football
Latest News:

DIAMOND DIEHARD
DIAMOND DIEHARD (IP Logged)

CLYDE FRIENDLY
04 July, 2017 21:51
I went along tonight in the hope that one of our main weaknesses from last season -- the Goalie had improved or looked a bit more confident. Unfortaunately he was just as bad, probably worse than I remember him.
While we played reasonably well in the first half, we rarely looked like scoring.
We had at least 4 corner kicks with the usual lack of any threat.
Clyde got their first corner, goalie Ferguson let it squirm through his hands for another corner, which was then headed into the net. Start of second half, an up and under dropped virtually on the goaline and our goalie again lost the ball and basically palmed it into his own net. Oh dear !!!!!
While it is only an early pre season friendly, I`m afraid imho the goalie will cost us many goals again, just as he did last year. I really wish I could see some improvement in him, but it looks like it will be panic stations again when any ball is lifted into our penalty box.
Ryan again looked our main threat and put himself about as usual, Some of the others had good touches, our movement was reasonably good, but pretty punchless. One good sign was when we brought on young Cameron Russell(?), and he looked quite lively and scored a terrific goal near the end. Hopefully there will be a few additions which will improve our defence a bit and give Ryan some support up front.

Chapelhall man
Chapelhall man (IP Logged)

Re: CLYDE FRIENDLY
05 July, 2017 12:45
No disagreement here.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net