football
Latest News:

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
MESSAGES->author
Chris Mac (IP Logged)

New manager announcement......
21 July, 2017 12:50
I know people are getting anxious about who the new manager will be and when the announcements going to get made, but if it was me I wouldn't announce who it was until the 31st of July.

Why? Well managers reputations come from performances and victories and I wouldn't want to start my new career with a developing team facing three teams from leagues above us. Any victories and the pressure is on for the league, three loses and the usual suspects will have you written off before the seasons really started.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/07/2017 12:51 by Chris Mac.

MESSAGES->author
A T I D (IP Logged)

Re: New manager announcement......
21 July, 2017 14:07
Chris you are a big tw@

I saw the headline and thought the next victim had been announced.......

(Sm100)

What you say sounds about right as no one would really want a potential sound thrashing by a few [hurts to say] bigger teams before you can influence team selection or strategies.

Spitzy
Spitzy (IP Logged)

21 July, 2017 16:36
Well done.
You caught a few with that headline.

MESSAGES->author
Chris Mac (IP Logged)

21 July, 2017 19:19
Oops there was no intention of this being a wind up but that makes it all the funnier (Sm115)

My apologies.

MESSAGES->author
A T I D (IP Logged)

21 July, 2017 22:26
Anyone have pliers to get the hook out my cheek.......

Well done

grant17
grant17 (IP Logged)

24 July, 2017 11:25
Still no manager (Sm119)(Sm119)(Sm119)

marcus2000
CumbyDiamond (IP Logged)

24 July, 2017 12:07
Not going to be Barry Bankrupt with debts of £1.4m according to Herald

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

24 July, 2017 12:22
Quote:
CumbyDiamond
Not going to be Barry Bankrupt with debts of £1.4m according to Herald
one year wages at Airdrie and Barry sorted😜😜😜

Rusty2
Rusty2 (IP Logged)

25 July, 2017 16:33
Absolutely no chance of anyone it looks like today.....other than Jennow !!!

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

25 July, 2017 16:44
Dalziel can do the job,he might have to be there tonight.

Rusty2
Rusty2 (IP Logged)

26 July, 2017 17:32
What I dont get about all this..Mark Wilson resigned ......now we are being told there is no cash for another manager .....surely funds were freed up from his departure.

But as always there are far too many unanswered questions

What is the deal with Dalziel ??
Who is paying the compensation to EWB ??

Forget the financial implications just for a minute. A football club without a Manager is like a rudderless ship. If the club is unable to fill this gap there is no hope.

Sort it out NOW

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

26 July, 2017 18:25
Someone is giving them instructions if last night is anything to go by I hope it continues.Looking forward to seeing the team again.

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

26 July, 2017 18:25
Someone is giving them instructions if last night is anything to go by I hope it continues.Looking forward to seeing the team again.

Diamond Forever
Diamond Forever (IP Logged)

26 July, 2017 19:25
Quote:
Rusty2
What I dont get about all this..Mark Wilson resigned ......now we are being told there is no cash for another manager .....surely funds were freed up from his departure.
But as always there are far too many unanswered questions

What is the deal with Dalziel ??
Who is paying the compensation to EWB ??

Forget the financial implications just for a minute. A football club without a Manager is like a rudderless ship. If the club is unable to fill this gap there is no hope.

Sort it out NOW

<> I don't think it's as straightforward as saying there's cash freed up from Wilson let's go and find and pay another manager. Given the club's major backer more or less pulled the plug then unfortunately the financial implications cannot be forgotten. The club was technically insolvent in June, I would hazard a guess the club has held off appointing a manager until the players were paid, and money came in from the League Cup games and crucially season ticket sales. Hence the delay, and there would be no surprises if Jennow was hired permanently, although as mentioned on the news thread the way Dalziel is talking it will be someone from outside.

