football
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
Chris Mac (IP Logged)

Play Off prices as expected.
08 May, 2017 15:05
Following Saturday's win and third place finish, Airdrieonians now face a Championship Play-off semi final against Alloa Athletic.

The home leg is this Wednesday, May 10, with a 7:45pm kick off.

Season Tickets are not valid for play-off games, so normal gate prices will apply.

The prices are £16 adults, £10 concessions & £7 under 16s. Concessions are over 60s, students & disabled. Disabled and Carer Tickets are £10 in total & these should be pre-ordered.

MESSAGES->author
A T I D (IP Logged)

Re: Play Off prices as expected.
08 May, 2017 17:22
Reward for a long suffering season...........not @ Airdrie

Not sure what other teams do but a reduction would have been appreciated.....

grant17
grant17 (IP Logged)

08 May, 2017 18:24
Alloa are charging normal gate prices in the second leg

diamonds77
diamonds77 (IP Logged)

08 May, 2017 19:12
Alloa season tickets are valid for there home leg !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2017 19:13 by diamonds77.

MESSAGES->author
Chris Mac (IP Logged)

08 May, 2017 19:17
Yeah but that's because they hope to get 300 Airdrie fans through the gate paying full price.

Rusty2
Rusty2 (IP Logged)

08 May, 2017 19:51
Here we go.....This is the club with the Trust at its helm..and who are all doing great things..thank goodness.

Then we have those responsible for the football decisions. Yes the club needs financial support of course. However on a day such as Wednesday you would think they would want to have a bumper crowd to roar the team on and progress in the play offs.

Yet once again..total silence...not a whisper about reduced prices etc.Why?????

Honestly they dont deserve success.....they really dont care !

Glenmavis Diamond
Glenmavis Diamond (IP Logged)

08 May, 2017 20:52
So because they're covering their overheads they don't care and don't deserve success? Are the club going to get a price reduction from the stadium company? Hardly. While I'd love to pay less to get in, it's not a surprise the club are charging full price.

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

08 May, 2017 21:01
Would be nice if they would lay on a bus if we do well on wed .I Personaly stay nearer Alloa than Airdrie but would be good if we got a good support ,some of the boys that were at East Fife get that singing going.

Rusty2
Rusty2 (IP Logged)

08 May, 2017 21:05
On a personal basis I couldn.t care less.

However most other clubs can come up with incentives to attract more support.

Never can I remember Airdrie doing anything at all.

If we can pay for a DOF who never attends games............

grant17
grant17 (IP Logged)

08 May, 2017 21:51
Unfortunately, as GD says in his post, stadium owners won't reduce rent for the game, so probably why prices can't be reduced, I also agree with Rusty2 about Dalziel, waste of money, can't see where we are benefiting from this

Chapelhall man
Chapelhall man (IP Logged)

09 May, 2017 11:19
Not surprised at the prices; the principle was set many years ago when Season tickets only covered League games and I think one cup game. I presume the players' wages in play offs means a higher bill for annual wage bill/rent of stadium/Stewarding etc ,so it has an effect on the gate charges? A nice wee neat number of 15 quid/10 quid/5 quid etc might have meant no struggle at the turnstile, to find the odd pound or odd change, would have been a good gesture after a difficult home season of attracting marginal fans? Be interesting to see how many away fans travel to the first leg.

Airdrietoon1985
Airdrietoon1985 (IP Logged)

09 May, 2017 20:23
Everybody loves a bargain but, business is business folks.

Chapelhall man
Chapelhall man (IP Logged)

09 May, 2017 20:46
Quote:
Airdrietoon1985
Everybody loves a bargain but, business is business folks.

Many retail businesses run "loss leaders" to attract marginal customers: BOGOF offers are also business targets; Might attract car drivers who then pay 2 quid for car park? Although I did not expect the Board to change previous policies, it might make them think about the situation when we win over the two legs!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net