10.Alan Forrest
11.Declan McDaid
20.Lyle Avci
25.Luke McCowan

MESSAGES->author
Chris Mac (IP Logged)

Re: Ayr Vs. Airdrie
14 October, 2017 14:19
20’ Penalty to Ayr, despite the linesman flagging for offside. Ferguson redeems himself with an excellent save from Shankland. 0-0

MESSAGES->author
Chris Mac (IP Logged)

14 October, 2017 14:28
28:20
Ayr United 0 - 1 Airdrieonians
GOAL scored by Jordan McGregor

MESSAGES->author
Chris Mac (IP Logged)

14 October, 2017 14:46
HALF TIME
Ayr United 0 - 1 Airdrieonians

MESSAGES->author
Chris Mac (IP Logged)

14 October, 2017 15:11
54:01
Ayr United 1 - 1 Airdrieonians
GOAL scored by Andrew Geggan

MESSAGES->author
Chris Mac (IP Logged)

14 October, 2017 15:15
56:17
Ayr United 2 - 1 Airdrieonians
GOAL scored by Andrew Geggan

MESSAGES->author
Chris Mac (IP Logged)

14 October, 2017 15:22
64:24
Ayr United 2 - 2 Airdrieonians
GOAL scored by Willis Furtado

Chapelhall man
Chapelhall man (IP Logged)

14 October, 2017 22:36
We really lined up in a 4-1-4-1 which meant that Furtado was on his tod chasing the occasional long ball. The shape did not stop Ayr dominating for long spells with Moffat being a real handful. The penalty was a bizarre one where someone played a great pass though to Moffat who was miles offside / the linesman flagged as Ferguson clattered into him; the Ref gave a penalty and ignored the flag so the Lino put it down. I can only guess that the Ref thought it was an Airdrie player who passed it back? Straight down the middle let Ferguson save. Within minutes a good Fry corner was headed in by McGgegor( new boots made all the difference) but he got injured shortly after and a rearranged back four saw Stewart and Mcintosh switch. Ayr really pummelled us in the second half with a very good cross getting the first, and then Cairns losing the ball on the halfway line for a quick counter attack. I thought that might be the sign for a collapse but a switch to 4-4-2 with Allan going up front. turned the tide. A great cross led to Allan doing a van basten off the post and Furtado slotted it away. We did ride our luck towards the end but I felt they deserved a draw. Ayr look good but sometimes overplay it, and fall down on a regular basis to con the Ref? MCIntosh was top notch at CB and we need to find a right back. Hastie was frustrating but talented/ Conroy was anonymous till the last 15 and really needs to make more impact. Jordan Allan was really good and should start next week . On to Arbroath for an interesting outing

Glenmavis Diamond
Glenmavis Diamond (IP Logged)

14 October, 2017 23:39
A decent draw and nothing to moan about this week.
Man that must be tough for some people to process! 😂

Chapelhall man
Chapelhall man (IP Logged)

15 October, 2017 17:56
Quote:
Glenmavis Diamond
Good news provokes very little hyperbole whereas a bad result engenders outrage. And the Ref did get the penalty correct as the highlights show Brownlie kicking it back to Moffat, so that clears up how poor my eyesight was in the stand yesterday!

Diamond Forever
Diamond Forever (IP Logged)

15 October, 2017 18:32
Quote:
Chapelhall man
Quote:
Glenmavis Diamond
Good news provokes very little hyperbole whereas a bad result engenders outrage. And the Ref did get the penalty correct as the highlights show Brownlie kicking it back to Moffat, so that clears up how poor my eyesight was in the stand yesterday!

<> Got to agree with your earlier comments on the game - I really thought we would collapse after their second goal, thankfully when Jordan Allan came on we settled and got that great equaliser. I feared the worst when the starting line up was only Furtado up front v their front 2 of Moffat and Shankland, plus Robbie Crawford turning on the style in the 2nd half.

Very good to come away with a point, well done Findlay and the team... <>

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

15 October, 2017 19:01
Yes I would like to see Jordon Allan start next week ,Furtado has got a presence but as far as touch and skill jury is still out with me ,that's only me and time will tell hope I am wrong.well done yesterday on the point won.

Diamond Forever
Diamond Forever (IP Logged)

15 October, 2017 19:19
Quote:
jetsky
Yes I would like to see Jordon Allan start next week ,Furtado has got a presence but as far as touch and skill jury is still out with me ,that's only me and time will tell hope I am wrong.well done yesterday on the point won.

<> Jordan did very well when he came on. Special mention for Tom Fry too, he had a good game. To be fair on Furtado he was getting very little delivery, after his 7th minute chance he rarely had a real opportunity again for the rest of the first half. But it was a different story when Allan came on and he was getting support. I can see where you are coming from re his first touch, hopefully he will improve over the next few weeks and months. <>

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

15 October, 2017 19:48
Yes D F hopefully you are right,I just think that we get a player in and we get excited about prospect,he is a strong player and does work hard ,it's just something is just not right ,we were lucky they did not score when he lost the ball just outside our own box?but over all pass marks for yesterday as you say a bit more support make all the difference.

Mr Clean.
Mr Clean. (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 07:34
Glenmavis Diamond

You must have been waiting for that - and yet a good result for the team and all you do is have a pop at those who dare to criticise the club - I accept that a lot of the comments on here have been unhelpful, some personal and over the top - and I really have no clue what is involved trying to run a football club - but lets face it even with every penny being a prisoner -we haven't really been well managed as a club for years now

Great result though - I really feared the worse going there and credit - when I saw the had lost two early goals in second half I feared they would collapse - coach must be working well with his players - makes you wonder where we would be if the coach/manager position had been sorted before the season started.

Hopefully the longer he is in post - he can steady the ship and we can climb away from that end of the table

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

16 October, 2017 07:43
I would like to think we will go to Arbroath and pick up at least a point ,not a easy place to play never been there yet that the wind is not a big factor.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net