football
Latest News:

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Rusty2
Rusty2 (IP Logged)

Shambles
19 August, 2017 19:49
OK so after today'e fiasco..we are to await another announcement from the club..presumably a new Manager.

I for one have absolutely no confidence in the Board of Directors.

They brought to us friend Wotherspoon who to a large extent created thus shambles..and also friend Dalziel.

Are we honestly to expect that the right Manager is now going to be appointed. All I can say is look at their record in appointing Managers prior to the Wotherspoon era. That's all.

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

Re: Shambles
19 August, 2017 20:04
Just for tonight I am taking in today's result ,and I would say we look a lot better for the new young lads,well done the day.

Glenmavis Diamond
Glenmavis Diamond (IP Logged)

20 August, 2017 20:29
Love how you manage a rant at the club, yet have failed to commend them for winning today.

Same old same old. 😂

ETA: after reading that Aitchison said about how he was sacked it's only fair to say I agree with you about it being a shambles offield. Players trying their best but offield is a joke right now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/08/2017 06:31 by Glenmavis Diamond.

Rusty2
Rusty2 (IP Logged)

21 August, 2017 07:38
This is nothing to do with the the team performance.

Take one look at the Daily Record headlines about Aitchison and how he has been treated...then you might try to understand what I'm saying.

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

21 August, 2017 08:12
Aitchison I understood was only there because we needed 2 officials at a game he surly knew what his position was .

vanheaver
vanheaver (IP Logged)

21 August, 2017 14:50
Read the main website and get the other side of the story. like players coaches and backroom staff all have to be vetted and is a process that needs more than 24hrs to conclude, I'm not saying I believe either side of events and I thought that Aitcheson has the team performing.
Given that Aitcheson was "doing us favour" because of his friendship with Dalziel it will be interesting to see/hear how he reacts. However JB has been quick to respond with a statement on the main site...therefore very much putting the situation very much in the public eye. JB also states that the club have come forward in leaps and bounds in the last 6 weeks and I for on want to continue that progression without any off field irregularities.

My guess is that if JB has dismissed Aicheson then te new coach/manager will be announced soon after all the required checks have been done.

however lets enjoy Saturdays result and if Saturdays efforts and performances are anything to go by then mid table is very achievable but t is early days and any new manager coming in may not like the new signings/loanees.

Rusty2
Rusty2 (IP Logged)

21 August, 2017 16:10
Yup..we all do hope that things will fall into place & that we get a new Manager quickly.

Club was right to come out with this statement ...but it all strikes of the tail wagging the dog.

We definitely need to get rid of the Wotherspoon /Dalziel influence in this club. It should be the Board of Directors calling the shots...absolutely no one else. Why does it always have to be someone else who introduces people to the club....are the Directors totally incapable of appointing the correct people themselves.

Totally bemused by all this

vanheaver
vanheaver (IP Logged)

21 August, 2017 17:23
I agree with the above, however, as I understand it JB has no significant influence as Wotherspoon is still the majority shareholder, All JB is dong is steering a captain less ship... and don't read this as me defending JB, but in our hour of need he has stepped up to the plate and if..and its a big if he had halted a possible SFA disciplinary situation or even worse... then his actions are merited...like every thing it could and should have been handled a bit better but what is done is done.

My only concern is that it may put off any incoming manager or they maybe having 2nd thoughts. time is running out for us to have the relevant coaches/managers in place for the game on Sat.

However the board as it is have to be congratulated on the updates and for acknowledging the fans efforts in attending and supporting the team.

Mr Clean.
Mr Clean. (IP Logged)

22 August, 2017 08:25
Two sides to every story but still an absolute PR nightmare - Rights/wrongs go out the window in situations like this and its all about perceptions - when you look at EWB and then this..........it doesn't look well handled at all.

vanheaver
vanheaver (IP Logged)

22 August, 2017 16:02
I genuinely don't think you can even come close to comparing the EWB situation and to this latest one. but you are right in saying a bi of a PR mess. that said at least the clubs response was published today and as far as I know its only the Daily Ranger that has even covered the story....to me that speaks volumes.

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

22 August, 2017 16:48
Was the statement from JB about the coach prepared for purpose or off the cuff who knows ,as long as Dalziel has team up and ready like last week,all this about the coach has taken away from the good performance on sat ,Conroy had one of his better games,maybe with the young lads around him helped.

Diamond Forever
Diamond Forever (IP Logged)

22 August, 2017 17:53
Quote:
vanheaver
I genuinely don't think you can even come close to comparing the EWB situation and to this latest one. but you are right in saying a bi of a PR mess. that said at least the clubs response was published today and as far as I know its only the Daily Ranger that has even covered the story....to me that speaks volumes.

<> Timeline of events as covered in the other News thread:-

Sunday night/Monday morning - Monday's (printed) Daily Record publishes Aitchison's "blast" and the story surfaces online at the DR site early Monday morning.

Monday daytime - The club are swift to respond and JB's response goes up on the Official site late morning/lunchtime. The Daily Record posts his comments online early afternoon and the Scottish Sun follows suit late afternoon.

Hopefully some good news this week re manager and a nice wee win on Saturday?! <>

grant17
grant17 (IP Logged)

24 August, 2017 13:15
Why the hell is it taking so long to bring a new manager in?

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

24 August, 2017 13:48
Quote:
grant17
Why the hell is it taking so long to bring a new manager in?
maybe something to do with the fact they are not going to get paid has something to do with it.

vanheaver
vanheaver (IP Logged)

24 August, 2017 14:07
.....or making sure all the relevant paperwork is in place, and SPFL/SFA sign off on any appointment.
but hopefully whoever is coming in is in place for Saturdays 6 pointer

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

25 August, 2017 20:58
Who will be in the dugout for us v Alloa anyone know???????

Spitzy
Spitzy (IP Logged)

26 August, 2017 10:06
Probably Stevie Findlay and James Grant.

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

26 August, 2017 10:40
Thought Steven left to go to Q Park??I think we will be the only club that keeps it a secret who is going to be in charge .maybe our D O F not doing radio⚽️⚽️

grant17
grant17 (IP Logged)

26 August, 2017 11:20
A joke of a club

MESSAGES->author
A T I D (IP Logged)

26 August, 2017 18:05
Well what a fantastic shambles today, roll on many more......

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net