football
Latest News:

Rusty2
Rusty2 (IP Logged)

Two New Directors in the Boardroom
19 October, 2017 12:20
Just been announced.

We have to look on this as something positive.

Not quite sure where this leaves the others.

Interesting !!

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

Re: Two New Directors in the Boardroom
19 October, 2017 15:40
I like the words from one of the new directors (make the club the force it once was)or something close will be very nice thanks..

Rusty2
Rusty2 (IP Logged)

19 October, 2017 18:01
Yes that would be good.

I hope we will see the last of the Wotherspoon influence now.

Mr Clean.
Mr Clean. (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 07:40
What positions can they play?

MESSAGES->author
Chris Mac (IP Logged)

20 October, 2017 14:14
Wonder if it's the same Gordon Watson that's sat on the same row us me at games, i'm sure some of the guys round about me know him personally.

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

21 October, 2017 15:38
6-1 down pack it in we are just a laughing stock .

Rusty2
Rusty2 (IP Logged)

21 October, 2017 15:48
Absolutely!!

However lets not blame the players or even the coaches.

The blame for this shambles of a club lies with those who have mismanaged it.

Diamondspur
Diamondspur (IP Logged)

21 October, 2017 16:11
Seriously. Don't blame the players or coaches. That's an embarrassment we train full time they don't. I thought we had turned a corner after last week's result, clearly not.

Rusty2
Rusty2 (IP Logged)

21 October, 2017 16:21
Cummon..where have you been for the last year.. Total shambles !!

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

21 October, 2017 16:26
aye it was windy,but we are a group (not a team) that have not a clue about playing in position 's .you could say at least 8 players would not get a game at any other team in this league .hope we can get sorted or we have 2 other embarrassing games to come Cove then Raith on telly if we are still in league by then .

Chapelhall man
Chapelhall man (IP Logged)

21 October, 2017 19:20
I think today we could blame the players although the problems do run a lot deeper. We have a coach who only works with the players on the Saturday whilst the team is picked by a guy who does not attend the games and the training appears to be undertaken by an allsorts mixture. However the optimism of last weeks battling performance was slightly muted by the team selection-Watt at RB and although I did think Jordan Allan did deserve a start we never really got to see much of that thanks to some horrendous individual errors and a team's inability to respond to Arbroath's pressing game. The first 15 was going all so well with Stewart being really impressive in attack and we deserved the penalty lead- probably the last time Conroy outfoxed an Arbroath player. Then enter Rohan who managed to fumble a harmless looking cross for Swankie'score.That geed up Arbroath but a counter attack from Furtado should have been finished. Then came the collapse-Watt bundles into the forward and penalty/No one matches Denholm run to a cross from right again/MacDonald is so feart of the goalie that he dilly dallies and is short with pass back for Linn to score. At HT we bring on a RB and Higgins does ok in comparison to Watt, but we give goals up for free- Denholm all on his own for a through ball/McGregor heads it back to set up their forward/we pass the ball back and Rohan blasts it off Tubby McCord( He had a very good game) and he curls it in from touch line. So embarrassing and far worse than the 7-2 defeat against the Rovers. Arbroath did all an organised team should do on their windy home soil. Credit to Stewart -the rest? Ferguson should be dropped/Conroy rested/ Watt played in the right position/Higgins at RB and most of the rest need a rollicking. Cairns is not a midfielder. Funny that I got back to Airdrie at 1 past 7!

21 October, 2017 19:57
Although others played poorly today, Rohan Ferguson was probably the worst I have ever seen him play - and by jings I have seen many many poor performances from him. I honestly cannot see what Dundee United saw in him when they were prepared to bid for him when he played for us against them a couple of years ago. He has the handling skills of the Venus de Milo, the organisational skills of a headless chicken and he shouts as much as Marcel Marceau. He should be tied up, blindfolded, bunged into a car boot and dumped outside Fir Park immediately. Over-exaggeration? Maybe, but he surely MUST be dropped for next week's match? (I'm sure he won't be but I cannot think of a good reason why not).

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

21 October, 2017 20:27
Yes I do agree get keeper to Motherwell as soon as,how hard can it be play players in their right positions or not at all I was one who thought Aaan should start after he seemed to get things going last week poor service made him look bad.Furtado tries but has not got the touch got to be played wide he is young like a lot of our players so will get better.Did read we have signed a keeper from Dundee 19 year old he will not be any worse than we have that's for sure get him in .

Rusty2
Rusty2 (IP Logged)

22 October, 2017 16:37
Real venom on the Facebook page and not surprisingly so. I agree that there are a lot of issues on the playing side that need to be sorted but for me the owners of this once proud club are entirely to blame. They have totally messed up.

Protest and boycott..I am all in favour !!

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

22 October, 2017 17:04
I think The manager was shocked how hapless we were but really we have the worst strikers the worst midfield the worst defence in the league what does he expect,players are played out of position just to accommodate them on the field .maybe manager has no say but if that is the case be aswell no there.full time against part time we were miles behind,Furtado was right about us taking something from game it was a right good seeing to .

Diamond Forever
Diamond Forever (IP Logged)

22 October, 2017 20:21
<> Utterly inept performance and a shocking result - managers have been sacked for better results and wait a minute, Findlay's just been put in place (mind you Aitchison only lasted 2 weeks).

Stevie Findlay and the coaches need to get it sorted quickly - derby game, Raith TV game and Cove (scoring for fun) Rangers ahead of us. Now we can see the fall out from losing 2 strikers who scored nearly 45 goals last season, and a host of loan players who have blown hot and cold. Add in other issues on the park (poor Ferguson etc...) and we are a team waiting just to be relegated.

The manager and players would argue that any off field happenings shouldn't be affecting them, and I guess JB's aim will be to get through and to the end of this season - then what?!

The fans are already voting with their feet!

Chapelhall Man picks up earlier on something that surely is unworkable:- If accurate Findlay not at Ravenscraig during the week because he works elsewhere, Dalziel not at the games on a Saturday, other coaches (Fitzpatrick) during the week?! <>

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/10/2017 20:57 by Diamond Forever.

Brian Bollen
Brian Bollen (IP Logged)

23 October, 2017 11:37
I've asked this question before, on more than one occasion. If the current incarnation of the club were to fail, would anyone actually care? It's like watching Churchill the cat and other revenants in Pet Sematary by Stephen King.

Diamond Forever
Diamond Forever (IP Logged)

23 October, 2017 20:14
Quote:
Brian Bollen
I've asked this question before, on more than one occasion. If the current incarnation of the club were to fail, would anyone actually care? It's like watching Churchill the cat and other revenants in Pet Sematary by Stephen King.

<> Might be some who wouldn't have the heart after going through agony 15 years ago, many have drifted away and/or moved away. There has been talk of a group of businessmen waiting in the wings if we go into administration, talk too of the Trust trying to negotiate Wotherspoon down in price. Will be interesting to see what happens as we go through the season.

Re earlier post on Findlay and who goes to Ravenscraig - posts on Pie and Bovril clarify Findlay does go, some players don't attend all week... <>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net