that kind of thing. That's what we need to get clubs sorting themselves out. 10 points is minimal over the course of a 138 point season.

http://imagegen.last.fm/longside3/recenttracks/mauwf79.gif

17 February, 2012 14:30
I think the issue Aggi is that because it exists then these 'creditors' also vote on the CVA - as they get 100% they are not going to vote against. This can mean that ordinary creditors views don't get reflected fairly.

I'm not saying it makes them over spend but it does make players sign contracts without worrying whether they can be afforded and indeed clubs do transfer deals without concerning themselves with how it will ultimately be paid for.

As for other creditors doing due diligence - my only gripe with this is many are small businesses possibly without the resource, knowledge to effectively do this, the other real loser is the public who don't have a choice. Perhaps what we need is new tax payment rules for clubs - i.e you have to pay over your VAT and PAYE etc every month - miss one month and you are no longer allowed to trade until the missed payment is made because HMRC don't have the luxury of due diligence.

"A truth’s initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed. It wasn’t the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn’t flat. When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic."

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."

Parma Jack (IP Logged)
07 March, 2012 12:41
Feel for Rangers' supporters - and those of the other clubs in trouble. All the best to them...

[www.guardian.co.uk]

[www.thisiswhatweare.com]

ClanClaret (IP Logged)
07 March, 2012 12:59
aye, not a nice place to be with your club going face-up.
but, i feel there's more to come in the next few years.
i feel sorry for the supporters of these football clubs, chin-up(Sm128)(Sm63)

soapylily (IP Logged)
07 March, 2012 17:38
I feel sorry they haven't let a centre half go...

fred dibnah (IP Logged)
07 March, 2012 21:03
Theyve not come to an agreement over those proposed pay cuts.

Anyway, fk em. Hope they have start again in the highland league or summat.

ClanClaret (IP Logged)
07 March, 2012 21:18
don't look to good for em tonight, according to bbc sports index(Sm63)

soapylily (IP Logged)
08 March, 2012 20:41
I suppose all the Gers fans will start to support Celtic, being in the same city and all...(Sm71)

ClanClaret (IP Logged)
08 March, 2012 20:47
SOAPY(Sm100) LIKE A CAT OUT OF HELL(Sm63)THIS IS GOING, GO POLITICAL(Sm100)(Sm63)

ClanClaret (IP Logged)
08 March, 2012 22:10
THA UNION OF THE UK IS AT STAKE HERE.(Sm100)(Sm63)

08 March, 2012 23:09
Quote:
fred dibnah

Anyway, fk em. Hope they have start again in the highland league or summat.

You can fk em for me as well Fred. Totally agree, let em start again in whatever the Scottish equivalent of the Evostik League is.

BC

ClanClaret (IP Logged)
08 March, 2012 23:37
SOME GROUND STAFE NONE GROUND SPACE,ABOUT ON HERE.(Sm63)

ClanClaret (IP Logged)
08 March, 2012 23:44
WI OVER SIDE OF ARM, OUT OF.F456d nee foot ball in Scotland

fred dibnah (IP Logged)
05 April, 2012 17:51
£134m in debt, and getting deeper.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

HMRC by far the biggest creditor.
Could this be the one ? Fingers crossed!

LightcliffeClaret (IP Logged)
06 April, 2012 09:04
I do agree that a club needs to be made an example of, and the bigger the better, but if Rangers are the ones that are made an example of after what's gone on at Portsmouth in recent years then that stinks for me.

fred dibnah (IP Logged)
24 April, 2012 17:56
More fines for them, anda transfer embargo for 12 months.
Who's going to want to buy into this sinking ship ?
Cant be long before they're put out of their misery now.

fred dibnah (IP Logged)
24 April, 2012 18:08
Looks like Laugherty's maybe played his last game for them as well.

[www.thescottishsun.co.uk]

fulledgelad (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 00:57
I might be wrong,but one or 2 posts have a smell of religious denomination

Lest We Forget:
http://i25.tinypic.com/6rkd5g.jpg

25 April, 2012 08:22
I cant honestly say I've seen that Fullege, some schadenfreude maybe but not any sectarianism

ozchippie (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 12:08
As a Celtic follower I really feel sorry for the fans of Glasgow Rangers.
I have many friends who are diehard Rangers fans and this action by the SFA will hurt them even though they have done nothing wrong.
The only person who should be punished is Craig White, who is already laughing at the SFA and their plastic fine.
Fulledge, if my earlier post is one of the ones you are talking about I can assure you it was meant as a comment on the farcical situation as it stood, with no sectarianism attached.
LS1882 I take no pleasure at all from Rangers dire situation

25 April, 2012 12:16
Makes no odds to me either way Oz, I'm not Scottish and what happens up there only bothers me if it impacts on Burnley (if for example they owed us money)

That said I don't see much of a future for Scottish League Football without the Rangers/Celtic axis. No TV company is going to be vaguely interested for a start so revenues will drop again.

Celtic and Scottish football need a strong Rangers - and vice versa.

Maybe Rangers will seriously consider taking this opportunity to join the English leagues - now that would cause the SFA some headaces

ozchippie (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 12:44
I doubt they owe Burnley anything unless there's some obscure part of Lafferty,s deal nobody told us about!
Joining English league would be an interesting twist, got to be better than Scot div 3

25 April, 2012 14:21
I would not be surprised if some Ranger’s shareholders end up suing the SFA, as Craig White was meant to have passed a stringent fit and proper persons test when he purchased the Club.

