football
Latest News:

The Stomp
The Stomp (IP Logged)

A Minutes Silence @ 1pm
30 April, 2012 13:01
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Shaun William Ryder

Re: A Minutes Silence @ 1pm
30 April, 2012 17:31
i remember it well. I was in The Marriott in Glasgow to witness it first hand........

That means my Airdrieonians Tattoo must be 10 years old on Tuesday cos i got it done the following day

"SWR.....The Voice of Reason & Here to Help"

Frank Grimes
Frank Grimes (IP Logged)

30 April, 2012 18:57
Was at the Marriott myself, horrible day.

GSTQ
GSTQ (IP Logged)

30 April, 2012 20:42
I was at scbool still at the time, walked out of class and heard someone in my year laughing about it. He wasn't laughing for long once he got a sore puss.

Horrible horrible day.

Polomint
Murraymint (IP Logged)

30 April, 2012 21:01
Very little publicity nor sympathy from the media or other fans.
And that's why I have F'ck-all sympathy for any of the Huns now.
And when Nimmo looks back, I wonder of he can convince himself that he did the best he could to keep us alive?

FGAU
FGAU (IP Logged)

30 April, 2012 22:42
Was a bad day but I wouldnt get overly dramatic about it, not as if its on par with a family member dying.

MESSAGES->author
glensburgh (IP Logged)

01 May, 2012 00:19
to some it was, and still is, akin to a family bereavment. I'd be carefull about making flippant remarks around them.

Allan

Mr Clean.
Mr Clean. (IP Logged)

01 May, 2012 07:39
Make it 30 minutes - I have a meeting at 1 that I do not want/need to go to and have have absolutely no intention of contributing to.

jester
jester (IP Logged)

01 May, 2012 07:48
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=224759014300199&set=a.146011208841647.27237.100002983068294&type=1&theater
I look forward to opening a bottle the day Mr Barr pegs it. I assume I'll have to wait longer for Mr Nimmo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2012 07:52 by jester.

Rusty2
Rusty2 (IP Logged)

01 May, 2012 08:27
Yes it was a very sad day - I can remember it well.

However it was followed some weeks later that we had bought out Clydebank and would be reinstated as Airdrie United. That certainly made life a lot better!!

Sometimes we criticise our owner but he brought us back to life again!!

Ping
Ping (IP Logged)

01 May, 2012 09:29
Quote:
FGAU
Was a bad day but I wouldnt get overly dramatic about it, not as if its on par with a family member dying.

Ha! Speak for yerself, there's a few in my family i'd rather have bit the dust before Airdrieonians. (Sm153)

smithers-jones
Sandy Jamieson (IP Logged)

01 May, 2012 10:16
Can't believe its 10 years if truth be told. Horrible time for all concerned.

nealmorrison
Carlukediamond (IP Logged)

01 May, 2012 10:58
blair nimmo, couldnt wait to get rid off us, so his beloved falkirk would remain in the 1st div and they were the one club that directly benefited from us going out of business.

Diamonds are forever

Mr Clean.
Mr Clean. (IP Logged)

01 May, 2012 11:33
Whilst I have nothing but contempt for Blair Nimmo, I very much doubt a decision of that magnitude, football club or any other business, would be made, with the over-riding factor being the he supported a club who benefited from our demise

MESSAGES->author
OlderB (IP Logged)

01 May, 2012 11:48
The only way to show is we will not be beaten is to get our proper name back. Minutes silence is a bit OTT right enough- what about a beat Polomint up minute instead? I am all for that and would gladly contribute!

Polomint
Murraymint (IP Logged)

01 May, 2012 13:12
Quote:
OlderB
The only way to show is we will not be beaten is to get our proper name back. Minutes silence is a bit OTT right enough- what about a beat Polomint up minute instead? I am all for that and would gladly contribute!

If I was the overly-sensitive grass that some on here would have you believe, I'd have reported you for that remark! And the assertion that I keep mentioning Celtic is bunkum, and only exists within the realms of your fevered imagination.

MESSAGES->author
OlderB (IP Logged)

01 May, 2012 14:05
Quote:
Polomint
Quote:
OlderB

If I was the overly-sensitive grass that some on here would have you believe, I'd have reported you for that remark! And the assertion that I keep mentioning Celtic is bunkum, and only exists within the realms of your fevered imagination.

That's rubbish about Septic, you have mentioned it 1690 times and someone else said you recently got annoyed because someone had done 9 in a row.
@#$%& - Freedom to Polomint

This Thread has been closed
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net