football
Latest News:

Chapelhall man
Chapelhall man (IP Logged)

Play off for ML5
14 April, 2018 20:08
For the first time this season I can report a goal by Adam Brown, which might be his first for over a year and I think it was against the Rovers as well. I had predicted that Tom Fry would never score so it was a delight to see him arrive to finish off a great counter attack. I also saw a first win over the Rovers at home for quite some time so I am happy tonight. It was a strange game in which not a lot of football was played until we scored, although their No 11 had a good chance and Trouten was offside before finishing. It was a great spring the offside move from Cammy Russell who set up Brown for an emphatic finish, but a contract is maybe not given on that one good game. Russell worked really hard as did all of the team.
We were under a lot of pressure in the last 15 minutes as we had failed to score a decisive second .Conroy somehow had a good game but managed to get injured with no one near him. The highlights might show how we did not get pegged back-post hit/last minute challenges but Hastie could have made it easier with that breakaway. he really is frustrating and talented. Their new front three somehow got them going-was that really Connor Scullion who was on loan to us?. It was a bit of a laugh when their CB fell down with no one near him and Fry "must score" finally arrived.
Good result and clean sheet and it meant Rovers might not be in L1 next season-they needed to be a bit more attacking like in last 15, and Alan trouten is still a real threat but they must be worried. As for us Arbroath score 5 away from home so next week could be a sweat for us . I also thought Keiran McDonald was top notch today at CB but I might be on my own there.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 14/04/2018 20:10 by Chapelhall man.

Diamond Forever
Diamond Forever (IP Logged)

Re: Play off for ML5
14 April, 2018 21:22
<> Not a great game overall but credit to the side for the result...

1st half was dire, but Adam Brown took his goal well. Rovers had a really good chance but their striker shot wide from the edge of the box. 2nd half livened up for them when Scullion appeared - he had a good game, getting several crosses into the box. Rovers were perhaps unlucky not to score but Hastie (whose shot was saved earlier) made the run with Fry and the game was sealed.

Thought young Josh Edwards had an excellent 1st half though tired a bit in the 2nd.

Will be interesting to see who of those players will be here next season! But a pleasing result given how many players were out! <>

Rusty2
Rusty2 (IP Logged)

15 April, 2018 08:28
I thought we played well & deserved our victory. The game however was spoiled by synical challanges from the Rovers players and by yet another poor referee. Rovers should have nothing to complain about..they were second best.

I also hope that we can hold on to some of the good young players....there are quite a few others however who I wont be sad to see go !

Chapelhall man
Chapelhall man (IP Logged)

15 April, 2018 12:48
Quote:
Rusty2
I thought we played well & deserved our victory. The game however was spoiled by synical challanges from the Rovers players and by yet another poor referee. Rovers should have nothing to complain about..they were second best.
I also hope that we can hold on to some of the good young players....there are quite a few others however who I wont be sad to see go !

I think most of the young players( not loan) are signed up: from yesterday Edwards/Russell/Leighton and Cairns is also. As to the departing many of us have expressed that view. Curiously Fry's pace to get up for the 2nd might suggest he is worth looking at. Gayfield next week could be a test after they scored 5 at Methil, a team we have not beaten getting thumped by one we have also not beaten, and the two clubs who put 6/7 past us this season. Our defence has been poor in many ways but statistically it is on a par with most below the top two. It is our goal scoring difficulties that also contributed to where we will finish.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net