football
Latest News:

Risky business
Mr.Ben (IP Logged)
24 April, 2008 12:43
Like Chris' match report says, 0-0 away from home is a dangerous result.

Psychologically it makes it difficult for the players.

We really have to win or risk holding them at bay for another 120 minutes. We'll probably have to score two.

Re: Risky business
jan mclare (IP Logged)
24 April, 2008 14:15
We just have to hope they don't score which is a big ask condsidering the players they have.They are an excellent team despite their current form and we should never forget that.

Never been comfortable with a 0-0 away from home and i think its advantage barcelona. Sure we're playing at home but i don't think that will have a bearing as players from top teams are used to it.

Jan

negotiator (IP Logged)
24 April, 2008 17:14
i love those risky nights watching man u play, its more fun.

If we lose then thats a whole month i'll be in my bed and i'll be looking back at the nou camp and the missed pen.

But thats not gonna happen....

i hope we throw the kitchen sink at them

Briansmurph (IP Logged)
24 April, 2008 17:50
jan, your saying its a big ask to keep them scoreless with the players they have....
didnt we just do that? in the nou camp?
old trafford is our fortress.
no questions about it, if fergie wants this bad enough we go out next week and we play like a team demented. we attack the bollocks off them and throw everything we have at them.
i sincerely feel that even in an open game, we have the firepower to put barca to bed. rooney tevez and ronaldo in a front 3 not the stupid ass formation we played in the nou camp. the theare of dreams should be exactly that next week. it should be the kind of game you want a young fella to watch and go : wow.

next week we have to score two, simple as that. and why couldnt we?
i say we go through and go through in style by playing attacking, measured football.
bring em on!!!!!!!!!

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSOL2NJIg5xW4uo_tlLqO92K5lc1KxwTHJMfdjy5-DE2mSXa_r

Mick_MUFC (IP Logged)
24 April, 2008 19:45
We need to score 3 next week or we are out.

http://a185.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/79/m_ddd9aee4b05902f6374df2de1102cab8.gif

jan mclare (IP Logged)
24 April, 2008 20:19
Brian that was with a Messi and Henry not fully matchfit and if we play like we did last night we're not gonna get up front enough to score.

I just hope we don't see another stupid formation and play our usual attacking game.

Jan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/04/2008 20:21 by jan mclare.

Briansmurph (IP Logged)
24 April, 2008 20:49
ok, now we all know we have a tendancy to look like the away side even at home in these kinda games, but why should we? we should dominate, and im hoping and thinking we will. messi and henry..... ronaldo and rooney? we are better than barcelona. simple as that. and it will be a travesty if we dont go through.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSOL2NJIg5xW4uo_tlLqO92K5lc1KxwTHJMfdjy5-DE2mSXa_r

Mick_MUFC (IP Logged)
24 April, 2008 23:43
If we go out its our own fault. It will be a travesty because we played in to Barca's hands in the first leg and never attacked at all.

The problem with us trying to dominate the game and attack is it will leave us prone to the counter attack and Barca will pick us off. They will be able to do it a helluva lot better than our pathetic attempt in the Nou Camp. Fergie said we played the way we did to shut out the gaps Barca love to play in, at OT those gaps will be there for Barca because we need to attack and we could easily be picked off in the exact same manner as Madrid did to us, not just once but twice.

http://a185.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/79/m_ddd9aee4b05902f6374df2de1102cab8.gif

Your Name: 
Subject: 
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net