football
Latest News:

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

Stranraer game
11 November, 2017 20:24
Well we needed to win and got the three points so well done to team,the first half we never really had a shot at their goal ,began to come into game after 25 mins and went on to be a lot better in the second half and really was one way traffic with only one winner ,I was saying about Conroy needing to get a bit more involved ,great to see him getting 2goals maybe should have had 3 but for a good save from their keeper ,

MESSAGES->author
A T I D (IP Logged)

Re: Stranraer game
11 November, 2017 21:18
Classic game of two half’s......

How fantastic it is to have a keeper who commands his area, giving the defence a boost knowing that he has there back.

Chapelhall man
Chapelhall man (IP Logged)

11 November, 2017 21:46
Quote:
jetsky
Well we needed to win and got the three points so well done to team,the first half we never really had a shot at their goal ,began to come into game after 25 mins and went on to be a lot better in the second half and really was one way traffic with only one winner ,I was saying about Conroy needing to get a bit more involved ,great to see him getting 2goals maybe should have had 3 but for a good save from their keeper ,
Each time I go on holiday we win, so thanks for report. I always expected Conroy to prove me wrong?

Dobba
Dobba (IP Logged)

12 November, 2017 17:49
Totally agree. A shocking first half where we played the usual sidewards and backwards passes inviting the opposition onto us. Have you noticed how the opposition throw plenty of men forward at every opportunity. Very often they had 5 and 6 men in or around our box as every team in the league knows that we have been incredibly vulnerable at the back and struggle to score up front. In effect, they disrespect us, knowing that if they score first they're likely to win the game as we tend to collapse.

The 2nd half substitution of Jordan Allan changed the game as he had been entirely ineffective ( he has to learn that forwards have to completely burst themselves - this isn't the Under14s where you can wander about waiting for someone to sclaff the ball to you 8 yards out). We're also now solid at the back with a proper goalkeeper who actually at one point collected a cross 17 yards from his goal which is about 16 yards more than the previous incumbent would dare to venture.

It should have been a hat trick for Ryan Conroy but all in all, an exciting, positive 2nd half and a great 3 points. We need to push on now and start hurting teams in this league.

marcus2000
CumbyDiamond (IP Logged)

14 November, 2017 09:36
Quote:
Dobba

The 2nd half substitution of Jordan Allan changed the game as he had been entirely ineffective ( he has to learn that forwards have to completely burst themselves - this isn't the Under14s where you can wander about waiting for someone to sclaff the ball to you 8 yards out). We're also now solid at the back with a proper goalkeeper who actually at one point collected a cross 17 yards from his goal which is about 16 yards more than the previous incumbent would dare to venture.

To be fair to Allan high punts up to him with a CH twice his height was never going to work he needs the ball at feet. Agreed a more solid keeper has improved the confidence in both our central defenders even Brownlie began to look more solid & McGregor had his best game in a while.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net