Latest News:
28 Apr, 2012 19:12 Report
Diamond Forever (IP Logged)

Date Joined: Jul, 2005
Cowdenbeath v Airdrie - 5th May!
<> This is a big game for us now! Too bad we couldn't have got a result last week at Dumbarton.

Unfortunately we will be without Donnelly or McLaren, but should we have anything to fear? The title holders might take their foot off the gas and try out a few fringe players knowing the title is in the bag, or will they want to finish the season in style?

There is only one other result that should concern us - Stenhousemuir v Forfar. If we win the game next Saturday and Stenny score a barrowload then they will go into the play offs. I can't see us scoring lots of goals! A draw for both teams and we go through, a loss for us and a draw or win for them and they go through too.

Stenny got a good result v Arbroath away, but you got the feeling with that one Arbroath knew they were in 2nd no matter what - it meant more to Stenny.

Forfar are fighting to beat the relegation play offs, so you might think that although Stenny have home advantage it might end up a draw. In which case, what about us at Central Park?!....

And IF we do get through, we're up against Ayr Utd.! <>

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/04/2012 19:14 by Diamond Forever.

ReplyQuote

28 Apr, 2012 20:37 Report
Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond (IP Logged)

Date Joined: Apr, 2004
Re: Cowdenbeath v Airdrie - 5th May!
Big problem next week for us is they're being presented with the League trophy and they won't want anyone pi$$ing on their parade.

I reckon they'll field a full strength squad with no thoughts at all of taking it easy, look at Ross Co's result today when they were getting the trophy, 5 goals in a nothing game.

ReplyQuote

29 Apr, 2012 00:07 Report
cooper94 (IP Logged)

Date Joined: Apr, 2012
Im confident i believe right now we have the best team in the league it has taking time but i believe we do. I would actually go 4-5-1 formation next week.

I would have stevenson as attacking midfeild/ to be as far up park as he can be and have stallard and lynch in centre midfeild.

I would also have Bain and blockley on the wings, so that the midfeild has plenty of players who can graft and win ball and gain more possesion and stufle cowdenbeath out the game stevenson job would be is simple to attack and create.

ReplyQuote

29 Apr, 2012 09:01 Report
DBW1878 (IP Logged)

Date Joined: Jul, 2006
I dont think you can take Blockley out of centre mid for the game next Sat. The engine that boy has is unbelievable.

http://i30.tinypic.com/33tice0.jpg

PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2011/2012

ReplyQuote

29 Apr, 2012 11:25 Report
Murraymint (IP Logged)

Date Joined: May, 2007
Blockley's become the new Sammy Conn in my opinion.

ReplyQuote

29 Apr, 2012 11:32 Report
Diamond Lad (IP Logged)

Date Joined: Apr, 2009
Reduced gate price to try and bring in cowden fans because they are lifting the cup

adults £10
oap £5
under 16 £1

ReplyQuote

29 Apr, 2012 13:09 Report
AirdrieLad1977 (IP Logged)

Date Joined: May, 2007
Under 16 gate then!

ReplyQuote

2 May, 2012 09:49 Report

Quote:
Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond
Big problem next week for us is they're being presented with the League trophy and they won't want anyone pi$$ing on their parade.
I reckon they'll field a full strength squad with no thoughts at all of taking it easy, look at Ross Co's result today when they were getting the trophy, 5 goals in a nothing game.

<> Thinking it through, I have to agree with you there - which points to a draw poss. - they are up for it to put on a good display, we are def. going there to get a result! 1-1?! Will Stenny prove too strong for Forfar and win - if that happens we're "out". It's going to be interesting! <>

ReplyQuote

2 May, 2012 15:43 Report
thunderbird (IP Logged)

Date Joined: Jan, 2004
Jamie Bain also suspended !

ReplyQuote

2 May, 2012 16:51 Report

Quote:
thunderbird
Jamie Bain also suspended !

<> Starting to lose track of who's available and who's not.

So Bain and McLaren not able to play - Donnelly back? Or is he not available till.. well ...er... the play offs? <>

ReplyQuote

4 May, 2012 13:00 Report
Chris Mac (IP Logged)

Date Joined: Sep, 2003
Bain, Donnelly, Mclaren suspended......Owens, Johnstone injured and Holmes expected to make it.

ReplyQuote

4 May, 2012 13:54 Report
raydrie (IP Logged)

Date Joined: Apr, 2012
Looks like a draw to me, but as long as we match what Stenny does we are ok for the play-offs.

ReplyQuote

4 May, 2012 14:46 Report
Chris Mac (IP Logged)

Date Joined: Sep, 2003
I dread another Stranraer!!!

ReplyQuote

4 May, 2012 16:38 Report

Quote:
Chris Mac
I dread another Stranraer!!!

<> Gagging orders required for all tannoy announcers on the last day of the season! <>

ReplyQuote

4 May, 2012 16:48 Report
60sfan (IP Logged)

Date Joined: Apr, 2008
Unfortunately I can't see anything other than a defeat in this game. Had we a full strength squad to pick from then it might be a different matter, but we haven't so that's that. A pity as two games against Ayr would have brought in a bit of badly needed cash.

ReplyQuote

4 May, 2012 20:08 Report
airdrieonians (IP Logged)

Date Joined: Sep, 2009
i think if we sell donnelly, we will have 2 or 3 quid left after the divvy up cant be bad.
nope i cant see us winning tomorow, remember its cowdenbeath we are playing, a bit of realism please.

but if we do i will say hurrah!

ReplyQuote

4 May, 2012 20:34 Report
eio eio (IP Logged)

Date Joined: Apr, 2010
how many do yous think we'll take ?

ReplyQuote

4 May, 2012 21:43 Report
kalidonian B (IP Logged)

Date Joined: Apr, 2007
Quote:
airdrieonians
i think if we sell donnelly, we will have 2 or 3 quid left after the divvy up cant be bad.
nope i cant see us winning tomorow, remember its cowdenbeath we are playing, a bit of realism please.

but if we do i will say hurrah!

excellent stuff loool

ReplyQuote
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListLog In

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net