football
Latest News:

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

cooper94
cooper94 (IP Logged)

Re: Are we out of order to revel in the demise of Rangers?
02 May, 2012 17:04
Nothing towards rangers but didnt airdrieonians owe David Murray money and when asked about the position it would put airdrie in his reply , its busines, so no i dont feel sorry for him.

i think the way scottish football is run is a joke,team gets to vote and in premier league teams vote based on what keeps them in the league for example only one team relegated, everyone has known for years a 16 team league would be far more exciting for the supporters, as you visit new ground and watch different teams.

Personally i hope rangers are saved, because i feel its the normal supporters who suffer, the guys who are currupt allways get of the hook, one of our former chairman payed himself doublewages and he got of with it...

arkans ghost
arkans ghost (IP Logged)

03 May, 2012 20:56
who gives a stuff, the so called custodians of the game will make sure rangers are in the SPL next season.. its rank

Diamond Man
Diamond Man (IP Logged)

03 May, 2012 21:18
No. I personally can't wait until the day they snuff it.

airdrieonians
airdrieonians (IP Logged)

04 May, 2012 19:54
not enough revelling in my opinion, pity the egg stained tramps dont join them in the pit.
all that money wasted on non bending legs and shoes ruined at the toes, money chucked down the drain trying to get the impossible photo of whyte with a straight face, F@CK them one and all, and in case you thought i had been banned, i wasnt, i was on holiday smiling smiley
FTOF in fact F THE LOT OF THEM.

jack d
jack d (IP Logged)

07 May, 2012 11:28
In answer to the post a massive YES.
IMO Rangers football club have provided us with legends like Willie Henderson,(Iain Macmillan improved there) great Scottish traditions.Jim Baxter had the platform there,and then we had the Souness /Smith era.
They have created a steady income for other clubs,a name abroad for Scottish football,and many international class players for Scotland.
Whether you dislike their structure ,tradional values ,or their "we are the people" outlook,it is wrong to revel in their present predicament,and especially wrong when you realize that they are not going to disappear,that they will return and they will know who supported them in their darkest times.(Sm14)

airdrieonians
airdrieonians (IP Logged)

07 May, 2012 13:26
they should be into the 3rd division no questions asked. @#$%& them and @#$%& Celtic too.
@#$%& them all except Airdrieonians

ACC
ACC (IP Logged)

08 May, 2012 13:02
"I couldn't give a @#$%& about scottish football".

Bizarre outlook from GSTQ.

In an ideal world there would be no Old Firm but the reality is they exist. The prospect of a severely wounded Rangers giving Celtic an unassailable advantage for years to come does not bare thinking about. Like it or not if there has to be one there needs to be both otherwise Scottish football will go even further down the stank. The Machevelian machinations of the Celtic minded out there is very sinister and is destroying Scottish football.

Bulldog Eeven
Bulldog Eleven (IP Logged)

08 May, 2012 15:13
So the estimate £134 million worth of debt that Rangers can't pay is not damaging Scottish Football? Or is that all the fault of "Celtic minded" people?

Or are you simply accusing everyone who thinks Rangers deserve to be punished for mismanagement of being "Celtic minded"?

Polomint
Murraymint (IP Logged)

08 May, 2012 17:43
'twas the Pope wot done it!

09 May, 2012 10:37
Celtic would soon tire of having no competition and would eventually leave Scottish football. Maybe I'm being an idealist rather than a realist but I don't care if there is no money coming in from Sky or the BBC as I don't imagine that we make a great deal from it anyway. Any clubs who vote to let a new Rangers stay in so that they can play them 4 times a season should also consider that while both members of the old firm remain in Scottish football, their own chances of qualifying for the Champions League must be zero; with one of them out of the way, there is suddenly something to play for. I would personally love to see the demise of both members of the old firm but I'll settle for one in the meantime.

jester
jester (IP Logged)

09 May, 2012 11:56
Quote:
The real Desmond Dekker
Celtic would soon tire of having no competition and would eventually leave Scottish football. Maybe I'm being an idealist rather than a realist but I don't care if there is no money coming in from Sky or the BBC as I don't imagine that we make a great deal from it anyway. Any clubs who vote to let a new Rangers stay in so that they can play them 4 times a season should also consider that while both members of the old firm remain in Scottish football, their own chances of qualifying for the Champions League must be zero; with one of them out of the way, there is suddenly something to play for. I would personally love to see the demise of both members of the old firm but I'll settle for one in the meantime.
Celtic will hopefully wither away to become a shadow of what they are. Imagine a world with no more Rangers, no old firm rivalry, no sectarianism, an end to world hunger, and both Bill Barr and Margaret Thatcher dead. That world is possible, and the passing of Rangers is the first step to a brighter tomorrow...

http://www.savethechildren.org.uk/sites/default/files/imported/Children_playing_5-scr.JPG

ACC
ACC (IP Logged)

09 May, 2012 17:18
"So the estimate £134 million worth of debt that Rangers can't pay"

This figure is a nonsense. The true level of Rangers debts are similar to Celtic's and alot less than Hearts.

