football
Latest News:

DIAMOND DIEHARD
DIAMOND DIEHARD (IP Logged)

new signings
19 May, 2018 21:32
just thought I would comment on the STOMP about all the new signings we have made recently. Great to see that we are getting things sorted early for a change.
From what I see we have something to look forward to next season with a new BIG goalie, two tough experienced central defenders and what seems like a lot of midfielders who some seem to like, and others think are over the hill donkeys.
Surely some of these guys MUST be better than what we had last year ???
My big concern at the moment is that although we seem to have improved the defence, so far, nothing looks like an improvement regards the forwards.
Last season we could not score goals. If we lost 2 goals we were virtually certain to lose. As far as I am aware the only striker(?) we have signed is Victoria from the Rovers and he was not exactly a prolific scorer.
Hopefully we will make a marquee signing soon to enhance our firepower.
Still plenty of time left yet.
Any comments ???

Rusty2
Rusty2 (IP Logged)

Re: new signings
21 May, 2018 18:43
Lets give credit to the new owners.....we are not into June yet and they have already made a good number of signings. None of us know yet how good they will be..but it looks certain that a lot of thought has gone into this. By the looks of things there are not finished yet either. and I would probably want to see more fire power up front /wide. The future certainly looks bright.

Is this really Airdrie we are talking about......getting geared up already for the new season !! Its unheard of !!

Diamond Forever
Diamond Forever (IP Logged)

21 May, 2018 23:38
> The key is to get off to a good start, the chances of that have improved greatly as in previous post seasons we have lots of players away and nothing seems to happen until early July! The new squad will have plenty of time to train and prepare with one another. <>

vanheaver
vanheaver (IP Logged)

03 June, 2018 15:13
I cant disagree with the pre season activity, definitely refreshing rather than grabbing the dregs just before the Season starts.

Goalkeepers we have 2 goalkeepers that need to earn the no! jersey

Defence - O'Neil, Crichton, Robertson, McDonald/Edwards would be my 1st choice
but we have Stewart and McIntosh who can also fit into defensive duties if required

Midfield - Stewart, Miller Conroy and Cairns, but Carrick and L. McIntosh could add some attacking duties from a midfield position.

Strikers Duffy Carrick L.McIntosh with Victoria and Russell also able to slot in
I still think there is room for a few more in the squad but we now have a squad that will all need to earn their place rather than as in the past be guaranteed a place.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net