football
Latest News:

O/T Khan - Sore Loser?
Longsiders1882 (IP Logged)
13 January, 2012 14:14
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/16450797.stm

"A truth’s initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed. It wasn’t the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn’t flat. When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic."

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."

Re: O/T Khan - Sore Loser?
paddy claret (IP Logged)
13 January, 2012 14:22
He shouldn't have lost the fight, he knows it, although a large portion of blame is at his own door, he'll win a re-match hands down

ChorleyClaret (IP Logged)
13 January, 2012 14:39
I'm sick of hearing him whine.

He lost points, for things...you lose points for. His own fault, not the refs.

Clown.

http://content6.flixster.com/photo/30/68/77/3068772_tmb.jpg

"The King Will Rise Again."

Alfie (IP Logged)
13 January, 2012 15:02
I dont particularly like Mr Big Mouth Khan, but doesnt this have to be ratified by the IBF before it goes ahead?

14 January, 2012 15:14
dA gReytist boxER in ingland = PhACt

vinnicombe (IP Logged)
15 July, 2012 09:09
Another defeat for Khan.

Sure Mayweather will be an easier fight for him though.

claretnbooze (IP Logged)
15 July, 2012 10:02
Won't even get the chance for Mayweather now will he? Glad he was floored, not once, not twice but 3 times. All hype and no trousers.

http://i4.tinypic.com/zwysqt.jpg

Foreverclaret (IP Logged)
15 July, 2012 10:14
Like his football team neither can cut it in the Premiership.

15 July, 2012 10:35
I'm no boxing expert but he always looked like another fighter that would struggle if he faced somebody who could hit hard and could catch him. Reminded me of Hamed, another one who got found out, who couldn't walk his talk

"A truth’s initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed. It wasn’t the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn’t flat. When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic."

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."

morty77 (IP Logged)
15 July, 2012 12:19
I've got a few Khan t-shirts left over. Im selling them this afternoon. They are selling at knock down prices.

Cheltenham Nap Champion 07/08
Cheltenham Nap Champion 09/10
Paddock Naps Champion 2013/14
WE DARED TO DREAM!
THEY SENT US KEAN!

colinwaldron (IP Logged)
15 July, 2012 15:19
Boom boom!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Turfite/colsig.jpg

"Say no to the car scrappage scheme"
Ex Aintree Naps Champion
Ex Naps Champion
Ex Cheltenham Naps Champion

socrates1882 (IP Logged)
15 July, 2012 15:23
To compare with Nas is a bit misleading really.

Nas was genuinely world class. He fought and beat a lot of champions, had genuinely concussive power, ridiculous instinctive reactions and paved the way for smaller fighters to get big fight purses by creating more widespread interest in those divisions.

Where he erred was in believing his own hype. He thought he could knock anybody out with one punch and his life became such a circus that he apparently only trained for 10 days for the Barerra fight. You can't beat an All Time Great on that training no matter how hard you punch and his ego couldn't handle the defeat.

Ego got in the way of his career - leaving Brendan Ingle and his Sheffield gym was the beginning of the end and it all went downhill from there.

Nas was world class. Khan isn't and I don't think he ever will be.

Interesting note - they're expecting Nas to possibly inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame next year. You have to be 5 years out of the ring, which he is, and there is now a bit of a clamour to induct him. It helps that the potential intakes from 5 years ago aren't great too.

I'm on my phone so can't post links, but have a look on YouTube at Gorilla Productions Prince Naseem. Amazing skills and brutal punching.

15 July, 2012 18:15
Fair enough soc, like I say I'm no expert but his chin seemed suspect ultimately, as a casual observer. Maybe when he maimed a bloke in his car, having previously been done banned for excessive speeding, and seemed to show little remorse I lost any ability to see his worth. Sometimes seems to be a problem with English boxers, over rating themselves. Not all of them of course, but quite a few.

socrates1882 (IP Logged)
15 July, 2012 18:41
It's a fair point l1882 - the smash in the car was bad. My old firm did the claim for that guy, it was nasty stuff.

No doubt he lost it for a few years - believed all the hype, thought he was unbeatable and was a bit of a knobhead as a bloke. He was a real good fighter though.

fulledgelad (IP Logged)
15 July, 2012 19:11
Quote:
Maybe when he maimed a bloke in his car, having previously been done banned for excessive speeding, and seemed to show little remorse I lost any ability to see his worth. Sometimes seems to be a problem with English boxers, over rating themselves.

Some ENGLISH folk would phrase this statement a little differently

Lest We Forget:
http://i25.tinypic.com/6rkd5g.jpg

16 July, 2012 10:52
Seems like Khans not happy about Froch:

'"I'm in a tougher division, I'm fighting better opposition and I'm a bigger name than him. That's what burns him really.'

Is that true? I always had the impression that Froch had fought all comers in a very tough division?

socrates1882 (IP Logged)
16 July, 2012 11:24
Has he really said that?

That's one of the most laughable, stupid things i've ever read. Khan has a history of utter-fuckwittery in interviews but that tops the lot.

Carl Froch is pretty much recognised by most people in World Boxing as having had the toughest run of opponents of any fighter in any division anywhere in the world over the last 15 years.

His last 8 opponents have all been top level guys and he's fought everybody in his division there is to fight - often in their back yard. Khan has had a half decent run of opponents but nothing even remotely comparable to that.

I'm shaking my head at how stupid that is.

16 July, 2012 12:40
Got that from the BBC Soc, thought it didn't ring quite true from what I'd read and heard.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net