"Celtic would soon tire of having no competition and would eventually leave Scottish football"

Genius, I am sure they wished they had though of that idea. Where exactly do they go however?

"Celtic will hopefully wither away to become a shadow of what they are. Imagine a world with no more Rangers, no old firm rivalry, no sectarianism"

You can but dream, however as long as there is Celtic there will be sectarianism in Scottish football.

10 May, 2012 12:24
If a newco are allowed to stay in SPL can anyone connected to Airdrie take legal action and sue?? change the rules as its rangers??

Disgrace ONIANS

10 May, 2012 12:25
If a newco are allowed to stay in SPL can anyone connected to Airdrie take legal action and sue?? change the rules as its rangers??

Disgrace ONIANS

MESSAGES->author
Chris Mac (IP Logged)

10 May, 2012 12:45
No Scotty, Airdrie never applied to join the SPL, if the SPL refused them and the SFL accpeted them then maybe yes.

kalidonian B
kalidonian B (IP Logged)

10 May, 2012 12:47
Quote:
The real Desmond Dekker

F F S
I cant believe it, you posted something that is sensible!
First time for everything I suppose.

10 May, 2012 14:10
All my posts are sensible, it just happens to be the first one you agree with!

Polomint
Murraymint (IP Logged)

10 May, 2012 14:49
Quote:
ACC
"So the estimate £134 million worth of debt that Rangers can't pay"
This figure is a nonsense. The true level of Rangers debts are similar to Celtic's and alot less than Hearts.

"Celtic would soon tire of having no competition and would eventually leave Scottish football"

Genius, I am sure they wished they had though of that idea. Where exactly do they go however?

"Celtic will hopefully wither away to become a shadow of what they are. Imagine a world with no more Rangers, no old firm rivalry, no sectarianism"

You can but dream, however as long as there is Celtic there will be sectarianism in Scottish football.

Are you seriously saying that the potential Rangers debt is the same as Hearts?
The Big Tax case and Little Tax case could run into high tens of millions alone. Then there are the footballing debts to many other clubs.
You seem to have a one sided view of this.

ACC
ACC (IP Logged)

10 May, 2012 17:22
Just trying to give a balanced view to counter the nonsensical hyperbole that most people are spouting.
The key word in the Big Tax Case is that it COULD amount to an £80 million bill. The reality is the jury is still out and every (real) tax expert’s opinion I have read is saying that Rangers have done nothing wrong, unless they have somehow managed to cock up the administration of the scheme. I am not saying it is morally right (because I don’t think it is) but we are not talking morality we are talking legality. If there is a loophole in the tax legislation it is there to be exploited and accountants are continually devising schemes to make themselves and their clients money. Hence we have a ridiculous percentage of the mega rich only paying 10% tax. If the principle that HMRC is arguing is upheld by the tribunal at least eight big English clubs will face similar if not higher bills. Then those using the image rights scheme to avoid tax and not already settled (Celtic) will be the next targets.
Take off the big tax bill, take off the three million of the debt owed to other clubs as they are owed more from players they have sold, take off the money for debenture holders and you are probably looking at £40 million. Saying that there is £3.5 million sitting in a Collyer Bristow bank account, Ticketus are going after Whyte for the £27 million and Duff and Phelps are going after Collyer Bristow/Wavetower for £25 million.
What all these people who are saying that Rangers are financially unviable are forgetting is, this is a club who won the three previous SPLs whilst reducing their debt year on year by around £5 million, paying £1 million a year to Lloyds in interest and allegedly paying Murray International Holdings £6 million a year in consultancy fees. Duff and Phelps have made it clear that Rangers could easily break even without European money.
If Brian Kennedy or whoever can come in and get Rangers for under £10 million and the tax case goes there way it will be the best bit of business he will ever have done. But as I say the Tax Case has always been the fly in the ointment.
I apologise regarding the Hearts debt I didn’t realise they had recently announced they had reduced their debts from £36 million to £24 million however I am sure that is against a turnover far less than the £55 million of Rangers. If Rangers go to the wall or at least are removed from the SPL it will put several if not all SPL clubs in grave danger. But hey what do we care.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2012 17:25 by ACC.

Polomint
Murraymint (IP Logged)

10 May, 2012 18:38
I am sick and tired of hearing continually that the financial viability of Scottish Football is predicated on Rangers playing in the SPL.
Dunfermine aren't getting league games against them next season nor are they getting any SKY money, but will they go bust? Maybe if they don't change their business model, but otherwise they'll be OK.
Scottish football will survive without either of the Old Firm. The only people who think otherwise are the media who are the real parasites depending on the great unwashed buying their papers and phoning their radio stations.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net