Latest News:

Roy of the Rovers
Roy of the Rovers (IP Logged)

Rovers Match
01 January, 2018 12:14
I'm very optimistic this match will be on tomorrow after an 11am inspection. I'm backing Rovers roller-coaster season to take another upturn and can see a few goals being scored (no surprise there with the average number of goals per game being over 4.5 so far this season). 3-1 is my prediction but the way things are going 4-3 is just as likely.

Rusty2 (IP Logged)

Re: Rovers Match
02 January, 2018 18:24
Your roof is leaking !!

Chapelhall man
Chapelhall man (IP Logged)

02 January, 2018 20:17
Your roof is leaking !!

That about sums up what happened in the 92nd minute to our defence. Given that I thought we really only played for about 15 minutes after Rovers scored, and grabbed the lead, I suppose a draw was a fair result as they put in as much of a shift over the 92 as we did in that 15. How we can throw away another late equaliser might be just down to inexperience and youth, but it felt like a defeat yet again. Three points would have put us well up the league .Had Watt stayed composed when he thumped the ball to the only Rovers player not in the last third , rather than going up the park,we might have escaped with a win. I don't blame him but it sums up the inexperience. As for the rain it presented a picture of why summer football has less atmosphere! On to East fife for a six pointer if not six goals. Two forwards actually up the park might help.

Diamond Forever
Diamond Forever (IP Logged)

02 January, 2018 23:02
<> Once again we threw away the 3 points with Watt blasting the ball up the park when he should have held on to it...

1st half was a non event, apart from Ferguson's error and Hastie's woodwork strike. Thought overall (except for our good spell in the 2nd half) Rovers managed the conditions better and had a firmer grasp on the midfield.

Still, 5 games unbeaten and slowly creeping up the table with just a few points off the play offs! <>

Sabby (IP Logged)

02 January, 2018 23:38
The problem was that at the 2nd last corner Rovers had we crowded everyone back left no one up allowing them to push everyone up .Did the same at last corner resulting in a goal.Keeping one man up or at least out the box being defended will mean that two players will have to mark the Airdrie player.

Sabby (IP Logged)

02 January, 2018 23:46
A draw was a fair result .Is it just me or are we a bit negative away from home this season trying not to loose rather than win .I think we have only managed 6 points on the road all season .Today was an important game against a team close to us in the league .Would like to see us be more positive away from home although I accept the conditions were not great today

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing