football
Latest News:

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

Albion game
11 March, 2017 19:06
Nothing like a win to stop the posts ,last week we had plenty by this time.We done it the hard way but well done getting the three points let's try and kick on from here,as some of the problems almost came back to haunt us.

grant17
grant17 (IP Logged)

Re: Albion game
11 March, 2017 19:20
Another hard game on Tuesday against Brechin, hopefully the 3 points today maybe give us a wee boost, hoping so anyway

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

11 March, 2017 19:30
Well once again we need to score 4times to get the win,no use banging on about our defending ,be here all night.Brechin is a game we could and should win just get stuck in about them because they don't take prisoners.1-2 Airdrie,

Glenmavis Diamond
Glenmavis Diamond (IP Logged)

12 March, 2017 03:01
Quote:
jetsky
Nothing like a win to stop the posts ,last week we had plenty by this time.We done it the hard way but well done getting the three points let's try and kick on from here,as some of the problems almost came back to haunt us.

Haha totally agree. To all those people who enjoyed raging last week and said they wouldn't be back, you missed a great game!:-)
Rusty2 will have nothing to moan about this week! 😂
That's why we're Airdrie!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2017 03:02 by Glenmavis Diamond.

Rusty2
Rusty2 (IP Logged)

12 March, 2017 08:16
Aye..good result yesterday and well done.

As for you GD.....always look at the bigger picture. Let me know once you've seen it !!

Glenmavis Diamond
Glenmavis Diamond (IP Logged)

12 March, 2017 09:32
Quote:
Rusty2
Aye..good result yesterday and well done.
As for you GD.....always look at the bigger picture. Let me know once you've seen it !!

Mate I've seen it, but I can't change it. I can either continue supporting the team through thick and thin, or not.

Its because of moments like yesterday (including Russell's superb goal) that I choose the first option. 👍🏻

Diamondspur
Diamondspur (IP Logged)

12 March, 2017 10:21
Let's not get carried away another two howlers from the goalkeeper gifted them two goals yesterday by coming for balls he should have left well alone. Russells strike was an outstanding goal and at least we showed some fight to come back three times now let's buildi on it and finish strongly.

Spitzy
Spitzy (IP Logged)

12 March, 2017 10:48
Lets get carried away, and enjoy it.

Chapelhall man
Chapelhall man (IP Logged)

12 March, 2017 15:08
I did not rush to post because I had a poor internet connection!
Credit due where it is due to the players and MW.
I thought they were the better side in first half and deserved to be ahead. Rovers seemed to play their strikers out wide which did make it difficult for the full backs to be sure who to track but it was a good move for the first goal. As many have said a guy near us was on Russell's case for all of the first half and more, but did not seem to see his part in the goal. There were times when his ball control was poor but I would forgive him for his 100% effort and that wonderful shot alone. Ferguson let them back into the game at 1-1 and let us down after we scored the second( Russell and Ryan a wonderful bit of interplay) Could not see if it really was a penalty. The third goal should have finished it but the Rovers battled well in the second half and Wallace hit a cracker. I was wondering if we would collapse but that stramash got us the winner. Great excitement all day and a wonderful three points.Pity about Hutton noising up their guy and the Ref overeacting to verbals. Brechin now worth a visit but I still remain skeptical about Gordon Dalziel's role.

jetsky
jetsky (IP Logged)

12 March, 2017 16:14
Notice Kerr on subs bench ,must be worth taking a punt with him,if he is no better than Rohan ,I think he would be well advised to try a new career.

grant17
grant17 (IP Logged)

12 March, 2017 16:21
I would give Kerr a chance, surely cant be worse than Ferguson

Kenny76
Kenny76 (IP Logged)

12 March, 2017 23:32
I went along to watch my grandson play for the under15s and stayed on to watch the u dear 17s after. We should be looking to play the 17s keeper ! A Very commanding, very aware and confident keeper. Not sure if anyone has saw him play and can back me up or if it was just a one good game? K

vanheaver
vanheaver (IP Logged)

13 March, 2017 09:58
Credit where its due, it was a great 3 points...however. 1st half as a spectacle was as flat a game as I've ever seen, but we probably deserved to be ahead at half time. 2nd half Rovers came out the blocks and could have been 1 up by the time we scored our 2nd. Ferguson confidence is shot to hell, he needs a break...but don't know what the other keepers are like so don't know if we can afford to leave Ferguson out.

Russell for me prob had his best game for a long time if not all season, he seemed to be playing in behind the from 2 rather than being stuck out on the wing..a winger he isn't.

Brechin will be a tough game..esp at Glebe park and with Hutton missing but hopefully we can grab another 3 points and then we can see about maybe getting the Stenny monkey off our back on Sat.

After that I think we can start to look at relegation play off

Diamond Forever
Diamond Forever (IP Logged)

13 March, 2017 11:09
<> Flat indeed was the 1st half, though a nifty goal from Leitch going in at the interval negated the punts up to Ryan (which he had no chance of getting, though towards the end of the 1st half did better with the ball on the deck to him) and Macdonald's inept defending (he's better going forward).

Sadly Ferguson was at fault for their 1st goal (flap), their near 2nd goal which hit the post a minute later (flap x 2), and the build up to their penalty (flap x 3).

Fantastic goal from Russell (after a good cross in from Conroy), good goal from Ryan and the winner at the end was great - heads didn't go down and the team battled throughout. Mensing had a good game.

After that here's hoping the team and manager can continue at Brechin on Tuesday night. <>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net