football
Latest News:

Roy of the Rovers
Roy of the Rovers (IP Logged)

Rovers Match
18 August, 2017 12:52
Nobody?

I'm reasonably confident Rovers can put one over on you. 2-0 is my prediction and we have been scoring lots of goals lately (not Tuesday but we didn't play all 1st choice men and yes, that choice had other implications) which is encouraging even if we've let in quite a few too. With Ryan gone it will be interesting to see how the game will pan out.

Chapelhall man
Chapelhall man (IP Logged)

Re: Rovers Match
18 August, 2017 13:44
I have gone for a 1-1 draw mainly because our form at Rovers has been quite good apart from that 7-2 defeat. I wonder if our team that day was worse than what we will put out tomorrow, but we will find out by full time no doubt. Ryan is a big miss and I think we will play "hard to break down". Hope one of us enjoys it or would a draw leave you content?

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

18 August, 2017 13:51
Although Ryan will be a big miss it will be the chance for the young lads to step up and show what they can do.

Mr Clean.
Mr Clean. (IP Logged)

18 August, 2017 13:59
Massive task for the (interim ?) manager here- my worry is that the youngsters simply get bullied by more experienced players

Diamond Offshore
Diamond Offshore (IP Logged)

18 August, 2017 18:43
Weans World!

No over 20's (Sm103)

Except Conroy............

grant17
grant17 (IP Logged)

19 August, 2017 16:49
One Ryan out, One Ryan in, good move by the looks of it, great result, well done

Chapelhall man
Chapelhall man (IP Logged)

19 August, 2017 18:33
Taken aback by the changes across the board in that I had no idea of what the loan players/trialists would do. Balatoni did score against us for Ayr last time we met and he did have good spells at Ayr and Thistle, so I expected him to have the guile/experience at the back despite a lack of match fitness. As I had no idea about the others apart from McGregor I was amazed that we scored so quickly and great pace from Hastie on the right with a clever finish by Tierney( Must be something about the name Ryan). Some good football for about 5 minutes till Conroy had a chancey long pass intercepted and Trouten played a superb pass through to Victoria who fairly whacked it in. Rovers did not really dominate much of the play and a smashing pass by Fry found our new Ryan controlling smartly and finishing with a good shot. The first half was ours but the second half was mainly Rovers tho' Hastie had a great chance to make it three which might have eased our worries. The defence stood up really well despite lots of Rovers threat- they shot over with their best two chances. Glad to come away with a win and the set up looked really good, especially Watt/Conroy/Fry in the middle.

Spitzy
Spitzy (IP Logged)

19 August, 2017 19:37
Andy who ?

Dobba
Dobba (IP Logged)

21 August, 2017 07:48
We looked a lot more balanced on Saturday with big McGregor back and Balatoni providing a bit of experience. We offered a threat up front and had a really good first half although couldn't quite get that 3rd goal which would have made life a bit easier. We're not yet a blend of youth and experience as the team is still generally very young but on that showing we'll pick up plenty of points against teams at this level. All in all, a good day, well pleased.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net