I understand your frustration, thankfully it so far doesn't seem to have affected the players given the results and attitude - perhaps Dalziel has a more positive influence and understanding than we thought?! <>

Rusty2
Rusty2 (IP Logged)

26 July, 2017 21:26
It was a decent result last nite and credit to the players.

But honestly...everyone is totally fed up with the disinformation/confusion coming from the club...it does not breed confidence. Everything need to be sorted out properly.

We all understand the financial problems...but surely they must have the correct basic structure in place. Many other clubs have financial difficulties..but at least they can get the basics right.

The influence of Wotherspoon is still hanging around...look what he has done to this club !!

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

27 July, 2017 07:50
Aye,things look a bit better on the field than off it.

Diamond Forever

27 July, 2017 11:22
Quote:
Rusty2
It was a decent result last nite and credit to the players.
But honestly...everyone is totally fed up with the disinformation/confusion coming from the club...it does not breed confidence. Everything need to be sorted out properly.

We all understand the financial problems...but surely they must have the correct basic structure in place. Many other clubs have financial difficulties..but at least they can get the basics right.

The influence of Wotherspoon is still hanging around...look what he has done to this club !!

<> Whilst he has probably lost a fair bit of money I would like to think that TW would honour his word and give the shares to the fans (Trust) - for a nominal £1 sum?! This is unlikely to happen and is probably a fanciful notion on my part, though I wonder if "my door is always open" for a discussion on this?!

Not that I am one for folk to be sacked left, right and centre, but Jennow has more lives than a cat:- brought in under EWB's "philosophy" (poor fellow was still wittering on about that on the tv on Tuesday night), presided over a terrible Development League campaign, managed to survive McBride and Wilson's departure (usually the manager's right hand man goes too) and now at the helm (although a comment on P & B suggests Dalziel took more say/control after the Clyde defeat).

Based on his ability to remain at the club given those circumstances there would be no surprise in either him getting the gig or at the very least remaining as a coach in some capacity! <>

Rusty2
Rusty2 (IP Logged)

28 July, 2017 16:16
Tend to agree that Jennow look to be more than safe now..and must be No 1 contender for the job.Its a sorry state of affairs.

Lot of supporters full of enthusiasm after the performance on Tuesday...good luck to them all.

I've said this before...I have absolutely no confidence in the present Board of Directors and their decision making. The Ballantyne family have of course been good servants to the club..but sorry.. that is where it ends for me. There are far too many issues that have not been handled properly and still need to be addressed. Partly maybe the Wotherspoon legacy. A lot of the support need to wake up and smell the coffee !!

Diamond Forever

28 July, 2017 19:03
Quote:
Rusty2
Tend to agree that Jennow look to be more than safe now..and must be No 1 contender for the job.Its a sorry state of affairs.
Lot of supporters full of enthusiasm after the performance on Tuesday...good luck to them all.

I've said this before...I have absolutely no confidence in the present Board of Directors and their decision making. The Ballantyne family have of course been good servants to the club..but sorry.. that is where it ends for me. There are far too many issues that have not been handled properly and still need to be addressed. Partly maybe the Wotherspoon legacy. A lot of the support need to wake up and smell the coffee !!

<> Jennow must surely be the cheapest option - pay him a wee bit more than what he's on just now and hey presto you have a manager (and he's not going to turn down the opportunity is he?). The alternative is to find a whole new salary for a new manager, which may of course still happen (sums to be added up after Tuesday night v Partick and season tickets?!)...

As for JB, I have a lot of respect for him - unfortunately he has lost that with some fans given that carry on with a possible move to Cliftonhill, plus of course the latest events surrounding TW and the "negotiations" with Ravenscraig. I think he has the best intentions at heart, it's just his communication and perhaps not wanting to be seen as disappointing or letting the fans down has bearing on how he goes about things. <>

grant17
grant17 (IP Logged)

02 August, 2017 06:57
3 days until the league starts back, and still no manager, what a joke, ditherspoon comes in, turns us in to a shambles of a club, then the little c**t walks away and leaves JB to pick up the pieces

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net