football
Latest News:

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
AirdrieAggro
AirdrieAggro (IP Logged)

Poll:Wilson/Dalziel Future
16 March, 2017 13:27

A poll on what the fans think about Wilson/Dalziel's future.

Wilson Out
Dalziel out
Wilson and Dalziel out
Give Wilson a chance

You must be logged in to vote.

26 Votes

Show results

Diamond Offshore
Diamond Offshore (IP Logged)

Re: Poll:Wilson/Dalziel Future
16 March, 2017 19:17
You've missed out.
Give Wilson a chance and Give Wilson and Dalziel a chance!!!

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

16 March, 2017 19:27
Both out as soon as possible,if they hurt as much as the supporters,and when and if they do go I would bet they will never be near Airdrie fc again.

Airdrietoon1985
Airdrietoon1985 (IP Logged)

16 March, 2017 19:59
Dalziel definitely out. He's a hippo and contributes nothing but confusion.

Wilson, like any other manager needs money to play with. Bit unfair to hate him for not being able to do anything with his hands tied. Wotherspoon is tight as a jew.

But he likely wont get any money to play with and will likely continue to struggle and will ultimately be cast aside as a failure.

Rusty2
Rusty2 (IP Logged)

16 March, 2017 21:18
Yes I think we all agree that Wilson was thrown in at the deep end.....he's a rookie and should have had more support. Giving him more cash ..? not sure .

However he has crossed the line with his attitude to the fans..he will never recover from this..he has to go !!

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

17 March, 2017 08:49
Only my opinion if they stay the crowds will end up like Tuesday night.

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

17 March, 2017 09:03
Wilson said we always believe we can win our home games ,is he in another world I think we have won 1 out of seven ,thrown in at the deep end ,he should be ,not a clue on management,tactics ,position players should play to get the best out of them,bring on Boating on Tuesday when we need a goal,oh that's right he did score for the young team a goal every twenty years ,He cannot manage and never will be able to,got to bring in someone that has been there and done it,The old Airdrie deserve as much,

Airdrietoon1985

17 March, 2017 10:29
We are playing more or less the same team that beat QP, EF, BRechin, Alloa, P'heid and Stranraer and beat them convincingly in the Fall. In fact we have supposedly "strengthened" the team since then by bringing in 2 new defenders and scrapping Boateng, but we're on a total downward spiral. Makes no sense.

I do still believe that things wouldn't be so bad if Wilson got a bit more support from Dalziel and Wotherspoon, but it isn't going to happen. A rookie manager like Wilson doesn't have the knowledge and experience to do it alone. He resorts to making lame excuses and blaming others. His interviews after the away game at Stenny and after the home loss to Stranraer prove that he is deluded and clutching at feeble excuses.

Nothing is going to change this season. It's too late. Seems the best we can hope for is to scrape some point from somewhere and avoid relegation dogfight.

A 'review' and a total OVERHAUL will be required before August though.

The most frustrating thing for me is that as a full time team with some great players in our squad and with an ex Celtic man at the helm we should be fighting it out with Livi and this forum should be full of optimism and jolly.
But instead we discuss relegation and the fact that we have the worst goals against record in the league.
Lions led by donkeys.

♢♢♢

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 17/03/2017 10:43 by Airdrietoon1985.

grant17
grant17 (IP Logged)

17 March, 2017 11:24
Thats about right Airdrietoon1985, we can only hope we dont end up in a relegation play off as i dont think we will stay in this league, we are not good enough as results are showing that, a disgrace really considering we are a full time outfit with top training facilities, but as long as wilson and dalziel are there, i cant see a bright future for us

Chapelhall man
Chapelhall man (IP Logged)

17 March, 2017 11:56
"the best we can hope for is to scrape some point from somewhere and avoid relegation dogfight. "
Much of what AT1985 says is correct but I fear it will be POINTS that we need to survive; I have a bet that we will need 43 and given the away games we have coming it needs to start on Saturday. I hope 40 would be enough but given how close all the teams are to 40 it is a worry.

