Latest News:
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Close the door on your way out Eddie
Posted by: Golazzo (IP Logged)
Date: 22 November, 2011 21:39

Youve had long enough to addresses our defensive frailties, do the fans a favour and leave, your simply out of your depth my good friend

http://i54.tinypic.com/2hge7uf.gif

http://i46.tinypic.com/24wu41u.png

Re: Close the door on your way out Eddie
Posted by: darwen claret (IP Logged)
Date: 22 November, 2011 21:44

We cant afford to get rid pal if we did its a poisoned chalice nobody will want the job.

Posted by: morty77 (IP Logged)
Date: 22 November, 2011 21:45

... but has he had the money to sort it out??
Desparate for a left back, Bikey and new at Centre Half. Gaulling to see Caldwell at Birmingham when he should never had left - cheers Brian for letting him go!

Cheltenham Nap Champion 07/08
Cheltenham Nap Champion 09/10
WE DARED TO DREAM!
THEY SENT US KEAN!

Posted by: ClanClaret (IP Logged)
Date: 22 November, 2011 21:46

yeah, take a hike EDDIE. I said at tha Season START we was lookin like tha next pRESTON/-/- DOWN(Sm31) more holes than a old string vest at tha back.(Sm100)(Sm126)(Sm63)

Posted by: fred dibnah (IP Logged)
Date: 22 November, 2011 21:48

We cant really get rid now.
But what golly says is true. He's had long enough to sort something. He does seem out of his depths.
I cannot accept that there are no defenders out there who could improve us.

Date: 22 November, 2011 21:50

DARWIN, wool-locks. get rid and save in't long run Now, CUT THA GRASS NOW BURNLEY FC.(Sm100)(Sm126)(Sm63)

Posted by: LightcliffeClaret (IP Logged)
Date: 22 November, 2011 21:50

Honestly Fred, there is nobody better.

Nobody in the whole world.

Date: 22 November, 2011 21:53

name the replacement for eddie you want?!

Date: 22 November, 2011 21:58

lightcliife, know One Better.lol/- give over Mon(Sm128)(Sm126)(Sm63)

Posted by: That's Mr Kilby To You (IP Logged)
Date: 22 November, 2011 22:02

Quote:
darwen claret
name the replacement for eddie you want?!

Brian Laws is still available and going cheap.

Posted by: morty77 (IP Logged)
Date: 22 November, 2011 22:16

DO DOB DOBO DOBBO

Cheltenham Nap Champion 07/08
Cheltenham Nap Champion 09/10
WE DARED TO DREAM!
THEY SENT US KEAN!

Date: 22 November, 2011 22:26

don't yeah say that, when't yeah take a hot PAN off't tha HOB/-GASeye rolling smiley(Sm126)(Sm63)

Posted by: weloveyouburnley (IP Logged)
Date: 22 November, 2011 22:41

Eddie Howe is a likeable chap, but, @#$%& me, he has to be treading on very thin ice now, regardless of the shitty hand he has undoubtedly been dealt by the cretins above him.

Posted by: aggi (IP Logged)
Date: 22 November, 2011 22:42

Given the £20m wage bill we had last year for relative dross I suspect we're looking at cutting that hugely so it may well have become there's no-one out there who'll improve who we will actually spend the money on.

We've gone about this season all wrong in terms of player activity but who knows whether this is due to the board or Eddie Howe. However, I'd be surprised if he really did intend to go through this season with the total lack of strength in depth that we have.

Simply put, if you get rid of half a team on high wages and replace them with players on a quarter of the wage, those players aren't going to be as good. You may get one or two (Austin for Big Chris for instance) but on average you're also going to get Easton for Fox, Hines for Eagles.

Look at Preston, they're suffering the same financial problems, brought in an up-and-coming and then an experienced manager and neither have made the difference.

http://imagegen.last.fm/longside3/recenttracks/mauwf79.gif

Posted by: Specky Les (IP Logged)
Date: 22 November, 2011 22:45

Good post aggi (Sm152)

Date: 22 November, 2011 22:52

aggie, have PrestoN still got tha same plon$er, GUOUD-HEE- UP.
kNOW its time for a plan/-B NEW MANAGER. AT TURFMOOR. Before CHRIT-MAS IS IN. YEAR(Sm100)(Sm126)

Posted by: dandeclaret (IP Logged)
Date: 22 November, 2011 23:04

Nailed it Aggi.

Posted by: bordeauxclaret (IP Logged)
Date: 22 November, 2011 23:12

I'm all for sacking Eddie if we can appoint a different manager who'll guarantee success. On the wages we can afford to pay though I doubt that manager exists, so carry on Eddie.

BC
Prediction League Champion 2006/7
Fantasy League Winner 2007/8

Posted by: fred dibnah (IP Logged)
Date: 22 November, 2011 23:14

Understand that aggi, but i still refuse to accept there are not players out there who can fit within our budget and improve us.

EG: Millwall have just got an England U21 defender from Villa on loan. Palace have just signed an Israeli international defender from Cardiff.

