football
Latest News:

thread on footy
RigsbysCat (IP Logged)
09 December, 2011 14:11
for a change (Sm105)

1. So, our minor ressurection. Coincides with Vokes arriving but also McCann being able to get forward. And yet for the most part we're still playing 442. Obviously I don't get to games, so what's changed in particular that allows McCann this freedom?

2. Jensen out for another month. EH said "It's been a nasty one for him. He had got to the stage where he could do everything bar the long kicking." Err, if that's the case wouldn't such an improvement to his all round game see him being put back in immediately?

3. Points deduction decision delayed for Pompey. Deferred until the next league meeting. Is that good or bad for tomorrow in terms of their motivation?

4. And sticking with tomorrow, following BFC for 36 years sometimes (only sometimes) sees me look at things glass half full. We're on a run of form. Pompey are in a mess. They haven't won away all season......it's just set up nicely to fall apart at the seams tomorrow, isn't it? (Sm130)

Re: thread on footy
claretnbooze (IP Logged)
09 December, 2011 17:03
4 oh hell yeah this is burnley after all

http://i4.tinypic.com/zwysqt.jpg

Specky Les (IP Logged)
09 December, 2011 17:49
Confidence high, 3-1 to the Clarets !!!

morty77 (IP Logged)
09 December, 2011 18:22
A 6-0 romp for the lads tomorrow - get your mortgage on it!

Cheltenham Nap Champion 07/08
Cheltenham Nap Champion 09/10
Paddock Naps Champion 2013/14
WE DARED TO DREAM!
THEY SENT US KEAN!

bordeauxclaret (IP Logged)
10 December, 2011 10:25
Quote:
RigsbysCat

4. And sticking with tomorrow, following BFC for 36 years sometimes (only sometimes) sees me look at things glass half full. We're on a run of form. Pompey are in a mess. They haven't won away all season......it's just set up nicely to fall apart at the seams tomorrow, isn't it? (Sm130)

Ahhh Rigsby, my thinking exactly, and I've been following Burnley for even longer than you. We've seen this situation so many times before haven't we.(Sm14)

BC
Prediction League Champion 2006/7
Fantasy League Winner 2007/8

colinwaldron (IP Logged)
10 December, 2011 11:02
Quote:
Rigsbys cat

Half century following BFC for me RC; I've learned to expect anything and presume nothing; never mind dont let your coat form into a fur ball(Sm14)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Turfite/colsig.jpg

"Say no to the car scrappage scheme"
Ex Aintree Naps Champion
Ex Naps Champion
Ex Cheltenham Naps Champion

Brian O'Neil (IP Logged)
10 December, 2011 12:43
Chill...we either will or we won't....go out do yer job and see where it gets you. I always tell my Liverpool supporting relatives....never bet on us but never ever bet against us.
Incidentally, I like pompey fans. They, to me, seem the southern equivalent of us.It should be a great atmosphere, or at least I hope it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2011 12:47 by Brian O'Neil.

RigsbysCat (IP Logged)
12 December, 2011 05:30
(Sm159)

Casper (IP Logged)
12 December, 2011 06:44
I've always thought of Millwall as the Southern equivalent of us.

12 December, 2011 11:15
Quote:
RigsbysCat
(Sm159)

You can come out from behind that sofa Rigsby, surely only our very young or ludicrously optimistic glass half-full supporters thought we were going to beat Portsmouth.

Like I said, we've seen it so many times before, why on earth was it going to be different this time ?

BC

RigsbysCat (IP Logged)
13 December, 2011 12:39
the bit I've never understood though Bordeaux is that regardless of players or managers down the ages, BFC's "ability" to be predictable like this transcends all.

It's uncanny, as if there's a curse on us or something.

Oh, and here comes Xmas!

(Sm10)

morty77 (IP Logged)
13 December, 2011 14:39
My 6-0 bet went well down the tubes. Oh well, lets hope my 4-1 forcast for Saturday comes in.

Cheltenham Nap Champion 07/08
Cheltenham Nap Champion 09/10
Paddock Naps Champion 2013/14
WE DARED TO DREAM!
THEY SENT US KEAN!

13 December, 2011 18:17
Quote:
morty77
My 6-0 bet went well down the tubes.

(Sm6)(Sm6)(Sm6)

Still I don't know why I'm laughing. I layed us at both Hull and West Ham and we were a big price at both. All the profit I'm made from laying us previously this season gone in two matches.(Sm17)

BC

Specky Les (IP Logged)
13 December, 2011 22:53
We`ll always be Clarets though, through thick and thin,highs and lows etc etc (Sm152)

Up the Clarets (Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net