ClanClaret (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 16:34
I Can't See Rangers goin face -UP, by the way what side of tha fence is MR SALmON Fella on,(Sm100)(Sm126)(Sm63)

ClanClaret (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 17:53
this is not good FaR CELTIC, IN't long Run and SCOTLAND OR UK, North IRLAND or South. WHAT A FKIN MIX OF PEOPLE(Sm100)(Sm126)(Sm63)

fred dibnah (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 20:23
I believe some Yank is interested in buying them, then liquidating them, starting a new company afresh in the Stots third division.

And as LS1882 had mentioned about the TV - it would spell real trouble for Celtic as well. I think SKY have already said they'll be pulling the plug on the SPL if Rangers disappear.

ClanClaret (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 22:53
ITS NOT GOOD FOR SCOTLAND OR UK , AND OTHER BOADERS CLUBS- Scotland /-ENGLAND. YET THA LAST PM and before aND BEFORE AND BEFORE OF UK {HAVE ET US DOWN{ UK. a'GOT A SCOTTISH NANE CAMERON OF CAMPBELL(Sm31) TRuST None NA(Sm63).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 25/04/2012 23:04 by ClanClaret.

25 April, 2012 23:18
The two previous PMs before David Cameron were both Scottish. We could do with so more Scottish thrift at No. 10 Downing Street, to help sort out this current economic mess that we are in.

ClanClaret (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 23:44
KILBY, DO ta Name NOSS- MAN NORTH OF VIKING.NOS MAN HAPPPY YOUgrinning smiley SEA WORRITOR.. NENEN IF OF.(Sm128) YA CAN LOOK IT UP.(Sm128)(Sm63)

ClanClaret (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 23:55
HIS NAME ATN T IS SCOTTISH Galic WAY WAY BACK. IN 'T GALIC IS WTISTRD NOSE cANERON. /-CAMPBELL WHIITED MOUTH, SAME AGAIN. NOT TO BE TRUSTED, FACT HISTORTY.(Sm31)

peepodaylane (IP Logged)
29 April, 2012 00:32
I sincerely hope they do go under,a team famous for tribalism, hatred, bigotry, I would also like to see celtic in similar financial mess.Two horrendous sets of thug, and thick supporters vying for the same trophies year in, year out.the worst aspects of football fandom and social division all wrapped up in tricolours and union jacks. They stink.

ClanClaret (IP Logged)
29 April, 2012 00:56
PEEP, WE ARE AT WAR(Sm71)(Sm63)

ClanClaret (IP Logged)
29 April, 2012 01:43
RANGERS Goin Bust is not good for Scottish Football OR SCOTLAND OR BRITTAIN/-UK. WI the Bank SCOTLAND/- RBS AND tha over foottee club gong FACE -UP, its NOT GOOD FOR SCOTLAND OR YOU INGURLISH FULL STOP.(Sm128) LETS FACE THA FUTURE TOGETHER HAS ONE(Sm128)(Sm63)

ClanClaret (IP Logged)
29 April, 2012 03:01
UNION UK, WE 'ER BIGGER, BETTER AND SAFER HAS ONE. MORE SO TODAY TO FACE, WOT EVER FUTUER TO GE-THER.(Sm128)(Sm63)

Zoot Sax (IP Logged)
29 April, 2012 18:10
THey keep mentioning on TV, that if Rangers get liquidated the "phoenix" club would have 10 points deducted in the Premier League so not sure if they're saying Rangers will still be in the top division whatever happens?

fred dibnah (IP Logged)
29 April, 2012 20:10
If its liquidated, a new company will be formed, and im fairly sure (though not 100%) they'd have to start in the third division.

fulledgelad (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 01:24
Quote:
I sincerely hope they do go under,a team famous for tribalism, hatred, bigotry, I would also like to see celtic in similar financial mess.Two horrendous sets of thug, and thick supporters vying for the same trophies year in, year out.the worst aspects of football fandom and social division all wrapped up in tricolours and union jacks. They stink.

Glasgow Rangers: founded in 1872

Glasgow Celtic: founded in 1888

In my view,It was the bloody catholics who incited all the troubles

Lest We Forget:
http://i25.tinypic.com/6rkd5g.jpg

blakeconroy (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 14:17
Quote:
ClanClaret
I Can't See Rangers goin face -UP, by the way what side of tha fence is MR SALmON Fella on,(Sm100)(Sm126)(Sm63)

any that will free scotland !!!

vinnicombe (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 18:21
Quote:
fred dibnah
If its liquidated, a new company will be formed, and im fairly sure (though not 100%) they'd have to start in the third division.

I'd imagine the other SPL clubs would be desperate to let them back in the top league to honest.

fred dibnah (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 18:30
Most definitely.
They're gonna lose Sky tv's money if they are not.

fred dibnah (IP Logged)
12 June, 2012 20:20
CVA not accepted.... new company to be formed : [www.bbc.co.uk]

You just know the other SPL clubs will vote to keep them in.
I really, really hope they dont.

What happens to Craig Whyte, does he walk away scot-free ?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net