football
Latest News:

Chapelhall man
Chapelhall man (IP Logged)

Gayfield comes to Craigneuk
27 January, 2018 21:58
As to the game the wind was a real belter and maybe that's why so much of the play was scrappy. You could never tell how the bounces were going to go and many long passes simply went longer. We never really played a short passing game so mistakes in the final third were regular and clearances were robust. We had a few great counter attacks of three v 2 etc but the wrong choices were taken and I think we only had 2 shots at goal, possession was 50/50 and Arbroath rarely threatened either. They did pass it a bit better and had a smashing wee guy No 5 and Whateley, who dominated Watt and McIntosh. It was a 3-4-3 shape and we certainly were much improved on the 7-1 game . Ferguson was better and had a great point blank save right at the end to stop a defeat. Whilst Carrick looked really good in his work rate , Duffy still looks short on match play which might explain why Findlay took him off but replaced him with the ineffective Brown when Russell was a better swop IMO. Stewart got MOM but he never really got in that telling cross and I would have given it to Carrick . Brownlie had a bit of a nightmare in the last 20 minutes but we did get another clean sheet. A draw was probably ok but given our away form, and today's result for Forfar ,we will need resilience next week. McGregor got two cards( second one silly arms up, to please the Ref, who as they say did us no favours all day) so looks like Cairns will slot in. The main complaint against the officials was that somehow they appeared to agree that the Arbroath goalie handled outside the box , it was a foul, but it was not intentional so he got no Card; as they say I have seen them give Red for it ( St Johnstone v Motherwell game?) Better crowd at 850 given there were only about 70 in the away end so we could be on the way back in attracting those who stayed away.I probably predicted poorly again so I am going down the league whilst the team clings on to mid table safety.

Sandy Jamieson
Sandy Jamieson (IP Logged)

Re: Gayfield comes to Craigneuk
28 January, 2018 14:00
Good to see some activity on the site - I see Pie & Bovril is pretty busy these days but I’m on a life ban from there due to a “misunderstanding”.
The above is a fair representation of yesterday’s game, my highlight of the day was Bobby Watson’s rousing speech in the Stadium Bar! Was also good to see a few old faces back yesterday - even half of Reaction turned up!
Onwards and ... nah, I won’t go there!!!

Rusty2
Rusty2 (IP Logged)

28 January, 2018 18:18
I think its fair to say that we are all pleased with the new ownership of the club. It certainly looks like everything behinds the scenes will be done properly and we now have real football people making football decisions. This can only be good for the future.

We all know there remains a lot to be done on the football side and we will have to be patient and not excpect results immediately. It was fine to get a draw yesterday but it was not a pretty sight. I feel there are likely to be a number of more changes on the playing side ..for there remain a number of players brought in under the old regime who frankly are not good enough. The remainder of this season will be transition ..then we will be looking for real progress !! I think the decision makers will already be making these plans !!

Chapelhall man
Chapelhall man (IP Logged)

28 January, 2018 18:20
Quote:
Sandy Jamieson
Good to see some activity on the site - I see Pie & Bovril is pretty busy these days but I’m on a life ban from there due to a “misunderstanding”.
The above is a fair representation of yesterday’s game, my highlight of the day was Bobby Watson’s rousing speech in the Stadium Bar! Was also good to see a few old faces back yesterday - even half of Reaction turned up!
Onwards and ... nah, I won’t go there!!!

I missed out on the pre match event and good to see "old faces" back. P/B does seem to be a busier site but since JB etc went some posters here have largely departed to P/B. Maybe your ban has a time period?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net