Latest News:
Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
21 May, 2012 00:17 Report
AirdrieTillIDie (IP Logged)

Date Joined: Jan, 2010
Stewarding..
..or lack of it

why were the fans allowed on the park yesterday? the same thing happened when we played ayr a few years ago in the playoffs. they just seemed to let the fans on. in my opinion more of an effort should have been made to stop them from going on the park. If we were to be playing away at dumbarton would we be allowed on the park so easily? or away at ayr a few years ago too? I dont think so, seeing them on the park just rubbed it in

ReplyQuote

21 May, 2012 00:21 Report
Murraymint (IP Logged)

Date Joined: May, 2007
Re: Stewarding..
Like up at Alloa?
Like up at Kirkaldy?
Can you see a pattern emerging?

ReplyQuote

21 May, 2012 00:23 Report
cooper94 (IP Logged)

Date Joined: Apr, 2012
sour grapes let dumbarton have their day they were the better team and if we had went up i would have been one first on the pitch myself...

ReplyQuote

21 May, 2012 00:45 Report
big jim-wrexham diamond (IP Logged)

The problem I had with the stewarding was that they told the Airdrie fans who stayed behind in the stand to congratulate Dumbarton and clap them off the pitch to leave the stadium!!

ReplyQuote

21 May, 2012 00:53 Report
themask (IP Logged)

Date Joined: Feb, 2009
Who gives a @#$%&?

Let them have their day.

Some people are quick to complain about stewards being over zealous at certain grounds and now we've got people saying they are too soft? Make your minds up...

ReplyQuote

21 May, 2012 06:53 Report
Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond (IP Logged)

Date Joined: Apr, 2004
The Son's fans sang the whole game, conga'd and celebrated, they deserved to go on the park and celebrate with their players, if last Saturday had been the play-off final, we'd have been all over Somerset Park like a rash.

Their "FANS" weren't the one's on there to goad the opposition!

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsJ/8656.gif

Never disturb me when i'm having Tiffin!

ReplyQuote

21 May, 2012 08:58 Report
jester (IP Logged)

The problem wasn't the Dumbarton supporters, it was the mongs from our end going on and heading straight for them. Take your Union flags back to Ibrox.

ReplyQuote

21 May, 2012 10:23 Report
FGAU (IP Logged)

Take you nationalist politics and anti British racism to a tartan army board.

ReplyQuote

21 May, 2012 10:25 Report
cooper94 (IP Logged)

here here

ReplyQuote

21 May, 2012 10:36 Report
jester (IP Logged)

Nationalist politics my @rse! It's a rangers rag and we all know it. No surprise that the loudest shouting about the guys in the celic tops came from up where the union flags were being waved. I know at least one of the ones who went on the park is a season ticket holder at Ibrox, yet our club gets it in the neck. It's bad enough we get the huns without the bus fare tag, in future are we going to attract the huns with no need of bus fare?

ReplyQuote

21 May, 2012 12:31 Report
Benano (IP Logged)

Jester - what's your name?

ReplyQuote

21 May, 2012 12:35 Report
Murraymint (IP Logged)

I for one am happy that our club has supporters who have such catholic (small c) tastes.
Let's celibate our differences!

ReplyQuote

21 May, 2012 12:47 Report
CJB01 (IP Logged)

I've no problem with the Dumbarton supporters coming on the pitch, it was their day and they were enjoying it. Fair play to them...also fair play to them for not rising to the bait when the idiot from our end went on looking for a fight. With luck that guy will be banned.

Hopefully next season will be our chance to get on the pitch, but for now let them have their day.

ReplyQuote

21 May, 2012 14:01 Report
TheB (IP Logged)

Date Joined: May, 2012
I really fail to see how waving a union flag makes you a rangers fan? It's the flag of our nation not a rangers flag, people link the 2 to suit their own agendas, anyone who has an issue with the flag of our nation being waved has no place in our society as far as I'm concerned.

And would jester care to name the rangers season ticket holder?

The team deserved every ounce of abuse they got, total bottlejobs, if they can't raise the bar for this game then when can they? That was DUMBARTON we were playing, not barca, and the way we just rolled over and died was sickening

ReplyQuote

21 May, 2012 15:41 Report
TheB (IP Logged)

What is catholic got to do with wearing Celtic strips?

They were told where to go because it was the height of disrespect to walk in to the airdrie end wearing another teams colours

ReplyQuote

21 May, 2012 15:55 Report
cooper94 (IP Logged)

TheB

The union jack is the flag of the uk, fact

the problem is though some people use the union jack in
the wrong manner, the guy that went on the pitch yesterday waving union jack was looking for trouble, hence the reason
airdrie supporters were telling him to get off.

the reason people associate union jack with rangers is due to between themselves and celtic, rangers wave union jack to annoy celtic supporters and vice versa celtic with irish flags.

Yes i agree with you its wrong to assume the person, is rangers supporter, and been noted on here the guys who went looking for trouble one of them is season ticket holder of rangers, maybe true maybe its not, but i would ban him from stadium because all it needed was supporter the other side looking for fight and it would have all kicked off.

I also believe the reason some supporters dont like union jack is not because of what stands for but more so for reason, of what happened yesterday.

Just being honest ..

ReplyQuote

21 May, 2012 16:00 Report
kalidonian B (IP Logged)

Date Joined: Apr, 2007
Quote:
TheB
What is catholic got to do with wearing Celtic strips?
They were told where to go because it was the height of disrespect to walk in to the airdrie end wearing another teams colours

Totally agree with this although if someone wore a Scotland or England top that would not bother me.

ReplyQuote

21 May, 2012 16:38 Report
TheB (IP Logged)

Any other country in the world waving your flag is sign of national pride, part of your identity, only in this cesspit where we pander to very minority is it viewed with disdain.

Is it not possible that the guy was genuinely angered by opposing fans storming our pitch and the fact that team is apparently filled with spineless bottlejobs?

Did the fact he had a union flag maybe cloud people's judgement a bit, buying into ' he has a union flag must be a knuckle dragger looking for trouble rangers/chelsea bull****' the media spew? How do you know that he wasn't a genuinely p***ed off fan who overreacted and wasn't in fact looking for trouble?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/05/2012 16:40 by TheB.

ReplyQuote

21 May, 2012 16:58 Report
Diamond Forever (IP Logged)

Date Joined: Jul, 2005
<> I say fair play to the fellow earlier on - the flag was made up of different parts ( 1 corner a union ) and he was waving it about frantically when Dumbarton got a corner. I thought at the time "well done him - still supporting the team when we were losing heavily".

Probably as you say a combination of over reacting - being angry at the result, the lack of grit from the team after having paid £15 for the privilege to see, and opposing fans cheering on our own turf. <>

ReplyQuote

21 May, 2012 17:31 Report
TheB (IP Logged)

Quote:
Diamond Forever
<> I say fair play to the fellow earlier on - the flag was made up of different parts ( 1 corner a union ) and he was waving it about frantically when Dumbarton got a corner. I thought at the time "well done him - still supporting the team when we were losing heavily".
Probably as you say a combination of over reacting - being angry at the result, the lack of grit from the team after having paid £15 for the privilege to see, and opposing fans cheering on our own turf. <>

Bit of sanity at last, some of the comments on here are shocking 'he should be banned' seriously? WTF has happened to the airdrie support

ReplyQuote
Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListLog In

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net