football
Latest News:

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Diamond Forever
Diamond Forever (IP Logged)

AIRDRIE FC NEWS UPDATE - 315 (Apr/May 18)
05 April, 2018 12:58
<> Update thread for news, gossip, rumour...on all things Airdrieonians FC:- club, players, management, fans, matches, media reports, articles and features - past and present! <>

We're almost at the end of another season with only a few matches to play. The new consortium's initial aim was to bring stability and preserve League One status...it looks as if that's been achieved and so fittingly we open the new thread with a rallying call from Chairman Bobby Watson - [www.dailyrecord.co.uk]

>...and Ayr's call to their fans ahead of the game on Saturday - [www.ayrunitedfc.co.uk]

> Despite their fans excitement that they are on course for the title they have been told to behave themselves - [www.ayrunitedfc.co.uk]

> Big away crowd expected, probably be in the other stand - [www.dailyrecord.co.uk]

> Looking ahead to the game - [www.pieandbovril.com]

>...and here too - [somersetroadend.com]

> Another look at the regular Airdrie thread on Pie & Bovril - [www.pieandbovril.com]

> Finally, ex Diamond Jimmy Sandison is now touring the streets of the capital! - [en-gb.facebook.com]

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2018 13:13 by Diamond Forever.

Diamond Forever

Re: AIRDRIE FC NEWS UPDATE - 315 (Apr/May 18)
06 April, 2018 10:26
> Jake Hastie looking for the win - [www.airdriefc.com]

> Under 20s notch up another win -[twitter.com]

> Still top of the league - [spfl.co.uk]

> Wise men say indeed! -[www.ebay.co.uk]

> Remember this ex Diamond hotshot? - [www.dailyrecord.co.uk]

Diamond Forever

06 April, 2018 13:54
> The view from Ayrshire - [www.ayrunitedfc.co.uk]

Diamond Forever

06 April, 2018 17:05
> Ayr fans being put in the main stand, not opposite as initially thought. Probably be around 600-700...

Chapelhall man
Chapelhall man (IP Logged)

07 April, 2018 19:41
Moved again to find another seat; well looked after for that extra payment-maybe next year I should reserve my seat in Section F?

Diamond Forever

07 April, 2018 22:44
Quote:
Chapelhall man
Moved again to find another seat; well looked after for that extra payment-maybe next year I should reserve my seat in Section F?

<> According to a post on the Ayr forum they had 675 out of 1,129. So much for them bigging themselves up about "taking over" our ground...still a good away number all things considered and it looks like the home fans didn't follow Bobby Watson's call to come out and support - made up their minds to keep their cash until next season perhaps? <>

Diamond Forever

07 April, 2018 22:49
> One step closer to the title for Ayr...match stats and league table - [www.bbc.co.uk]

> Man of the Match for Jake Hastie - [en-gb.facebook.com]

> Daily Record match report - [www.dailyrecord.co.uk]

> The Diamonds fail to stop the champions elect...match report from the Official site - [www.airdriefc.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2018 22:57 by Diamond Forever.

Diamond Forever

09 April, 2018 14:00
> Some good contenders for Goal of the Season - [www.airdriefc.com]

Chapelhall man

09 April, 2018 20:05
[quote Diamond Forever]> Some good contenders for Goal of the Season - [www.airdriefc.com][/quote voted for Duffy at Alloa as a great team goal and quality shot. Others were also good. Best goals against us are gone from my vision.

Diamond Forever

11 April, 2018 17:10
> Final home game for top of the table Under 20s - [mobile.twitter.com]

> The ML5 troops are cautiously confident! - [arfc.proboards.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2018 17:17 by Diamond Forever.

Chapelhall man

11 April, 2018 17:42
<> According to a post on the Ayr forum they had 675 out of 1,129. So much for them bigging themselves up about "taking over" our ground...still a good away number all things considered and it looks like the home fans didn't follow Bobby Watson's call to come out and support - made up their minds to keep their cash until next season perhaps? <>[/quote]

Noticed that in December the crowd was 1113 so we must have lost around how many hundred fans from the home section as Ayr maybe brought 350 on that day? looks as if being safe and not challenging kept marginal away as you say until next season(hopefully) Will ML5 be in sections A and B or will they not travel to see us relegate them( I would prefer QP to go)

Diamond Forever

12 April, 2018 11:23
[quote Chapelhall man]<> According to a post on the Ayr forum they had 675 out of 1,129. So much for them bigging themselves up about "taking over" our ground...still a good away number all things considered and it looks like the home fans didn't follow Bobby Watson's call to come out and support - made up their minds to keep their cash until next season perhaps? <>[/quote]

Noticed that in December the crowd was 1113 so we must have lost around how many hundred fans from the home section as Ayr maybe brought 350 on that day? looks as if being safe and not challenging kept marginal away as you say until next season(hopefully) Will ML5 be in sections A and B or will they not travel to see us relegate them( I would prefer QP to go)[/quote]

<> Reckon they'll bring around 200, crowd will probably be 900-950? Might get more ML6 out this time compared to the Ayr game! <>

Meanwhile the Under 20s are feeling the pressure as they lose last night and their grip on the top position is under threat - [spfl.co.uk]

Chapelhall man

12 April, 2018 20:21
I will bid you 800 but maybe a local derby will do as you say.Never seen an U20 game and often pine for the return of a reserve league to avoid those far away games like Peterhead!

Diamond Forever

13 April, 2018 13:38
> Selection problems for Airdrie - [www.airdriefc.com]

> Ex Diamond rallies the players - [www.dailyrecord.co.uk]

> So long as it's not this result again! - [www.dailyrecord.co.uk]

> McIntosh looking to stay on - [www.dailyrecord.co.uk]

> Talking of which, should they stay or should they go? - [www.pieandbovril.com]

> Crowd trouble? Pesadilla predicts a low crowd for El Buckfastico - maybe I should revise down my figure to nearer Chapelhall Man's 800? - [www.pieandbovril.com]

Chapelhall man

13 April, 2018 19:47
" Crowd trouble? Pesadilla predicts a low crowd for El Buckfastico - maybe I should revise down my figure to nearer Chapelhall Man's 800? "
If I get it right it will be one of few correct predictions this season. Financially it would be good to be wrong.

Diamond Forever

14 April, 2018 21:39
> Jake Hastie bags the Man of the Match award as the Diamonds sign off on another season of Monklands derbies...plus link to match report on the Official site and manager Findlay speaks after the game - [mobile.twitter.com]

> Match stats - [www.bbc.co.uk]

> Thoughts on the win - [www.pieandbovril.com]

> Diamonds divers and cheaters! Pass the sour grapes Rovers! - [arfc.proboards.com]

> 826 at the game, lowest derby game in a long while. Rovers only had around 100, a good bit down on the last time they visited us. Financially though it would be better if they stay in the league...especially for them at Cliftonhill when Airdrie visit!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 14/04/2018 22:02 by Diamond Forever.

Diamond Forever

17 April, 2018 12:40
> Rovers match highlights on the Official site, meanwhile the Arbroath match thread is now up on Pie & Bovril - [www.pieandbovril.com]

Diamond Forever

17 April, 2018 19:40
> Kieran Macdonald makes the SPFL Team of the Week - [spfl.co.uk]

Diamond Forever

20 April, 2018 10:24
> Injury problems continue - [www.dailyrecord.co.uk]

> But Stewart's hoping to play - [www.airdriefc.com]

Diamond Forever

21 April, 2018 09:35
> The under 20s lose at Cappielow 3-2 and the SPFL Development League West title slips from their grasp. A shame as the young lads were top for almost all of the season.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net