grant17
grant17 (IP Logged)

17 March, 2017 12:05
It was all looking good at the start of the season, talking about promotion etc, but not looking so good now, if we do stay up, Wotherspoon will have to get off his a**e and sort this mess out

Airdrietoon1985

17 March, 2017 13:09
I agree with grant that if we do find ourselves in a relegation playoff we would probably go down. Our form is just so deplorable.
And then where will we be? Will Wotherspoon stick with full time? Doubtful.
Will he invest? Also doubtful.
Will we be able to attract any manager with any kind of pedigree? Doubtful.

40 might not even be enough. It is one of the most 'open' leagues I've ever seen. Not long ago we were 1 game away from going top - now we're staring at the bottom drawer. East Fife were down at 7th and now they're in a playoff spot. Crazy.

Let's look at the next 5 and see where the points may come from.

Stenny tomorrow - based on last 2 meetings can't really see us getting anything.

Livi - seriously? We'll get rogered as usual.

Peterhead - mixed fortunes against them this season. Let's be optimistic and assume 3 points.

Brechin - based on Tuesdays calamity we'll say 0 points.

Stranraer - difficult one to call. Could go either way. Let's be generous and say 3 points.

That's 6 points from a possible 15 and that's being slighly generous imo. Could be 3 points from 15. Then we still have to face in form Alloa.

I know that's not a very scientific method of analysis and we can never predict results with certainty but based on form and recent meetings it really isn't encouraging.

Three points tomorrow would be an amazing achievement but Stenhousepoor have haunted us for long enough and it seems very few of us have any real confidence left.

Still, none of us support Airdrie for the glory. LoL.

vanheaver
vanheaver (IP Logged)

17 March, 2017 14:57
the bottom line is if Wilson is shown the door....which I doubt, then Dalziel has to follow as Wilson was his recommendation to the board.

The Board.. not just TW would presumably have given Dalziel approval to appoint Wilson. I'd love to know how he pitched Wilson as the man to lead the charge for promotion given that we were replacing 1 Rookie with another!

I guess we will never know as neither of the management team are willing to come and speak to the fans... SS, KB, JB and GB were all willing to speak to the fans. Maybe they like the safety of hiding in a radio Studio...if that's the case then why don't we get Ross Owen to host a radio phone in?

if Dalziel and Wilson are unwilling to discuss the current playing side then how can we respect them when all we see is the Sh!te that's put in front of us.

I cant see us getting any more than 3 points from the next 5 games and after that god only knows what attendances will be like... I know of at least 8 people where I sit who are not going Stenny game.

grant17
grant17 (IP Logged)

17 March, 2017 15:45
We are in a bad place just now with no signs of getting better, that c××t Dalziel has came in and destroyed us

Chapelhall man
Chapelhall man (IP Logged)

17 March, 2017 16:29
Was out with a fellow Airdrie Fan last night and he had got through to Clyde; asked what his topic was he'd said "Airdries form". No surprise to know that he was not called back.

Airdrietoon1985

17 March, 2017 18:02
Ha! Typical. He should said 'Anything to do with Rangers.'

grant17
grant17 (IP Logged)

17 March, 2017 18:04
He wont face or talk to the fans, sh***bag, wish he would just f*ck off back to the rock he crawled out from

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

19 March, 2017 10:19
Doesn't speak to fans,he got Conroy to do after match interview,you got to wonder if he speaks to the players .

Sandy Jamieson
Sandy Jamieson (IP Logged)

19 March, 2017 11:18
The fact that only 22 people have decided to vote shows the total apathy around the place this at the moment - me included - wont be attending the Player of the Year for the first time in yonks - @#$%& them.

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

19 March, 2017 11:54
What is the story on Ryan and his yellow cards ,will he be available for selection on sat ,(anyone) ?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net