football
Latest News:

cooper94
cooper94 (IP Logged)

Lovesr is a legend
05 May, 2012 20:30
When i think of my fave airdrie players ever,

i think of stevie cooper, owen coyle, johnny martin,

Paul Lovering is up their with those guys for me now, hes my fave left back in airdrie jersey. He also has to be regarded as one of airdrie's best captains ever. Lovers has been more than great player to airdrie, the club was reborn and he has brought stability,and set example.

Some folk may disagree i would give him another year, he has been one of our best players this year, i believe lovers can hack one more last season in first devision, paul lovering to me is MR AIRDRIE, i want aidrie go up but also want airdrie go up for lovers to the guy deserves the joy of promotion with airdrie for all he has put in.

Diamond Inca
Diamond Inca (IP Logged)

Re: Lovesr is a legend
05 May, 2012 22:34
I'm with you on this one, Lovers has been a great servant to the club over the years. Many people will disagree because of the number of red and yellow cards he's clocked up, but I think that shows his level of commitment to the club. Obviously, I'd have preferred him NOT to have had so many bookings / sendings off, but that's just Lovers. I reckon if you were to cut him open, you'd find Airdrie FC and wee red diamonds right through him!

cooper94
cooper94 (IP Logged)

05 May, 2012 23:42
Yeah he has had few cards, but he is not dirty player he is committed , he has few heat of the moments sending off buts he made well over 200 games, be hard to find any defender thats made over 200 games not had few sending offs.

What lovers has habit of doing is when you really need man of match performance, he produces it. Also he never hides and pops up with important goals and from penalty spot this season he has produced the goods andalso hisdelivery has been first class with crossing.

Lover is up their with john martin, steve cooper, owen coyle, and he is my fave airdrie defender of all time now, im gonna get lovers printed on my shirt for wednesday night :-)

Diamond Man
Diamond Man (IP Logged)

06 May, 2012 08:54
Lovers is a legend. 100% committed and always gives his all. Would sign him for another season too. Got to remember too that's he's scored 9 goals this season and not all of them were penalties.

jack d
jack d (IP Logged)

06 May, 2012 14:47
oh yes......People are still gonna talk about him in 10,or 20 years time, a total legend agreed.

Diamond F
Diamond F (IP Logged)

06 May, 2012 15:11
This season he has also added this thing where he nutmegs defenders and goes on a mazy run on the wing. How long will that last ? Four more games hopefully !!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net