football
Latest News:

Airdrietoon1985
Airdrietoon1985 (IP Logged)

Stenhousemuir game!
18 March, 2017 21:50
What a nice wee victory that was. A lovely dominant display. Just a pity that there was only the one goal. As I said on P&B, if Ryan had been playing we could've had a shed load!

What die ya'll think of the performance? I was particularly impressed by Mensing today. He was m.o.m for me. Hutton was great too, although he had a few howlers in the first 20 mins.
Leitch for me seemed a bit lost today although he sliced open their depleted defence a few times towards the end.

I thought we defended solidly and really shut them down, particularly in the 2nd half.

Guy beside me was still ripping into Russell, even after the final whistle. A few amateur theatrics, but thought he was great myself.

Still sure we'll get hammered next week, but this was a somewhat unexpected three points!

The fight goes on!!!

♢♢♢

Spitzy
Spitzy (IP Logged)

Re: Stenhousemuir game!
19 March, 2017 07:01
5 at the back worked well. More solid and secure, a platform to build play, as they kept a good shape throughout the game. My man of the match was Gorman, who played well defensively, and was involved at the goal. Their goalie saving well from his header from the corner, with Russell knocking home the loose ball. The team were unlucky not to score a few more, but, for the first time in ages, I felt that we weren't going to lose any silly goals at the back.

marcus2000
CumbyDiamond (IP Logged)

Re: Stenhousemuir game!
20 March, 2017 12:27
For me Conroy was MOM really put himself about & great free kick for the goal also thought Russell put in a shift as did Hutton. Defense still had a couple of lapses but recovered well & Gorman & Mensing on the whole were fairly solid.
Stewart kept the diver Cook fairly quiet.

fail to understand that if Ryan failed fitness test what was he doing on bench & hope he's fit for Livvy as Leitch will be suspended & I would imagine that will be the only change next week.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net