Latest News:

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

cooper94
cooper94 (IP Logged)

Re: BOYLE MUST GO!!!
20 May, 2012 23:35
so goals dumbarton, stenny and ayr is coasting ,

diamond fan tell me a better left winger you can get for division 2 next year ???

20 May, 2012 23:52
Sorry, but McLaren is a joke. He's such a talented player, but he quite clearly doesn't try to defend and he quite clearly has no stamina. I don't think anyone is questioning his ability, but his attitude and fitness are a joke.

Diamond Lad
Diamond Lad (IP Logged)

21 May, 2012 06:50
get willie mclaren out. he's not got the attitude he drinks too much and doesn't chase back

I'd get rid of Holmes, lilley, McLaren, and I'd look to replace lovers. I think he's been great with us but is too slow and leaves that wing open

As for Boyle I'd give him another year. who would we bring in who'd better? ans he works well with the young players and has signed the new left winger already.

Glenmavis Diamond
Glenmavis Diamond (IP Logged)

21 May, 2012 08:32
To clarify my comments on Stallard; him being played at centre half is the managers decision, so not directly his fault.

He clearly is not comfortable or competent there.
It was the combo of Stallard & Lilley that saw us ship so many goals throughout the season & we came undone through that combo again on Saturday.

If Jimmy didnt think he was dodgy in there he would not have subbed him so early in the game.

On a diffeent note though, what the hell was Lamie thinking, not lumping the ball out the park in 1st half injury time? not saying we'd have been any different in the 2nd half, but going in a 2-1 down with us having not long scored, would have been much better than 3-1 down with the wind just knocked out us right before half time!

21 May, 2012 08:54
Quote:
Glenmavis Diamond
To clarify my comments on Stallard; him being played at centre half is the managers decision, so not directly his fault.

So who else could he have put at centre half?

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsJ/8656.gif

Never disturb me when i'm having Tiffin!

cooper94
cooper94 (IP Logged)

21 May, 2012 09:39
I would watch the game again from yesterday you will find McClaren did track back,

I look player based on how they have done since they came in, Mcclaren scored 8 goals.

I would say what said before tell me a better winger you will get for division 2, no disrespect Phil Johnston could outrun wullie all do but he cant unlock team like wullie can.

Paranoid Android
Paranoid Android (IP Logged)

21 May, 2012 12:48
Quote:
Diamond Lad
get willie mclaren out. he's not got the attitude he drinks too much and doesn't chase back
I'd get rid of Holmes, lilley, McLaren, and I'd look to replace lovers. I think he's been great with us but is too slow and leaves that wing open

As for Boyle I'd give him another year. who would we bring in who'd better? ans he works well with the young players and has signed the new left winger already.

I'd like to keep Lilley, when he's paired with McDonald they do a fine job. The defence we had last nite was that of early season when we were shipping goals at every opposition attack, due to the lack of a strong centre back pairing & widespread panic.

60sfan
60sfan (IP Logged)

21 May, 2012 13:12
Jimmy has signed some decent players - eventually. But for every good one we've had a couple of real duds. Whether or not the 2 year contract award has been rash remains to be seen. He certainly needs to instill in the players some discipline. I find the criticism of McLaren (and previously Stevenson) typical of Airdrie fans. Give them 100% blood and snotters a la Willie Wilson and they're happy. I doubt they'd fancy Messi in the team as he doesn't track back enough.
The defence yesterday was a complete shambles and our tactic throughout the game was to punt to Holmes although he won very little in the air.
I reckon we could/should see some sort of clearout. We need to get rid of the cart horses. Other players who I felt showed promise have disappointed. Phil Johnstone for example - he's been with us a while now and everyone in the opposition and in the stands KNOWS what he'll do when he has the ball. Considering we have 3 coaches, 1 a former winger, has no one thought of telling him to cut inside occasionally? The second division next season will be a lot tougher and I'll be interested to hear the club's estimate of what will be a successful season. I reckon mid table will be as much as we can hope for.

jester
jester (IP Logged)

21 May, 2012 13:17
I though McLaren was fairly decent yesterday, one of the few I'd have kept on. For all that Holmes scored, I'd have have subbed him instead of Donnelly. Over two games he was ineffective, and yesterday was just woeful overall.

SandyB
SandyB (IP Logged)

21 May, 2012 14:21
Jimmy Boyle did not make the decision to substitute Stallard.
Lovering told Boyle to get him off the park using a few choice words.

Just Me
Just Me (IP Logged)

21 May, 2012 15:18
Stallard was clearly injured.

perthshirediamond
perthshirediamond (IP Logged)

21 May, 2012 15:39
I have to say after a 4.5 hour round trip on Sun I came away feeling that not only did the players underperform drastically but they had no motivation on Sunday what so ever -- ultimately those who are responsible are Boyle, Lawrence and Jack - I have to ask what else would motivate you more than playing in front of the biggest home crowd of the season with the prospect of first division football - We could have turned it around in the 2nd half but we came out without any drive or desire to win - surely a manager would motivate and change it tactically at half time? I have to say the u19s would have put on a better display. Even on the Radio Scotland commentary they said they have never seen such a poor display from a team in any league for a while as they did Airdrie. We did well to get the play offs which was a remarkabkle achievement considering where we were 6 months ago - but all the good work is easily forgotton by some after Sunday

TheB
TheB (IP Logged)

21 May, 2012 15:59
Stallard is not a centre half, his positioning is terrible and his decision making is woeful, he was far better when played centre mid

Diamond Forever
Diamond Forever (IP Logged)

21 May, 2012 16:05
<> Our defence was rotten and we couldn't cope with Craig Dargo. What chance did our front line have when the back line were screwing it up?

Donnelly was ineffectual, but his goals (albeit pre Christmas) helped get us to get there - likewise Boyle (who surely must want away now?) and McLaren.

Sadly our players just didn't perform on the day - did they think the hard work had been done against Ayr? <>

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net