football
Latest News:

Dobba
Dobba (IP Logged)

Today v Forfar
05 August, 2017 20:14
Very, very poor. We took about 20/25 minutes to get into the game and had a decent-ish spell with plenty of dangerous crosses into the box, mostly by Adam Brown who had an effective first half. Lost the inevitable goal on the stroke of half time (as per usual), when their player bundled the ball (probably handled it) over the line into an apparent empty goal. Where exactly does our 'goalkeeper' go when the ball is bouncing about dangerously inside the 6 yard box?

Into the 2nd half and we were probably worse as I can't really recall their keeper making any sort of proper save. Again our 'goalkeeper' flapped at a slightly deflected shot and succeeded only in palming the ball into his net. Both feet probably left the ground as he went to his left but it wasn't an unstoppable shot - not particularly high or inside his left hand post.

Forfar were a poor team who played little football. Their game plan was to get the ball forward and into the box as often as possible - where have we heard that before? They hit the bar twice and we hit it once. Loudoun had a pretty stonewall penalty turned down by a clown of a referee when he was tripped in the box by their keeper. On another day we could have sneaked a draw but definitely never looked like taking 3 points. I considered our frailties before the game and concluded it would take a miracle to win the game and so it proved. The 'keeper' continues to let us down and the forward players don't take the few chances we create. As Forfar are one of the weaker teams in the league, I genuinely fear for us. A 3rd of the crowd were Diamonds fans and again we were let down. The agony goes on.

Diamond Forever
Diamond Forever (IP Logged)

Re: Today v Forfar
05 August, 2017 22:22
<> Would have been good for the young team to get off to a winning start...looks like a long season ahead, maybe we will be saved from relegation by a couple of worse teams than us!

Early days though! <>

grant17
grant17 (IP Logged)

06 August, 2017 06:14
Will there be anybody worse than us this season?, at least we have a consistent keeper, always pish

Rusty2
Rusty2 (IP Logged)

06 August, 2017 07:29
Yup..its gonna be a long season with very little to shout about......

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

06 August, 2017 10:57
Cannot see a couple of worse team than us in this league maybe no in the division down.we don't seem to be able to get any one to organise us on the park ,going by yesterday the players that were bad last year have started were they left off.when Brown is one of our best players you know we are in trouble ,can only hope we get a couple of good results to keep the old faithful fans happy .

Chapelhall man
Chapelhall man (IP Logged)

06 August, 2017 11:29
I did not come away from the game blaming the goalie, and I will wait to see the highlights for both goals but being at the other end of the pitch I don't think he had much chance with the second; I will apologise if I am wrong. Hard to say if there will be worse teams at this moment as I have only seen Forfar, but yes it will be a long hard season. There will be plenty to shout about mind you.

Chapelhall man
Chapelhall man (IP Logged)

06 August, 2017 15:00
Quote:
Chapelhall man
I did not come away from the game blaming the goalie, and I will wait to see the highlights for both goals but being at the other end of the pitch I don't think he had much chance with the second; I will apologise if I am wrong. Hard to say if there will be worse teams at this moment as I have only seen Forfar, but yes it will be a long hard season. There will be plenty to shout about mind you.

Watched highlights on Forfar site and I think it is harsh to blame the goalie for the 2nd.We were slow to step out and stop the shot but it had some dip on it. As for the first the angle is pretty poor to judge-in both cases Lister set up the goals! Who needed to go part time?

Rusty2
Rusty2 (IP Logged)

07 August, 2017 18:39
It really is drastic stuff.

In financial meltdown due to gross mismanagement at board level last season.......yet we are still expected to support this regime.

We have a group of young players who I am sure will give 100%. We have no Manager. We have two coaches who by all accounts are here by default. We are unable to invest by adding new players. The announcement about our coach last week was a total embarrassment.

I spite off all this we are urged to continue to support the club. I'm sure that the diehards will do this . Can anyone honestly see a future for this club ??????

I also agree with you Dobba re the keeper !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2017 19:05 by Rusty2.

Rusty2
Rusty2 (IP Logged)

09 August, 2017 10:51
Just to add.....our new head coach ( we wish him all the best) is a good friend of .....Gordon Dalziel.......who recommended him. You could hardly make it up! Where exactly do the Ballantynes come into this ?

Oh I hear everyone say .we are not in a position to be fussy.

Drastic stuff !!

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

09 August, 2017 11:30
You are right we are not in a position to be fussy but really don't want to add fuel to the fire ,on a brighter note some of the moves on sat were good just not enough of them ,only my opinion the ball did maybe dip but I don't think keeper saw it till last minute and you can bet if it had been the other end it would have been saved.Rohan seems to be better when called on to make reflex saves .

Spitzy
Spitzy (IP Logged)

09 August, 2017 14:33
Dalziel is the Director of Football, employed by the major shareholder. It's his job to recommend and recruit coaches.

Rusty2
Rusty2 (IP Logged)

09 August, 2017 15:47
Hold on..did he not say he is going back to Radio Clyde this week ?

Also surely the final say on recruitments should be the Board..Wotherspoon is no longer a Director

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2017 15:50 by Rusty2.

grant17
grant17 (IP Logged)

09 August, 2017 16:52
F**k ditherspoon, he knows nothing about football, as he showed, unfortunately the clown still has a say

Rusty2
Rusty2 (IP Logged)

09 August, 2017 16:54
Yup..totally agree. He should go now and sell his shares for £2.50 !

Spitzy
Spitzy (IP Logged)

09 August, 2017 17:31
Don't call the alligator "big mouth" till you have crossed the river.

and Dalziel only works for radio Clyde mostly on a Saturday.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net