I know they're only loans, but would these sorts of players really be out of our budget ? Cant see it meself.

Date: 22 November, 2011 23:16

You'd have to presume yes Fred. I can't find any logic behind him being happy with 1 left back, 1 right back, 3 central midfielders, and not one centre half he's willing to play who is good enough.

Date: 22 November, 2011 23:25

BC, THERE is know Guarantee Success in't your passed job, NEVER MIND football. but it's time for tha door EDDIE(Sm128)(Sm126)(Sm63)

Date: 22 November, 2011 23:37

You know what Maggie used to say Clan, when the wets were plotting against her,

'Better keep a hold of nurse, for fear of finding something worse'

I don't notice that many suggestions as to who could replace Eddie and push this shambles of a football club into the top 6. I'm still not convinced about him but, imo, he deserves to be given a chance. All he's had yet is shite dropped on him by the board from a fecking great height. It's no surprise to me that we're now in a relegation battle, I backed us to go down at 16/1 at the start of the season. The board more or less guaranteed this was going to happen and I doubt any other manager could make much difference. Are there any good managers available currently ? And if there were, would they want the job ? Would they ****.

BC

Date: 22 November, 2011 23:53

Bordeaux Mon, My old friend. yeah said o'll On't One. a well Above BETTER in ONE Good Post, YEAH. All in One(Sm128)(Sm100)(Sm126)(Sm63)

Posted by: blakeconroy (IP Logged)
Date: 23 November, 2011 00:11

and just how would you pitch the job to a new manager ? tiny squad, no money, spineless board and near the bottom of the league, also you will have to move near to burnley.

yep they will be beating down the door!

howe might not be the right man but change at the very top is the only way forward. even in the prem the best they could do was laws ffs!

the only way to effect real change is to vote with your feet, hit them in the pocket. history shows it's the only time things change.
there a business and there product is shambolic. don't let your heart rule your head that's what they count on!

Posted by: Brian O'Neil (IP Logged)
Date: 23 November, 2011 01:01

Eddie was not my choice, my choice is now manager of Brizzle...nonetheless our problem is not Eddie imo, it is the ferking great financial blunders made prior to his arrival that have given us absolutely no wiggle room to get out of the s*it that we find ourselves in. Be serious about this.....how can we possibly succeed with cretins at the helm who have performed so miserably with unexpected riches. The past foretells the future, leopards do not change their spots. When we are deep in the mire the purse will open to magically secure the services of some possible saviors as happened under Steve Cotterill...but will Eddie make as good choices with his one chance as Steve did ?

Posted by: soapylily (IP Logged)
Date: 23 November, 2011 05:54

Depressing run but I think we have to stick with him.

Posted by: Jabberwocky (IP Logged)
Date: 23 November, 2011 09:53

@#$%& or bust, he was the best we could tempt at the time; before that it was Lawsy in the Prem. What next with our current situation?

He does have to take a portion of the blame, but I'd love to know the full story of the promises he was made and the current goings on behind the scenes. It stinks, and it really wasn't meant to be like this. Not a happy time to be a Claret at the moment, I've even gone so far as cancelling the text-alerts and Clarets World because I really can't be arsed with it all.

Posted by: vinnicombe (IP Logged)
Date: 23 November, 2011 10:54

I've heard Howe and Tindall are on very lucrative contracts, so they are not going anywhere soon.

Posted by: lowerhouseclaret (IP Logged)
Date: 23 November, 2011 11:27

You’re all a bunch of low intelligence dim-witted hypocrites. Again you are spreading negativity which will eventually increase across most of our fans. Why do fans listen to idiots like yourselves. You wanted shut of Laws. You were happy when we got Howe. There you go. Small minds and short memories. Shall I give you an idea which I have stated loads of times but been slated for. Get behind the team when they need it most. What about that for an idea. Oh yes, that means having to go through some bad times. I’m glad I know none of you personally as it is frustrating just reading some of your idiotic childish posts. God help me and God help BFC with supporters like you lot.

Date: 23 November, 2011 11:47

(Sm157)(Sm157)(Sm157)(Sm157)(Sm157)(Sm157)(Sm157)(Sm157)(Sm157)(Sm157)(Sm157)(Sm157)(Sm157)(Sm157)(Sm157)

Posted by: agreenwoodbfc (IP Logged)
Date: 23 November, 2011 13:50

It's probably blind faith on my part, but I'm not overly concerned about him at present. It's not that I think he's doing an impressive job, more that he's been dealt an awful hand and that the problems run deeper than front of house.

As Bourdeaux says, even if we were all to agree that our current predicament is mainly down to the manager, could we actually attract a high calibre applicant at present? If we could, can we trust the board to appoint him?

The club has been in sharp decline for almost two years. Howe hasn't even been here for half of that period.

Posted by: Danger Fourpence (IP Logged)
Date: 23 November, 2011 16:09

as dan said, aggi nailed it.

our latest left back target went to forest a few weeks ago. the problems stem from above eddie.

