football
Latest News:

Chapelhall man
Chapelhall man (IP Logged)

Ayr visit
07 April, 2018 20:00
First it was good to have a big crowd and a buzz around the ground; finding some new faces in a different section was worth the move so I might go for Section E next season. The game was a good one and a neutral would have enjoyed it , but being biased I was rather disappointed that we did not get a draw. I don't think we deserved a win because Ayr did create more chances despite having less possession, and Moore with Shankland always looked like getting a goal. Felt the first half was going really well after scoring a good header from a smashing free kick. Their equaliser was annoying because we seemed to lose the ball easily before that deep cross took out all the defenders. We did seem a bit erratic in some of our clearances and I thought Hastie had a great chance for a second but their defence recovered. Dissapointed to lose Stewart to injury but I hope he enjoyed his view from the box later. Ayr had some great quick moves in the second half and Ferguson had some great shot stopping, but as to the "offside" goal I will wait for highlights-good to see so many Ayr players badgering the Lino, who stood his ground despite the baying behind him. Was the scorer in an offside position before it hit off the Airdrie player?
Offside is a bit of a dog's breakfast with this coming back from offside to then touch the ball: when the Ayr player did it later their Bench team obviously don't know the new rule that awards the foul where the player touches it, even in their own half. It happened at Raith some weeks ago as well-ok for the fans not to know but the Clubs?
The winner seemed to happen in slow motion and the highlights might show what happened but once in front Ayr were unlikely to lose.Hastie was so unlucky not to even it when he hit the post-if only he had a right foot to match the clear skill he has. I wpould have given MOM to Watt but yet again he got himself sent off for two daft fouls ( I wonder if he had any others?) 3 Red cards in three weeks so another changed team. Better than last week and the shape of a team is there but until we get dominant CBs we will struggle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2018 20:02 by Chapelhall man.

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

Re: Ayr visit
08 April, 2018 15:26
Thought Airdrie played some good stuff. ,maybe on another day we get a point.got to say Rohan had some good saves ,Ayr look like they will win promotion they have a few players who know where the net is .would think we need one or two new players and we may not be fat away next season .Dissapointed we got beat but got to take some heart out of our performance ,big improvement .♦️♦️♦️♦️

Chapelhall man
Chapelhall man (IP Logged)

Re: Ayr visit
08 April, 2018 15:54
Quote:
jetsky
Thought Airdrie played some good stuff. ,maybe on another day we get a point.got to say Rohan had some good saves ,Ayr look like they will win promotion they have a few players who know where the net is .would think we need one or two new players and we may not be fat away next season .Dissapointed we got beat but got to take some heart out of our performance ,big improvement .♦️♦️♦️♦️
The problem is we seem to perform better against better sides although we do mainly lose/draw but the away games have been dreadful. I also take some heart for next season but many of those players will not be part of it, if we have not already resigned them. As to the "Offside" goal I looked at the highlights and I am puzzled as to why it was not awarded. It does show how complex the rules added to the Laws of the Game have led to such debate for fans and players.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net