football
Latest News:

Claret Andy
BBC 2 (IP Logged)
01 February, 2009 18:52
Longside Ref Managers

Jimmy Mullen

I need a Jimmy Mullen managers profile, and i know you rate him alot higher than me.

Do you fancy writing a profile for the ref site? Pleasewinking smiley

Re: Claret Andy
Claret Andy (IP Logged)
01 February, 2009 18:53
Yeah not a problem

Claret Andy (IP Logged)
01 February, 2009 18:55
Not sure on how to edit page. Should I just type out info and e-mail it you?

BBC 2 (IP Logged)
01 February, 2009 18:56
Yeah or PM.

The edit page function has been taken out, there are a handful of administrators Me mainly but there are a few of this board who do a bit.

Claret Andy (IP Logged)
01 February, 2009 18:57
No worries

BBC 2 (IP Logged)
01 February, 2009 19:24
Wern't ypu doing articles a while ago Andy?

Claret Andy (IP Logged)
01 February, 2009 19:28
yeah then my shifts changed and struggled to get the time for the net since.

BBC 2 (IP Logged)
01 February, 2009 19:29
Ah, you all sorted now?

Claret Andy (IP Logged)
01 February, 2009 21:05
Better than what it was. Will look at contributing and posting more when all is sorted.

BBC 2 (IP Logged)
01 February, 2009 21:08
Yeah no problem Andy

Have you had a look around the site?

Claret Andy (IP Logged)
01 February, 2009 21:12
Only briefly but looks really good. Very impressive. Good work. Certainly plenty on there to read and already recommended it to others.

BBC 2 (IP Logged)
01 February, 2009 21:15
The good reading come courtesy of Dave Thomas ForeverClaret and Colin Waldron.

Laura(bbc) and Pete(cnb) have done a couple but the rank stuff is done by me grinning smiley

Claret Andy (IP Logged)
01 February, 2009 21:19
All deserve a pat on the back because it looks really good.
Started on the Mullen story. If there is any more I can help with just let me know, would be happy to help.

BBC 2 (IP Logged)
01 February, 2009 21:23
Anything.

I would like to see it grow and grow to become a major reference site to rival the bigger more established sites.

Becky1882 and Lambie the leap have been enroled to help.

Lambie is on with his hero "Lambie the Leap" and that will start another section Pre-War Clarets, he also has offered to do a history of the kit which wil be a fantastic read.

LC has offerd to write a player profile on a player he likes(he hates Nogan).

so it really is turning out into a pure Longside reference site thumbs down

halesowen wolf (IP Logged)
01 February, 2009 21:26
Quote:
BBC 2
The good reading come courtesy of Dave Thomas ForeverClaret and Colin Waldron.
Laura(bbc) and Pete(cnb) have done a couple but the w.ank stuff is done by me grinning smiley

Is that what all the rubbish is (Sm151)

Only joking, it is a good read

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h190/Dazzab73/801442ff-f5ee-4126-a5e5-1a7c5200d195_zps8173e75d.jpg

The Collector (IP Logged)
01 February, 2009 21:28
It'll not be long before it is the definitive BFC ref site!

It certainly is interesting & informative. You all deserve a (Sm53)

.http://i11.tinypic.com/6t1cg47.jpg
I AM ARGUS
King of merge.

BBC 2 (IP Logged)
01 February, 2009 21:28
Hales, Rank is a word..It means Bad (Sm14)

Claret Andy (IP Logged)
01 February, 2009 21:32
Sounds good. As I say I will help out on any part of it (82 onwards as I ain't as old as some)

Notice there is a season by season section which are really good reads. Not noticed if there is one but how about classic matches from each season?

A stats section could be cool too but would take some updating. Something different from the norm though concentrating on attendandces, all time scorers, head to head etc. Got quite a bit of that info already if thats any use.

01 February, 2009 21:32
(Sm22)

In all honesty it is a great site & i have reccomended it to friends

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h190/Dazzab73/801442ff-f5ee-4126-a5e5-1a7c5200d195_zps8173e75d.jpg

Claret Andy (IP Logged)
01 February, 2009 21:33
LC hates Nogan? Thought he would have been a hero being Welsh. Oh well ha ha

Claret Andy (IP Logged)
01 February, 2009 21:34
Now now hales ha ha. Hope you are all well, long time no chat.

BBC 2 (IP Logged)
01 February, 2009 21:36
Quote:
Notice there is a season by season section which are really good reads. Not noticed if there is one but how about classic matches from each season?

I have been thinking along the same lines, but concentrating on great teams, the team in 83 against Liverpool, the team against Man City Charity Shield 74, Wolves Sherpa van, York championship side, 59/60 side, 20/21 side .

Quote:
A stats section could be cool too but would take some updating. Something different from the norm though concentrating on attendandces, all time scorers, head to head etc. Got quite a bit of that info already if thats any use.

Started on somthing like that Records n Firsts

Claret Andy (IP Logged)
01 February, 2009 21:45
Lot of opportunities for stats that has been started. 20k + attendances in last 20 years, cup runs season by season, televised matches, transfers season by season etc etc. Like I say a lot of work but with all the work already in place it could really turn out to be the ultimate place to visit for all clarets info.

Fantastic work to everyone, really takes some doing but looks great.

BBC 2 (IP Logged)
01 February, 2009 21:49
transfers season by season

Thats one what could be a real hit, it might need some moving about.
With each season having a Match programme, results, season write up, season transfers, importent news of the season, highest attendance, top goalscorer.

that sounds like a very good idea.

01 February, 2009 21:51
Hows things Andy??? We are all good & yourself

Il take the mick but BBC2 knows i don't mean it, he is a decent guy & i respect him. Thats why i read the site & have reccomended it to friends

Claret Andy (IP Logged)
01 February, 2009 21:54
Include highlight match of the season, cup runs, player of the year etc too and that would beat anything else out there. A statto's paradise.

Claret Andy (IP Logged)
01 February, 2009 21:58
Not so bad ta. All work really as lass was made redundant but fortunately found a new job shortly after.
Going to get promoted? Reading look good to take first place but can see you ending up second which I'm sure is good enough.

01 February, 2009 22:07
I dont care if we finish 1st or 2nd as long as we dont blow it, I hope you join us in the play offs.

Good news & bad news about your lass, at least Kath won't lose her job, they are in high demand at the mo, Im applying for a job there, Not certain about my job, But if i get laid off il get a nice redundancy pay

Claret Andy (IP Logged)
01 February, 2009 22:16
Hope all works out ok for you. Get a job soon and it can be the best thing ever.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net