football
Latest News:

eio eio
eio eio (IP Logged)

Close season thread
25 May, 2012 23:21
Anyone you would like to see in a diamond shirt next season ?
Any team you would like to see Airdrie play in a Pre-Season friendly ?
And what are your ambitions for next season .

Maggy Badface
Maggy Badface (IP Logged)

Re: Close season thread
26 May, 2012 07:25
Quote:
eio eio
Anyone you would like to see in a diamond shirt next season ?
Any team you would like to see Airdrie play in a Pre-Season friendly ?
And what are your ambitions for next season .
Messi is a must have for next season but more than likely need to settle for some washed up ex 1st division reject... But hey ho

smithers-jones
Sandy Jamieson (IP Logged)

26 May, 2012 08:23
After the mega disappointment of Sunday, I'm just looking forward to a scorching summer whilst watching the Euros, Team GB in the Olympics and England in the Cricket.

I couldn't give a @#$%& at this stage about the new season or pre-season friendlies.

AirdrieLad1977
AirdrieLad1977 (IP Logged)

26 May, 2012 10:08
Looking fwd to the Euro's and the Olympics.

Fingers crossed Airdrie get a tour away. Please Mr. JB!!!!!!!

Big G...
Big G... (IP Logged)

26 May, 2012 21:03
Guys, you do realise that there is every likelihood that we could end up in the First next season, if the expected implosion at Castle Grayskull takes place.

Now that is a scary thought!!!

airdrie_mucker2002
++AmmO++ (IP Logged)

27 May, 2012 09:40
In that case we must be fully prepared.

Marquee (sp?) signings of Austin McCann, Steven McDougall, Scott McLaughlin and the return of the prodigal son Allan "The Rustler Burger" "Russell are a must if we are to compete in Division Uno.
Supplement that with a spot on the bench for Former stalwart Bobby Donnelly, throw in the lads that have already signed and I think we can comfortably consolidate in Scotlands Second Highest Tier, or the SSHT as I might refer to it.

Prepapration is a must though, and no Pre Season would be a proper pre season without the ubiquitous closed doors friendly (or 5) against Queens Park, And going up would mean we could then go to a June favourite of mine..... Ochilview, A game versus a Dundee Utd XI is also a must and we could round it off with a glamour friendly vs Bo'ness??

Its a f*cking Plan . . . . GET IN THERE!!!!

MESSAGES->author
Chris Mac (IP Logged)

27 May, 2012 10:22
It all depends on how you think the team needs restructuring.

We need a keeper, no sorry we need the right keeper!
A left sided defender assuming Lovering is hanging up his boots, but we have to be prepared for the fact it won't be Paul Lovering.

Ricki Lamie will probably feature along the back line and that will decide if we need a central, left or right sided defender.

The rest of the positions are up for debate, but I don't want to see central midfielders getting used as wingers!

If we are promoted through default once again, we are never going to be able to build a team capable of fighting at the top of the first, at short notice, so i would still like to see a nucleus of young up and coming players rather than journeymen looking for a last wage.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net