football
Latest News:

Rusty2
Rusty2 (IP Logged)

The end of the season
28 April, 2018 18:37
Well..what was all of that about??

We started off this season in a shambles and with serious financial problems and the threat of liquidation. Many will say that its good still to be in existence. That's fair comment.

However we have gone through a change of ownership with Messrs Watson, Ferguson & others . Many good things have taken place off the park and these are there for all to see. Its all good.

However the main concern for all of us is the product on the park. After watching that shambles today you could argue that very little progress has been achieved ! We understand that many of the playing staff were inherited from the old regime. However the new owners now need to be ruthless in terms of who they continue to employ..quite frankly there were players in that team today who are not fit for purpose...one in particular wearing the captain's armband!!

A bit of wheeling and dealing in the close season and bringing in the right quality of player should go a long way to resolving this problem.

Will a season ticket for next year be a good investment.......?????????

Chapelhall man
Chapelhall man (IP Logged)

Re: The end of the season
28 April, 2018 19:40
Too tired to do much more than agree with you and the other poster; we need a real boost to the signed players and it will be interesting to see what SF does with his budget. I have already said what I think about Conroy so will bide my time for the close season. Much good changes off the park but I wonder if it will improve on the park. As to season ticket I stick by the fact that I still like Saturday being my football fix, but away games will be debatable. Montrose/Brechin/Forfar/East Fife/Stranraer/ maybe Peterhead -it looks unappealing if the team is not strengthened

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net