Latest News:

Dobba (IP Logged)

Stranraer game
14 January, 2018 13:43
Only Airdrie can turn what should have been a high scoring win into a defeat. We took the game to them from kick off with 4 attack minded players on the park (a welcome change), score at 2 minutes, hit the bar at 5 minutes and could have been 4 up by 15 minutes. We maintained that level of intensity although we were rocked a bit by the constant misses and Ferguson's usual blunder where he was again caught dallying with a passback. He did the same against Rovers a couple of weeks ago and just doesn't seem to learn. Compared to our clown in goal, their wee fat keeper seemed a total pro by pulling off save after save and launching the ball from the danger area swiftly and efficiently without hesitation.

We've watched Ferguson slow play down and nearly get caught in possession in every game he plays. Every team in the league know this and detail a forward to close him down at every opportunity and yet still he persists. Surely someone at the club has told him during the last 2 years to speed up and launch the ball from danger, so why does he persist in taking a touch and f@nnying about? If he can't kick a football, surely he should be practicing kicking quickly with both feet for 6 hours a day until he is proficient.

I think the ball went through his hands at the 2nd and he was caught rooted to his line with a hopeful punt to the back post and then still didn't move when it was headed across goal to someone running in at the far post. That's how I remember it, although I'd have to see the highlights. This is turning into another Ferguson rant however he basically cost the game.

We still made a load of chances in the 2nd half but his blunders knocked the belief out of us a bit. Having said all that, the outfield players were not without blame. We hit woodwork twice, had 2 cleared on the line (one possibly behind the line), one miss kick on the line and a host of other chances which should have ended up in the net but for poor decision making and greed (on one occasion we had a defender take the ball from his own striker and blaze over an empty goal from 6 yards). We need better decision making and solidity at the back so the sooner the Queens Park keeper gets a game the better.

Sunday afternoon, and I still can't believe how we lost that game.

jetsky (IP Logged)

Re: Stranraer game
14 January, 2018 14:00
Agree with every word in the last post,our defender do like to go forward but just cannot defend ,caught flat footed and slow every time.

Chapelhall man
Chapelhall man (IP Logged)

Re: Stranraer game
14 January, 2018 16:01
Can't fault any word in Dobba's report and I have just seen the highlights. The defence is all over the shop at the 2nd/3rd and I do wonder why we went back to a 4-4-2 after six games unbeaten with 3-5-1-1 which is how Stranraer lined up. We obviously wanted to accommodate Carrick and Duffy so why not just play Furtado wide left as WB if Edwards was missing out? or was that his last game and we played him to justify paying him? He did score a very good goal on a muddy park! Optimism shattered again at Stranraer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing