Latest News:
Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
7 May, 2012 01:47 Report
LGillespie (IP Logged)

Date Joined: Sep, 2010
Players for Next Season.
Who do we have signed for next season so far? Who would you like to see stay and who do you want punted?

Personally, the players I would like to keep are

Adam
McNeil
MacDonald
Lamie
Lovers
Willie
Lynch
Donnelly
Blockley
Possibly Stevenson

The rest can leave, although if we're get promoted to the 1st division I'm not sure how many of our current players would be up to the job.

We'll cross that bridge when we come to it I guess...

ReplyQuote

7 May, 2012 09:29 Report
bigdi@mond (IP Logged)

Date Joined: Jun, 2009
Re: Players for Next Season.
I think we definitely would keep John Boyle and possibly even Stallard who's look good in that sitting midfield role. Possible signings to bring in, if we get promoted Hugh Murray of St. Mirren might be a shout, coming to the end of his career so might not mind part-time. I don't know if he's out of contract at the end of this season but Stevie Murray of Stenny is a player i've always admired. Think Di Giacomo is out of contract at Ross County who might do a job up front as a playmaker with the likes of Donnelly (if he's still here) or Boyle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2012 09:31 by bigdi@mond.

ReplyQuote

7 May, 2012 09:45 Report
EyesOpen (IP Logged)

Date Joined: Mar, 2011
Quote:
bigdi@mond
Think Di Giacomo is out of contract at Ross County.

Di Giacomo's been playing with Morton all this season, but I understand where you are coming from. He would be a great edition back to the side with the likes of Boyle and Donnelly there. Wouldnt mind seeing Sally being in with more of a shout either. Felt like his and Boyle's introductions on saturday changed the game for us, even if we never got the goal.
Also, Blockelys link up play with Boyle seems amazing, they look to have a great understanding with each other, so keeping Boyle would be a must for me.

ReplyQuote

7 May, 2012 09:54 Report
bigdi@mond (IP Logged)

Sorry I was actually thinking Morton when I typed it haha

ReplyQuote

8 May, 2012 17:19 Report
cooper94 (IP Logged)

Date Joined: Apr, 2012
Di Giakcomo, would not have him. A player who comes out on eve of crucial play off match and states if we don't stay up he's leaving can get stuffed for all im concerned. Stevie Murray maybe couple seasons back not now, he looks like inflatable balloon now. I would be keen on getting the target man at elgin, Craig Gunn been fire in the goals. I knwo Hugh Murray has expeirence but the centre midfeild is strong, what we will need is a goalkeeper. a new winger , striker and other defender, centre midfeild one area thats far from week , we have 4 good centre mids in stevenson, bloakley, lynch, stallard and i would hold on to every one of them...

ReplyQuote

8 May, 2012 22:29 Report
cooper94 (IP Logged)

stevenson and stallard i would definatly keep,

only players i would look at letting go are,
Owens( He has done nothing this year), Johnston ( not getting in team), possibly Green, devlin,

some young players who are not up to scratch as much as donnelly Bain stallard bloackley and those are, keast, sally, morton, but owens for me is the one i would be let go..he has potential but has done nothing this year.

ReplyQuote

9 May, 2012 14:56 Report
bigdi@mond (IP Logged)

See today that Paul DiGiacomo and Marc Smyth were released by Morton, Would take Di Giacomo back as I've said but not Smyth.

ReplyQuote

9 May, 2012 16:47 Report
cooper94 (IP Logged)

Big Diamond ,

why would you have Di Giacomo, he was good at linking of the play but compare to our other main striker at that time Lynch scored far more goals, and di giacomo was not the quickest and then what really makes my mind up is on eve of play off game saying if we didn't win he was leaving,

Marc Smyth why would you not have him back, he was really good defender for airdrie and i think he fits the bill perfectly, as he can play centre back and also right back and is dependable..

not have go big diamond, just cant se why you would have di giacomo but not smyth

ReplyQuote

9 May, 2012 17:11 Report
Diamond Forever (IP Logged)

Date Joined: Jul, 2005
<> I was sure Marc Smyth said something similar about not wanting to play for Airdrie if we didn't make it through the play offs - but if not I will stand corrected on that! <>

ReplyQuote

9 May, 2012 17:33 Report
bigdi@mond (IP Logged)

Just think with Lilley, MacDonald, Lamie, Stallard and Lovers if need be we're pretty much covered at centre back to be honest, the reason I would have Di Giacomo back is that yes donnelly and boyle can score, but Di Giacomo offers that little bit of flair at times, and I know he scores less even than big homer, but its his link up play that could result in a barrow load more goals for Boyle and donnelly.

ReplyQuote

9 May, 2012 17:38 Report
EK fan club (IP Logged)

Date Joined: Oct, 2011
Marc Smyth was NOT a good defender and if you watched carefully he was at fault for a number of goals.

Di Giacomo started well, faded and was overall no better than average.

ross County didn't fancy him and now Morton!?

ReplyQuote

9 May, 2012 17:44 Report
Diamond Forever (IP Logged)

Date Joined: Jul, 2005
<> Was there not some rumour going around that Boyle was heading back to Auchinleck Talbot? Is he on a contract - and till when?!

I know he's scored a good few goals, but I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't here next season if he's not on a contract - he's come off the bench far too often rather than get a starting place, and so he can't be happy with that surely? Or maybe he is and is happy just to be getting a chance at a higher level. <>

ReplyQuote

9 May, 2012 17:53 Report
bigdi@mond (IP Logged)

Heard that rumour too, wouldnt surprise me either tbh, as you said been used from the bench when he should be starting all too often

ReplyQuote

9 May, 2012 20:38 Report
AirdrieLad1977 (IP Logged)

Date Joined: May, 2007
Quote:
cooper94
not have go big diamond, just cant se why you would have di giacomo but not smyth

WHAT THE @#$%& IS IT WITH AIRDRIE FANS ANDS EX-PLAYERS. THERE BOTH PISH (Sm31)

ReplyQuote

10 May, 2012 20:48 Report
LGillespie (IP Logged)

Date Joined: Sep, 2010
Quote:
AirdrieLad1977
WHAT THE @#$%& IS IT WITH AIRDRIE FANS ANDS EX-PLAYERS. THERE BOTH PISH (Sm31)

I would imagine because with ex players, we know what we're getting rather than some hit or miss player that nobody has heard of.

Personally would stay away from ex players, unless they were particulary good, for example baird or mccord.

ReplyQuote

10 May, 2012 21:46 Report
2LGM (IP Logged)

Date Joined: May, 2007
I understand Hugh Murray's going to Partick so no chance there.I don't get the ex players thing either as in the main the ones mentioned were average and contributed immensely to relegation campaigns. So unless we're talking Alan Gow, continue to dig out players like McDonald, Boyle and our own youngsters. If we get promoted though I think we'd need a good experienced spine i.e. centre half, midfielder and striker to compliment what we already have.

ReplyQuote

11 May, 2012 15:08 Report
Diamond Man (IP Logged)

Date Joined: May, 2009
We're after Jamie Longsworth from Queens Park. Striker who's scored 20 goals this season and was up for 3rd division player of the year.

ReplyQuote

11 May, 2012 16:20 Report
bigdi@mond (IP Logged)

Quote:
Diamond Man
We're after Jamie Longsworth from Queens Park. Striker who's scored 20 goals this season and was up for 3rd division player of the year.

In the thread about Jimmy's contract extension ive said the chairman has said there will be new players being annouced soonish, I suspect Longworth will be one of them.

ReplyQuote

11 May, 2012 23:51 Report
cooper94 (IP Logged)

I just dont want players with attitudes think their bigger than the club if smyth said same as di giacomo about he would be of if we didnt stay up i wouldnt want him either to be honest no one is bigger than the club.

As for di giacomo he was never the quickest and i bet he is even slower now,

Guy from queens park sounds interesting, i would be happy if we were interested in Craig Gunn to he scores barrowloads for Elgin.

Dont know whats story with John Paul Boyle what i do know is he is desperate for airdie to goup.

ReplyQuote

3 Jun, 2012 09:41 Report
++AmmO++ (IP Logged)

Date Joined: Mar, 2007
Andy barrowman, told to leave dunfermline. Proven 2nd div striker. Worth a punt if he doesn't get a FT offer?

ReplyQuote
Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListLog In

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net