football
Latest News:

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Rusty2
Rusty2 (IP Logged)

Who is to blame for this mess?
15 April, 2017 16:07
Looks very much like that we will be spending yet another season in the Diddy League as a full time club. Desperate stuff.

Well we can blame the many poor performances from individual players..there have been many.

We can blame the coaches.....Wilson and that useless DOF.

But who made all of this possible ????????

Still in a play off spot ..but lets not kid ourselves..we are rank rotten !!

MESSAGES->author
A T I D (IP Logged)

Re: Who is to blame for this mess?
15 April, 2017 16:12

Not after next week by the looks of things.......

Airdrietoon1985
Airdrietoon1985 (IP Logged)

15 April, 2017 16:45
We would only humiliate ourselves in the Championship anyway.

Rusty2
Rusty2 (IP Logged)

15 April, 2017 16:56
People going on about a poor keeper......players swearing at the fans.....if these were the only problems........

Unless Ditherspoon gets his act together..this club is going nowhere!

grant17
grant17 (IP Logged)

15 April, 2017 17:22
Only one person to blame, Ditherspoon, he brough in the 2 idiots, Dalziel & Pascoe, as above post says, another season in the diddy league, sad thing is, we are the biggest diddy s in the league, thanks ditherspoon

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

15 April, 2017 17:38
Sandy Stewart no going to help save our season!!!!!!!

Rusty2
Rusty2 (IP Logged)

15 April, 2017 17:46
Yup..here we are floundering away in the 3rd tier of Scottish football.

The club remains a shambles and the outlook is bleak.

Where do we go from here?

15 April, 2017 19:04
Quote:
Rusty2

- is it down to the lake, I fear? Ah- yah yah yah yah ah, Ah yah ah yah yah yah ya ah"

MESSAGES->author
A T I D (IP Logged)

15 April, 2017 20:10
Quote:
The real Desmond Dekker
Quote:
Rusty2

- is it down to the lake, I fear? Ah- yah yah yah yah ah, Ah yah ah yah yah yah ya ah"

CONGRATS

1st time I've seen HAIRCUT 100 squeezed into a thread, impressive work........

Chapelhall man
Chapelhall man (IP Logged)

15 April, 2017 22:13
Quote:
A T I D
Not after next week by the looks of things.......

As I said elsewhere it would be advisable we miss the top four but apart from QP everyone else looks as bad. I think we can't be relegated but amazingly/mathematically we are still in line for playoffs at both ends! Felt a wee bit confident today but when you have such a poor form goalie playing every week we are getting what our set up deserves.

Glenmavis Diamond
Glenmavis Diamond (IP Logged)

15 April, 2017 22:56
Not a single post on here last week when we beat Brechin 3-1.

By when we lose a game there's a thread within the hour of the same old misery.

Yes we are rank rotten, I agree, but The Stomp has become the moaning ground of Airdrie woes now. It used to be a balanced representation of both the good and the bad, but these days it's just the bad. Might as well shut it down.

slowhand
slowhand (IP Logged)

16 April, 2017 00:13
Quote:
Glenmavis Diamond

Yes we are rank rotten, I agree, but The Stomp has become the moaning ground of Airdrie woes now. It used to be a balanced representation of both the good and the bad, but these days it's just the bad. Might as well shut it down.

Why, the posts on here are a fairly accurate assessment of how fans feel about what is happening.

vanheaver
vanheaver (IP Logged)

16 April, 2017 03:44
think the lack of posts last week was due to the fact we were all stunned by the performance... but that was blow out the water today.. inept is the only word I can say to describe todays performance..

when you see the players holding their heads after the goal(s) were conceded tells you even they don't have faith in the keeper

when was the last time we had 2 20+ goals scorers and still had a negative goal difference

add to that the fact the supporters bus broke down on way home...

Afcjunior
Afcjunior (IP Logged)

16 April, 2017 07:33
Think it's fairly indicative of bad the atmosphere around the club is, only people who can change that are either unable or unwilling.

What did you expect? A ten page thread on how fantastic things are? People are genuinely concerned of the direction, or lack there off, that the club is heading, no one win will cure that.

Quote:
Glenmavis Diamond

To be the man, you've got to beat the man....

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

16 April, 2017 07:50
I did put a post on after the Brechin game saying just that ,more post on when we get beat,I think someone thought I got it the wrong way round.As far as the player of the year is concerned the players want to take a good hard look at themselves then most of them pack it in ,getting wages for being footballers ,that's taking money under false pretences.Can't understand why we don't grap someone of the street,put him or her in goals they will be no worse than what we have.player for player only my opinion this is the worst team we have had and I go back a long way .You can make excuses they are young or old or whatever we are meant to be a full time Airdrie team and you all know we are a long way from that.

grant17
grant17 (IP Logged)

16 April, 2017 10:57
Only reason we are in the play off position is due to the fact East Fife and Brechin are both throwing away points, not because of what we are doing, personally, i think we would lose play offs, if we reach them, can you imagine winning promotion to the championship with this team and that @#$%& of a keeper?, would be better if ditherspoon brings in a new manager for next season, one that knows what he is doing, and maybe we could get somewhere

Chapelhall man
Chapelhall man (IP Logged)

16 April, 2017 11:19
I certainly posted after the brechin game but bad news always spreads quicker. I also thought with 15 defeats it was amazing to see us still in Play offs at top but today I saw brechin had lost 16. So it does look like we are all duff apart from QP who have of course gained more points than goals scored-defence matters.

grant17
grant17 (IP Logged)

16 April, 2017 11:38
All duff except for Livingston, QP have only won one in the last seven, the rest have been draws, which has pulled them up

MESSAGES->author
A T I D (IP Logged)

16 April, 2017 12:05
The reason we don't post when things go well (not too often this year) is we know not to get carried away as the next week we will be rank rotten.

We have No 2 & 3 in the league goal scoring chart but still we are in a dire position due to poor defending and (sorry Rohan) a lump of wood in goals. I know we are hard work to sit and watch but we can score goals which proves it is not all doom and gloom. The defence is constantly poor with mistake after mistake which we can ill afford as the keeper could not catch a cold.

I think we will finish outside the playoffs as we do not deserve any better with the inconsistency each week but who knows we might just romp home with full points from the remaining games and demolish all who come before us in the playoffs and who knows we might end up with a Motherwell derby next season..............

Anyway back to bed with me for I see matron coming with my medication...... (Sm123)

Airdrie101
Airdrie101 (IP Logged)

16 April, 2017 12:11
First off, I am a long time fan watching from a far (USA) so I cannot comment on the games. Fair enough if you want management out but calling the owner Ditherspoon is baffling to me, if you are going to criticize someone at least call them their actual name unless you are a child. Or you can buy the club and invest in the worst investment hobby 3rd tier Scottish football. Not having a go at anyone but at least use his real name, if he wasn't around we wouldn't have a club, bad result, I look for the result right away on a Saturday but don't go down to the levels of making up names or people you are criticizing.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net