football
Latest News:

Rusty2
Rusty2 (IP Logged)

Sandy Stewart
02 April, 2017 07:18
Reports are he has been in the dugout recently helping out. I know there are mixed opinions regarding him albeit he is an Airdrie legend. Who would have him back as Manager?

However the bigger picture is more confused than ever..now there's a surprise!

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

Re: Sandy Stewart
02 April, 2017 07:37
Have him back right now,a lot more experience than he had first time round,lost out to a late goal first season won the league the next,and someone who really cared about Airdrie ,have him back in a minute.

grant17
grant17 (IP Logged)

02 April, 2017 11:22
Would love to see Sandy Stewart back

Rusty2
Rusty2 (IP Logged)

02 April, 2017 15:59
Yup..I would love to see him back..at least we would have someone with now a good bit of experience ..and 100% Airdrie. However lets have a look into the mind of the Chairman(Sm157).........he cant give an opinion as he and the DOF have gone fishing & dont care

grant17
grant17 (IP Logged)

02 April, 2017 16:56
Hope they fall in, pair of f*nnys, (Sm6)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2017 16:59 by grant17.

Sandy Jamieson
Sandy Jamieson (IP Logged)

03 April, 2017 12:10
No thanks, got us relegated the last time he was at the club.

Chapelhall man
Chapelhall man (IP Logged)

03 April, 2017 12:40
Quote:
Sandy Jamieson

Sandy Stewart was sacked as manager on Monday 13Nov06 and indeed contributed to a very poor start that season but I think it was Kenny Black( and the players) who got us relegated that season by his playoff tactics at Stirling when 2 up with 10 minutes to go. We certainly have never really recovered from that scenario and I never like the idea of returning players( except Owen Coyle) so returning managers would be just as bad. But anyone would be better than our current DOF.

grant17
grant17 (IP Logged)

03 April, 2017 12:48
As jetsky says, he has a lot more experience than he had the last time, would like to see him back, cant see it happening though

03 April, 2017 17:22
[quote Sandy Jamieson]No thanks, got us relegated the last time he was at the club.[/quote However he did get us promoted in season 2003/04.

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

03 April, 2017 20:12
Got a feeling Sandy will be looking for bigger pay packets than we can afford,he is a bit to experienced for us.we would be very lucky to get him now,but any help or input from him would be good.

Sandy Jamieson
Sandy Jamieson (IP Logged)

06 April, 2017 09:13
Quote:
Chapelhall man
Quote:
Sandy Jamieson

Sandy Stewart was sacked as manager on Monday 13Nov06 and indeed contributed to a very poor start that season but I think it was Kenny Black( and the players) who got us relegated that season by his playoff tactics at Stirling when 2 up with 10 minutes to go. We certainly have never really recovered from that scenario and I never like the idea of returning players( except Owen Coyle) so returning managers would be just as bad. But anyone would be better than our current DOF.
Apologies,in my befuddled brain, I was certain that Sandy took us down to the third tier.Now that I know that it was KB, yes lets give Sandy another chance!!

Chapelhall man
Chapelhall man (IP Logged)

06 April, 2017 17:31
[Apologies,in my befuddled brain, I was certain that Sandy took us down to the third tier.Now that I know that it was KB, yes lets give Sandy another chance!![/quote]

Befuddled brain is part of supporting Airdrie. Can't see it as long term affordable but who knows?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net