football
Latest News:

Dobba
Dobba (IP Logged)

East Fife
10 March, 2018 20:07
Am I the only one getting weary of these away results. The problems just aren't being addressed, as you could be watching the same game, week in week out. Sideways passes, backwards passes in a strong swirling wind and slippy surface, putting needless pressure on the defence.

The new keeper fumbled for the first goal with the defence failing to clear a bouncing ball. Then the obligatory 91st minute winner with the defence again failing to block a cross. In between times Airdrie miss a million (ok at least 6 guilt edged, proper, good goal scoring chances). We just can't score goals. That, in essence, could be the match report from a dozen away games.

With the exception of Scott Stewart, no-one performs. It's doubtful whether any of them can actually perform as there's a distinct lack of anyone with any semblance of talent.

Can't blame the referee this week as I thought he was excellent. Another desperate result and heading for our lowest league finish EVER.

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

Re: East Fife
10 March, 2018 20:17
Thought we would have got at least a point today ,More than a bit worried about tha players we are signing on two year contracts.as previous post said it could be our lowest finish ever,

Chapelhall man
Chapelhall man (IP Logged)

10 March, 2018 20:40
Can't disagree with much of what Dobba reports. Did not expect so many changes in the side with yet another set of formations-to start with 3-4-3 , switching to 3-5-2 then back again to 3-4-3 all with no one really supporting Carrick as the centre forward until an old style 4-2-4 did produce some great moves and chances especially for Hastie/ Carrick. Why Adam Brown was brought back in will forever scar my eyes; young Russell battling but innefective out wide right; a back three with McGregor as bad as ever whilst O'Neil is benched. New goalie in but makes an error and no one concentrates around a bouncing ball in their first attack. So much possession on a windy first half but an equaliser was deserved if the source was unexpected. Much of our forward play was good but so many chances missed in the second half that with minute to go I always feared we would mess up again and to be unable to defend a corner seems to be our default setting . Like Dobba I thought Stewart was good as was Higgins( and his goal) for much of the time . Cairns put in a hard shift but is maybe not quite creative enough. I set out optimistic but it was yet another miserable journey home. We need to pick a system and stick to it and no more Adam Brown please.

Rusty2
Rusty2 (IP Logged)

10 March, 2018 20:52
Yup..I think there are a number of hard decisions to be taken regards Adam Brown & others. For me the the number of good soundbites from the new owners have not yet made a big effect on the park. There is a long way to go !!

Diamond Forever
Diamond Forever (IP Logged)

11 March, 2018 16:24
<> Nearly half the team changed and another formation = crazy. As a poster said elsewhere not a good sign doing this in mid March, all because our 2nd half performance isn't up to the 1st? <>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net