football
Latest News:

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Diamond Forever
Diamond Forever (IP Logged)

Airdrie Update 309 - April/May 2017
02 April, 2017 14:36
<> It's the last Update of the regular season as once again we highlight what's old and new on all things Airdrie FC - players, managers, fans, results, gossip etc... Limited service (no links) at the moment, back to normal later in the month...

> Diamonds come away with a draw at Balmoor but with 2 clearances off the line and 1 missed penalty it perhaps should have been a win. Match report now up on the Official Site.

> Fans debate the result v Peterhead on Pie & Bovril, plus Sandy Stewart's appearance in the dugout.

<>

Diamond Forever

Re: Airdrie Update 309 - April/May 2017
02 April, 2017 22:27
> Highlights now up on the Official site.

Chapelhall man
Chapelhall man (IP Logged)

03 April, 2017 13:44
Saw them and if only Mensing had a bigger backside than McCallister when in defence, but on the other hand it came in handy in the equalizer! With other results and fixtures the Brechin home game will tell us if it's " disappointment" or end of season hope feelings.
McIntosh scores again at Peterhead so keep him in team. Still can't believe McKay is playing but as I was not there I am maybe being unfair.

Diamond Forever

03 April, 2017 19:09
Quote:
Chapelhall man
Saw them and if only Mensing had a bigger backside than McCallister when in defence, but on the other hand it came in handy in the equalizer! With other results and fixtures the Brechin home game will tell us if it's " disappointment" or end of season hope feelings.
McIntosh scores again at Peterhead so keep him in team. Still can't believe McKay is playing but as I was not there I am maybe being unfair.

<> If we get into the play offs it will be the wallpaper papering over the cracks - we will have only done so because other teams have been as poor and dropped as many points as us, the management set up this season has been a shambles, the players - oh dear, and don't get me started on the nonsense off the field that IMO is undermining all the good work the Trust has and is doing...

Anyway, Brechin thread now up on Pie & Bovril. <>

grant17
grant17 (IP Logged)

03 April, 2017 19:49
I cant see us getting to play offs, so if we are still in league one next season, do you think Wotherspoon will make changes?, ie manager and DOF?, as in getting rid off?, and bringing in someone with experience

Diamond Forever

03 April, 2017 20:10
Quote:
grant17
I cant see us getting to play offs, so if we are still in league one next season, do you think Wotherspoon will make changes?, ie manager and DOF?, as in getting rid off?, and bringing in someone with experience

<> I can't see us getting into the play off either, but if (by some minor miracle) we do then as far as TW is concerned it will be "mission accomplished" as that was always the intended goal from the start of the season. What might happen then is that TW might feel he wants to stick with GD & MW until at least Christmas - even if we don't go up.

If we don't make the play offs then the thought would be that TW will get shot of them both, although you get the feeling the way Dalziel is coming across on the radio is that he is going to be around next season!

Big game on Saturday (groan, yes even v Brechin) but again you get the feeling a lot can happen in the few remaining games. <>

grant17
grant17 (IP Logged)

03 April, 2017 20:45
I dont see what Dalziel has to offer,nor wilson, results are showing that

03 April, 2017 21:05
Having just watched the highlights of the Peterhead match it looks like the Peterhead keeper has been closely watching Rohan Ferguson's best-selling DVD, "My guide to goalkeeping".

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

03 April, 2017 21:18
Quote:
grant17
you are right he offers nothing maybe he just likes to watch Wilson scratching his beard when he does after match interviews.

grant17
grant17 (IP Logged)

03 April, 2017 21:30
Quote:
jetsky
Quote:
grant17
you are right he offers nothing maybe he just likes to watch Wilson scratching his beard when he does after match interviews.
, Probably, lol

Diamond Forever

04 April, 2017 10:45
> Kyle Hutton bags Player of the Month for March.

> Iain Russell's goal v Albion Rovers has been nominated for the SPFL Goal of the Month (March).

> Kitman Jim Frame celebrates 70 years.

> The Jamie Lee Curtis & Christopher Guest Airdrie top fetches £1230.

> Scotland Rocks concert this Friday night at the Workmens Club in Airdrie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2017 10:46 by Diamond Forever.

Rusty2
Rusty2 (IP Logged)

04 April, 2017 15:39
..........Wotherspoon sighted with Lord Lucan

Diamond Forever

07 April, 2017 23:18
Quote:
Rusty2
..........Wotherspoon sighted with Lord Lucan

<> (Sm102) (Sm6) <>

> Looking ahead to the Brechin clash Kyle Hutton thanks the fans for voting for him as Player of the Month and says Airdrie can beat Brechin and push on into the play off positions.

> Nearly £5k is raised by the sale of the Airdrie signed tops.

> Home top stays the same for next season and the away top will change at Christmas.

grant17
grant17 (IP Logged)

08 April, 2017 10:55
A nice touch if they are keeping the home strip again for next season, but why wait until xmas to bring out the away top

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

08 April, 2017 18:02
A must win game ,and we did win so well done to Mark Wilson and the team, same again at Stranraer,

Chapelhall man

08 April, 2017 19:07
Got another predicted result, if not the score, and like the team I am moving up the league in a last season burst. Deserved to win today for that first half and two great goals even if we still looked a bit dodgy at the back. Hutton was very good as was Russell and whilst Andy Ryan was a bit off it, he did keep their back line worried. Great break and pass by Scott Stewart for the third, which stopped us sweating after that predictable concession of a goal from a combination of goalie hesitancy and inability to head away an inswinger. Brechin did begin to have a lot of possession and their long ball down the middle caused some panics. The goalie did make an excellent save and when Brown played a great through ball I thought Russell would get three but hey ho. They did miss a few pinches but I thought we were better overall. Now on to Stranraer who somehow lost three to the Rovers! Still doubt our quality in a play off but hopes are soaring of a positive end-oh no does that mean DOF will stay?

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

09 April, 2017 08:26
2posts when we win 42when we get beat ,credit where credit is due a good win yesterday.

grant17
grant17 (IP Logged)

09 April, 2017 11:14
A bit of an improvement in the run in, agree, credit where credit is due, good 3 points, hopefully carry it on in the remaining games

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

09 April, 2017 11:39
It's a measure of where we are ,3-1 home win against Brechin is a great win,Mark Wilson said its no worth nothing if we get beat at Stranraer ,good positive thinking Mark.

Chapelhall man

09 April, 2017 12:10
Quote:
jetsky
2posts when we win 42when we get beat ,credit where credit is due a good win yesterday.

Its the opposite of the quote( I think) that success has many fathers but failure has few. I have been frustrated for much of the season but they deserve credit for yesterday. The influence of the DOF is still another matter.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net