Posted by: Norge (IP Logged)
Date: 23 November, 2011 17:03

Howe & Tindall on lucrative contracts...we should employ them and pay them on performance related contracts.

What ever happened to probationary periods.....it happens in real life all the time....

Posted by: kaiapoi claret (IP Logged)
Date: 23 November, 2011 22:32

Quote:
lowerhouseclaret
You’re all a bunch of low intelligence dim-witted hypocrites. Again you are spreading negativity which will eventually increase across most of our fans. Why do fans listen to idiots like yourselves. You wanted shut of Laws. You were happy when we got Howe. There you go. Small minds and short memories. Shall I give you an idea which I have stated loads of times but been slated for. Get behind the team when they need it most. What about that for an idea. Oh yes, that means having to go through some bad times. I’m glad I know none of you personally as it is frustrating just reading some of your idiotic childish posts. God help me and God help BFC with supporters like you lot.
If you go to the 110 club leauge club or the Park View before the home games youll meet up with the lads on here then you can sort out your problems with them then you might like the crack on longside good luck

Posted by: ChorleyClaret (IP Logged)
Date: 23 November, 2011 23:46

KP, what a confrontational oik you are!

http://content6.flixster.com/photo/30/68/77/3068772_tmb.jpg

"The King Will Rise Again."

Date: 24 November, 2011 00:42

And that's your contribution CC ? we are in a malaise are we not ?

Posted by: kaiapoi claret (IP Logged)
Date: 24 November, 2011 04:11

Quote:
ChorleyClaret
KP, what a confrontational oik you are!
this is what lhc is talking about idiotic childish posts if you have nothing concreate to say keep quiet (Sm150)

Posted by: ChorleyClaret (IP Logged)
Date: 24 November, 2011 13:23

Brian, Yes we are.

I am just amused at the aggressive stance taken by the deck washer.

"Concreate" What's all this about?

http://content6.flixster.com/photo/30/68/77/3068772_tmb.jpg

"The King Will Rise Again."

Date: 24 November, 2011 14:28

Posted by: paddy claret (IP Logged)
Date: 24 November, 2011 19:39

Its all Eddie's fault isn't it.

Can't believe the opening post, what drivel.

Also amusing to see 'Im not pro Brian Laws, I'm pro giving a manager 2 years to succeed' is also against Howe.

Pure Diarrhoea

Posted by: Dave Thomas (IP Logged)
Date: 24 November, 2011 22:05

Gentlemen there are aggressive posts on here that remind me of CM... I always tell people the Longside is the thinking man's CM

Date: 25 November, 2011 00:21

And it is DT, as you should know DT, the exception proves the rule.This is the site of free speech and dissent, long may it be so but....if tha talks sh*te someone will soon bring it to your attention.

Posted by: paddy claret (IP Logged)
Date: 25 November, 2011 07:39

Do me a favour Dave, nothing personal here, unlike the 'free speech' mentioned on another thread, no 'bell ends' f'kin retards' and not a mention of wishing someone's child to get cancer as was the norm in the past?!
And then someone asks where is Becky and Beckys mum? Lol!!

Posted by: kata (IP Logged)
Date: 25 November, 2011 16:05

That was a thing of the past and generally down to the same individual in fairness. I havent read posts of that ilk for some time and feel generally the posts are for the most part ok.
(or is that what you are saying PC?)(Sm55)

Posted by: pipindripin (IP Logged)
Date: 25 November, 2011 16:56

Wot they should have done when Hossface went was put Steve Davis in as caretaker with a nod & a wink to him that it may lead to better things for him, if that had have happened he would still be at the Turf with some of the backroom staff that jumped ship with Coyle. If he did o.k. he could have been given the job if he did'nt after say 10 games he could have been moved back to his previouse position whilst we found a new Manager. He had all the coaching qualifications to do the job & there would have been nothing to lose whhist soppin Coyles poaching exersise in its tracks. How difficult is it to run such a man management & buissiness thought through a directors head ?

Date: 03 December, 2011 17:08

1 week later and 3 wins do you still want eddie out?!

Posted by: Golazzo (IP Logged)
Date: 03 December, 2011 17:29

Opinions haven't changed, Xmas is looming. I'll be the first to hold my hands up if I get it wrong

http://i54.tinypic.com/2hge7uf.gif

http://i46.tinypic.com/24wu41u.png

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2011 17:29 by Golazzo.

Posted by: soapylily (IP Logged)
Date: 03 December, 2011 18:39

Quote:
soapylily
Depressing run but I think we have to stick with him.
Fantastic run but I think we have to stick with him. He has aged a year since this thread started and obviously being so much more mature makes all the difference, innit?

Date: 03 December, 2011 21:21

I think we should offer him an extended contract. It'll take a few weeks for his agent to go through it, so if we don't win any of the next three we can always sack him.

BC

Date: 03 December, 2011 23:20

UM, UM , UM, EAT OATS FU NEXT TWO WEEKS CLAN WI CHICKEN/-No Red Meat for you Mon/-Clan(Sm10)(Sm100)(Sm126)(Sm63)

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListLog In
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net