football
Latest News:

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8

Chapelhall man
Chapelhall man (IP Logged)

Re: Airdrie FC News Update 311 - Aug/Sep 2017
28 September, 2017 15:41
I was just hoping we might get some money, no doubt undisclosed, and I agree he would not feature in that squad's first team. As to all the departed managers and their current whereabouts it is a mixed bunch indeed. Only Danny Lennon might deserve a wee shot?

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

28 September, 2017 16:43
Take Danny Lennon anytime,something has got to happen soon .

Diamond Offshore
Diamond Offshore (IP Logged)

28 September, 2017 18:59
Ah well!

Just wishful thinking, on my part......

Diamond Forever
Diamond Forever (IP Logged)

28 September, 2017 19:10
<> Danny Lennon would be an acceptable choice (for many I assume?) however whether he would want to come or indeed has been considered is another matter. Bear in mind Lennon was a friend of EWB, given how that relationship broke down between him and the club might make Lennon very wary about coming to us, especially when TW is still in the background. <>

Diamond Forever

28 September, 2017 19:18
> Tom Fry says the team are desperate for points, and the Infographic points to an Airdrie win this Saturday - [www.airdriefc.com]

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

29 September, 2017 12:03
Stephen Findley new boss!he knows the club ,done a good job here already with young team,he will be keen to get of to a winning start over his former employers.Deserves a chance so good luck to him,

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

29 September, 2017 16:51
Stevie Findley ,must have got this wrong never seen anything else mentioned.

Chapelhall man

29 September, 2017 17:57
Lets give him a chance and see where we are by 18 games or maybe he needs to beat QP! I did think it would be internal given our "official" financial condition but it removes the uncertainty for a wee while.

Diamond Forever

30 September, 2017 10:09
> Here then is the official announcement - [www.airdriefc.com]

> The Aberdeen Evening Express (!) picks up on the news - [www.eveningexpress.co.uk]

> What Stevie said 2 years ago when leaving Airdrie - [www.dailyrecord.co.uk]

> What the fans think - [www.pieandbovril.com]

> Reaction here too - [en-gb.facebook.com]

> Queen's Park looking to take their chances today - [www.queensparkfc.co.uk]

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 30/09/2017 10:20 by Diamond Forever.

Diamond Forever

30 September, 2017 17:09
> Match stats from today's good win over QP - [www.bbc.co.uk]

> Scott Stewart bags 2 goals and Man of the Match! - [mobile.twitter.com]

> Thoughts on the game - [www.pieandbovril.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 30/09/2017 17:13 by Diamond Forever.

Chapelhall man

30 September, 2017 17:29
The kind of game you have to win and we did it, after conceding a poor equaliser. Stewart took his goals really well and Furtado had three assists and scored himself so up front it looked quite good for long spells. Some really good saves by their goalie kept it to 1-1 at half time. A long ball let Furtado get away and he crossed really well to Fry who hit the post but Dean cairns had chased up to support and scored. The third was coolness itself and I thought Furtado used some real muscle to out play their CBs for the fourth. QP were quite neat but really punch less for most of the game-only a howler from Brownlie set up a great shot by their No 6( I think) . It is always said you should only criticise a Ref when your team win so Mr Graham had some bizarre moments and allowed them to steal yards at throw ins all day as well as somehow thinking that Fitzpatrick could do anything to stop their Number 6 assaulting him in the technical area! To be fair he was just as bad for them sometimes but Oh dear. Still think we look a bottom half side but the other scores today reveal how unpredictable the League is. I would have given Furtado the MOM but Stewart shows he is not a RB! Thought Hastie was lazy for most of the game but still like Watt

Diamond Forever

30 September, 2017 17:34
Quote:
Chapelhall man
The kind of game you have to win and we did it, after conceding a poor equaliser. Stewart took his goals really well and Furtado had three assists and scored himself so up front it looked quite good for long spells. Some really good saves by their goalie kept it to 1-1 at half time. A long ball let Furtado get away and he crossed really well to Fry who hit the post but Dean cairns had chased up to support and scored. The third was coolness itself and I thought Furtado used some real muscle to out play their CBs for the fourth. QP were quite neat but really punch less for most of the game-only a howler from Brownlie set up a great shot by their No 6( I think) . It is always said you should only criticise a Ref when your team win so Mr Graham had some bizarre moments and allowed them to steal yards at throw ins all day as well as somehow thinking that Fitzpatrick could do anything to stop their Number 6 assaulting him in the technical area! To be fair he was just as bad for them sometimes but Oh dear. Still think we look a bottom half side but the other scores today reveal how unpredictable the League is. I would have given Furtado the MOM but Stewart shows he is not a RB! Thought Hastie was lazy for most of the game but still like Watt

<> Maybe Scott Stewart was reading the earlier comments on here about him and was out to prove a point! 😜 <>

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

30 September, 2017 17:50
Team done well ,needed to win and did,Scot Stewart 2goal man of the match so well done to him .still think any move to Ross County a bit premature.good start for manager ,was Fitz trying to get a punch at the boy!! Sent to stand again at least it shows passion.

Diamond Forever

01 October, 2017 13:27
> So we close off another Airdrie Update with some last reports on the end of the month win:-

[www.airdriefc.com]

Self inflicted wounds keep Queen's in the basement - [www.queensparkfc.co.uk]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2017 13:30 by Diamond Forever.

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net